Dr. Stephen Kaye

Rate Dr. Stephen Kaye

Dr. Stephen Kaye's Ratings

I saw Dr. Kaye in the spring with an emergency ectopic. His bedside manner was horrendous. I didn't like him and felt that he was cold and lacked empathy. Not impressed.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2013 | flag

I have been patient of Dr Kaye for many years. I changed my previous Dr because his answer to everything was surgery, and he screwed up a procedure very badly for my mom. I have found Dr Kaye very knowledgeable, professional, patient, warm and caring. He explains the problem, and all alternative solutions, and he recommends one, and he tells you why, and then he is open to discussions and questions. For a science nerd like me, he is perfect, as I get all my questions answered. Also, he probes and follows up on many aspects, not just what you are there to see him for, which is great, because we don't always know what may be important to tell. He provided me with a non-invasive alternative solution to a problem I had, which other doctors had suggested surgery, and it worked great.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2012 | flag

Extremely poor and dangerous service received in January 2011. Patient ended up in hospital due to overdose prescribed by Dr Kaye's office.

Submitted April 7, 2012 | flag

I have just returned from my visit with Dr Kaye to have a polyp removed from my cervix. I very much appreciated the time Dr Kaye spent prior to the procedure talking about peri-menopausal issues and possible treatment options. He was very thoughtful about my own history and reasonable options. As for the procedure itself, it was painless, quick and much less discomfort than a typical pap exam. My experience was very positive. Thank you Dr Kaye.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2012 | flag

I went for years in horrible pain, being misdiagnosed and being dismissed by doctor's who could not figure out what was wrong with me, and would not take the time to find out. Dr. Kaye was the first one to do so after at least 8 years of suffering. He is kind, caring, professional, thorough and extremely intelligent. I am very lucky to have found him! Amy his receptionist is wonderful to deal with as well!

Submitted Nov. 15, 2011 | flag

I am overdue in providing this review. Dr. Kaye was the most reassuring, trustworthy specialist I have come across - as both a consultant and surgeon. I am in top health today and I credit Dr.Kaye for looking after me so excellently. (Ref: June 25/09)

Submitted Oct. 6, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kaye is the most competent, detail-aware and skillful physician I have ever dealt with. He is calm, very intelligent and trustworthy. His advice is well-considered and thoughtful. I had to have a complete hysterectomy which he performed vaginally. I had surgery at 8:45 a.m. and was home, on the couch, resting in complete comfort at 6 p.m. I did not fill his Tylenol prescription as my experience was basically pain-free, due, I am convinced, to his great talent as a surgeon. He is an exceptional and consumate professional.

Submitted Sept. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kaye delivered my son in November 2010 via c-section. Seven months later, I find myself still thinking about coming on here to write a review, so here I am! Dr. Kaye is amazing. He is personable and reassuring. I first saw him for a consult at 40 weeks because my son had not yet dropped. A resident saw me first and did a great exam. Dr. Kaye gave me the confidence to try vaginal delivery and even though I wasn't able to (after 29 hours of labour), I am so happy that I got the chance to try. Another medical student was with Dr. Kaye when he did my c-section. I think it is fantastic that he is committed to training new doctors and sharing his knowledge. My recovery was a breeze, my scar is hardly noticeable, and my son is AMAZING! Thank you to Dr. Kaye making my birth experience the best it could be in the circumstances - it meant so much to me. Dr. Kaye also made sure to make sure my husband felt included. Thank you! P.s. I've found Amy to be really helpful & friendly too.

Submitted June 28, 2011 | flag

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been referred to Dr Kaye for a laparoscopy. I found him to be personable, caring, considerate and respectful. I had very little post-operative pain and recovered remarkably quickly. A friend who is medically trained said this is a testament to his skill. Also, I found his receptionist, Amy, to be kind and efficient, despite obviously being very busy.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2011 | flag

This was my first visit with Dr. Kaye. I found him to be extremely informative, personable, and very gentle. He answered all of my questions very throughly, and explained everything in detail. He was pretty handsome too - amazing eyes!(not that that matters for a doctor review - but its a sweet bonus!) I think that my referring doctor made an excellent choice!Thank you Dr. Kaye!

Submitted Jan. 12, 2011 | flag