Rate Dr. Mark R. Shaya

Dr. Mark R. Shaya's Ratings

Excellent surgeon. Outstanding results.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2653146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2014

I had acdf surgury in early Nov on c5-c7. I am 57 years old. My discs have been herniated for over 20 years. I have arthritis, spinal stenosis, bone spurs and migraines. I was experiencing severe neck pain and could not funtion daily activitys at all. This surgury was long over due. I live in Boca Raton. It was worth the long drive. Dr Shaya is a highly skilled surgeon. I am so happy that I chose him. I am pain free. I finally have my life back. Its remarkable how good I feel 6 weeks after surgury.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2651617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Excellent staff. best opinion so far. I have cervical spondylitis.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2636948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2014

I had back surgery for lumbar stenosis in May 2014. The results are amazing! Almost 5 months after surgery and I would say I am about 90% back to normal. Instant relief of the pain from day 1, as soon as I woke up from surgery. Dr. Shaya and personnel are patience, respectful and understanding. Would definitely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2553427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

I am a 50 year old female with neck and back pain for well over 10 years, I had a lumbar fusion in 2005 in another state. Since moving to Miami I had to seek help for the pain increase pain in my neck and arms, I was under the care of a local Doctor who treated me with therapy in his office for about two years and the pain continued. I did some research and came across Dr. Shaya and after some test and a few visits he recommended a cervical fusion and it was done in January 2013, the surgery was a success since the pain I was having is no longer there and I was able to return to work within 2 months . I had to follow up Dr. Shaya in 2014 for the lumbar and had to be operated in July 2014, I am currently recovering and but the initial complaint and pain I suffered from is no longer there. I have complete confidence that the second surgery is also successful. I most certainly would recommend Dr. Shaya as I have enough confidence in him to have had two procedure. Thank you Dr. Shaya

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2547024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Justiz surgery date September 3, 2014
I am very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Shaya. I was wheeled in to his office unable to walk. Dr. Shaya assessed my condition and decided to have me hospitalized due to the severity of my pain. I had , spinal stenosis, compressed nerves. Dr shaya was able to immediately pinpoint my problem. He was confident in his recommendation of surgery if I wanted any relief. Dr. Shaya has given me a new lease on a narcotic and pain free life. Most importantly I am able to walk!
Thank you Dr. Shaya but my 8 year old daughter thanks you most.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2546310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I was very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Shaya. I had herniated discs, spinal stenosis, compressed nerves and a sacral cyst. I was having back pain, along with bilateral burning nerve pain in the groin and thigh area to the point I was beginning to have no quality of life. I went to other doctors prior to meeting Dr. Shaya, and only Dr. Shaya was able to immediately pinpoint my problem with compressed nerves, etc. He was confident in his recommendation to me for surgery if I wanted any chance to get better. I had a bilateral laminectomy L3, L4, L5, S1 and foraminotomies where the nerves were decompressed. The tarlov cyst at S2 was shrunk down. (Dr Shaya is one of a few doctors in the country who is skilled in treating these kind of cysts). I have heard the horror stories out there with those who have had failed back surgery by other doctors, but Dr. Shaya was reassuring with his expertise. I was also impressed with Dr Shaya's no-nonsense approach and his accessibility and quick response to questions. He understands when patients are in pain and I was able to have my surgery promptly scheduled. Dr. Shaya was receptive and accommodating when it came to my medical needs and recovery in the hospital. I had my surgery about 6 months ago without any complications, and by my 3rd month I was starting to feel much better with significant improvement to the point where I felt I got my life back! For this, I am very grateful, and would highly recommend Dr. Shaya as a brilliant, thorough and compassionate surgeon. Thank you, Dr. Shaya!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2543783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

I came to see Dr. Shaya after experiencing extreme numbness and tingling in my left left. Prior doctors treated it as a sciatica episode. After multiple injections, steroids, and physical therapy, my condition continued to deteriorate. I insisted on an MRI from my insurance company. I saw Dr. Shaya on a Wednesday afternoon when he read the MRI and he operated Friday morning. All that time I had been suffering and getting worse I had a spinal tumor growing around L4-S1 plus wrapping itself around my nerves and depriving them of blood flow. If it wasn't for Dr. Shaya my quality of life would have severely continued to deteriorate. I'm now 6 weeks out and rehabbing by jogging in my pool and doing Pilates. He's accessible, professional, caring, and direct. Truly, you could not possibly ask for more from a surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2533050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Very accessible, I showed up to office for a prescription and questions and his staff fit me right in. I had lumbar disc taken out in June and I feel very good, I had surgery at university hospital which was okay, I stayed there two days.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2511146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

I had a disk in my neck. Surgery was yesterday, typing this in my hospital bed. Leaving home today. THe pain down my arm and under my shoulder blade is gone! Thanks to Dr. Shaya and his team.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2505021].votes_count ]]