You may also like

Rate Dr. Mark R. Shaya

Dr. Mark R. Shaya's Ratings

Excellent staff, organized office they were always available. Very happy and grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2822941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Came for second opinion on disk in neck. Had the surgery 3 weeks ago, back at work. Arm pain gone, just some muscle tension. Very happy with result

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2819337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I had a cervical laminectomy with Doctor Shaya last month. So far, I'm doing great. Very happy with the care and Aventura Hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2803996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

After visiting dozens of other doctors, no one was able to help me. I have a rare disease which made my case difficult and most doctors are afraid to address it. Dr. Shaya took one look at my MRI and found the problem immediately. The surgery was scheduled quickly. We did a couple of temporary surgeries to see if the permanent surgery would work. Sure enough after the permanent surgery I am a completely different person. I had been a home body for a little over a year because of the pain and now I am pain free and doing excellent. Dr. Shaya truly is my hero. I know that if it wasn't for him, I would still be in excruciating pain. His staff is also very sweet and helpful. They always go the extra mile. And all the nurses that tend to you after surgery at UM are so good and caring. Highly Recommended! I suggest not even wasting your time going to any other Neurosurgeons...Dr. Mark Shaya is the one!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2728390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Over the holidays I had a minimally invasive spinal fusion/discectomy for ruptured discs between C5/C6 and C6/C7 with Dr. Shaya. I had serious pain off and on for the past two years and he was the first doctor I saw regarding this issue. I did get other opinions but went with Dr. Shaya as he explained everything very clearly, gave me great confidence in the diagnosis and recommendation and was flexible in scheduling and getting this done. The surgery went spectacularly well and 6 weeks out I am already back in the gym doing light exercise every day and feel no pain at all. Thanks Dr. Shaya!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2722817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2015

Recovering here at University of Miami Hospital after lumbar surgery yesterday. Leg pain completely gone, pain from incision is controllable with meds. Nurses are great. Food is okay. Hoping to go home tomorrow.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2681807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

Excellent surgeon. Outstanding results.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2653146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2014

I had acdf surgury in early Nov on c5-c7. I am 57 years old. My discs have been herniated for over 20 years. I have arthritis, spinal stenosis, bone spurs and migraines. I was experiencing severe neck pain and could not funtion daily activitys at all. This surgury was long over due. I live in Boca Raton. It was worth the long drive. Dr Shaya is a highly skilled surgeon. I am so happy that I chose him. I am pain free. I finally have my life back. Its remarkable how good I feel 6 weeks after surgury.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2651617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Excellent staff. best opinion so far. I have cervical spondylitis.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2636948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2014

I had back surgery for lumbar stenosis in May 2014. The results are amazing! Almost 5 months after surgery and I would say I am about 90% back to normal. Instant relief of the pain from day 1, as soon as I woke up from surgery. Dr. Shaya and personnel are patience, respectful and understanding. Would definitely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2553427].votes_count ]]