You may also like

Rate Dr. J. David Amirault

Dr. J. David Amirault's Ratings

He is an excellant doctor with wonderful repore with patient. Very straight forward in his ex

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2776773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr amirault is very knowledgeable and treated me so well when I was the hospital. I had a lot of swelling due to previous surgeies on my left knee and john David ruled everything out. He didn't rush me through the system and am very pleased with him overall.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2714824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

Wow! Just had a double TKR (I also have MS) and the care was phenomenal and my recovery has been so far very good. Dr. A very approachable and kind, his staff also wonderful. My incision lines are even not horrific! I have been delighted with every aspect of my care so far.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

I have seen this Dr twice the first time he seen me he said my foot is not bad and you are walking he said just wait and he would be glad to see me again, well I seen him in June 2014, he ordered a cat scan of my foot in Sydney and I waited for them to call and finally in Aug I phoned the hospital they told me I may get one by the end of Sept but we were leaving for Dartmouth the frst week of Sept and I looked in the mail and I had my appointment for Sept 5th at 6pm Dr Amirault must have been waiting for it so I came back home on the 5th went for my scan and three weeks later I had a letter to go see him and he said yes its worse and he drew out what he was going to do which is a triple arthrodesis of my foot that is fusing my three main joints in my foot and I signed the paper to have it done he was a very nice man and I felt very safe with him and I know the pain will be bad. For a month but I can't walk now he wad excellent and I will be glad for him when he does it and another fantastic surgeon for elbows or shoulders is Dr David Johnston very pleasant and never had a problem with any of my surgeries I like and respect them both and if I sell my house in 2 years I will move to Dartmouth because of the doctors.five stars for both

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

Dr. Amirault is a very caring and intelligent man. He does not do surgery unless it is necessary and said so himself even after I had already had the surgery before in NB on my other knee he insisted on being thorough before proceeding. A few days after surgery I had tightness in my calf which I was warned to watch for and he saw me the very next day which was a Friday and important to him to make sure I was ok and that I wasn't suffering over the weekend or rushing to the emerge. I am 7 days post-op, I see him again on Friday to have my stitches removed. Everything is going fine and he is going to go over the whole surgery and show me a video on Friday when I see him. I have nothing but good things to say about him. The person who called him a "quack" is going by hear-say and it probably wasn't the same doctor they were talking about-shame on u! There's no way this man is a "quack" anyone would be lucky to have him for a doctor. If he wasn't excellent he would be accepting patients!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

Surgery was successful and Dr approached relative re information He gave good explanations and had a very approachable manner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

I was referred to Dr.Amirault by an orthopedic surgeon in Charlottetown,were I live.He has performed an osteotomy,then I developed a bad infection and a Hemotoma(SP)so when I went for a check up he sent me for emerency surgery to clean it up,and a couple years later ended up replacing the hip.Going through all of these procedures at a very young age was difficult(I had the first one at 22 and a hip replacement at 24)but I thank god that He was my doctor.This man was absolutly amazing.While I had heard some comments that he was hot headed and impatient,I experienced nothing but the finest care possible.He was very patient,answering questions and attending to concerns,His bedside manner was incredible.He really went out of his way to make sure my mom and I were comfortable and had everything we needed while we were there, and did what he could to get me transferred to the hospital in PEI ASAP (I spent 3 wks the first surgery, 6 weeks the 2nd and 2 the third)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

this doctor shouldnt be allowed to pratice,very rude doesnt listen,patiences in waiting area warned my family dont let him touch her,said nothing was broke but 2 other doc said it was so why operate if nothing was broke,get rid of this quack

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2009

Excellent surgeon - repaired serious # ankle and am now 100%. Very caring and thorough. Only problem is the organization of the ortho clinic at the Infirmary - very long wait times and the nursing care on the ortho floors is not good -neither of which are within his scope but does affect patient care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

This is one of those very rare guys who has an innate ability to understand and care for his patients. He is quick yet thorough, knowledgeable and funny. If we had a choice, I am sure we would all choose him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802881].votes_count ]]