Rate Dr. J. David Amirault

Dr. J. David Amirault's Ratings

Dr. Amirault is a very caring and intelligent man. He does not do surgery unless it is necessary and said so himself even after I had already had the surgery before in NB on my other knee he insisted on being thorough before proceeding. A few days after surgery I had tightness in my calf which I was warned to watch for and he saw me the very next day which was a Friday and important to him to make sure I was ok and that I wasn't suffering over the weekend or rushing to the emerge. I am 7 days post-op, I see him again on Friday to have my stitches removed. Everything is going fine and he is going to go over the whole surgery and show me a video on Friday when I see him. I have nothing but good things to say about him. The person who called him a "quack" is going by hear-say and it probably wasn't the same doctor they were talking about-shame on u! There's no way this man is a "quack" anyone would be lucky to have him for a doctor. If he wasn't excellent he would be accepting patients!

Submitted March 20, 2012 | flag

Surgery was successful and Dr approached relative re information He gave good explanations and had a very approachable manner

Submitted May 18, 2011 | flag

I was referred to Dr.Amirault by an orthopedic surgeon in Charlottetown,were I live.He has performed an osteotomy,then I developed a bad infection and a Hemotoma(SP)so when I went for a check up he sent me for emerency surgery to clean it up,and a couple years later ended up replacing the hip.Going through all of these procedures at a very young age was difficult(I had the first one at 22 and a hip replacement at 24)but I thank god that He was my doctor.This man was absolutly amazing.While I had heard some comments that he was hot headed and impatient,I experienced nothing but the finest care possible.He was very patient,answering questions and attending to concerns,His bedside manner was incredible.He really went out of his way to make sure my mom and I were comfortable and had everything we needed while we were there, and did what he could to get me transferred to the hospital in PEI ASAP (I spent 3 wks the first surgery, 6 weeks the 2nd and 2 the third)

Submitted March 15, 2011 | flag

this doctor shouldnt be allowed to pratice,very rude doesnt listen,patiences in waiting area warned my family dont let him touch her,said nothing was broke but 2 other doc said it was so why operate if nothing was broke,get rid of this quack

Submitted Dec. 17, 2009 | flag

Excellent surgeon - repaired serious # ankle and am now 100%. Very caring and thorough. Only problem is the organization of the ortho clinic at the Infirmary - very long wait times and the nursing care on the ortho floors is not good -neither of which are within his scope but does affect patient care.

Submitted May 21, 2009 | flag

This is one of those very rare guys who has an innate ability to understand and care for his patients. He is quick yet thorough, knowledgeable and funny. If we had a choice, I am sure we would all choose him.

Submitted March 19, 2009 | flag

This doctor is a very caring and wonderful man.......he truly cares about his patients and has excellent bedside manners.......wish more could be like him

Submitted Nov. 5, 2008 | flag

Wonderful surgeon who has performed two surgeries on me and is about to do the second on my husband. I can't say enough about his talent and after having been to a number of ortho docs in town he is the one with the most personality and the most sensitivity. His staff deserves credit as i have always been able to reach Sally any time i phone and she is so helpful and you never feel like you are bothering her. So happy we found this doc

Submitted Oct. 3, 2008 | flag

If Doctors could compete, Dr. Amirault would always get the gold. He is a national hero, for staying in Canada. Plus he's got the arms of a blacksmith. "A.X. Motorcyclist"

Submitted Feb. 20, 2008 | flag

He did the revision on my left patella and did a wonderful job. The first time it was done by a doctor who I believe is an under par doctor who was very impersonal and did what I (and everyone else who looks at my x-ray's) believe to be a sloppy job. After only six weeks you can barely see the fracture line and the pieces are matched up perfectly, unlike the first time where after 2 months there was still a HUGE gap!. Dr. Amirault is a very nice man who treats you with respect and not like you're just taking up a bed. He came to see me right after surgery, assured me it went well and told me to contact him if I had any problems. Everyone who has seen my x-rays tell me that the wires failing were a blessing because in their opinion it is done much better this time, and although having surgery twice sucks, I totally agree. If you ever have the pleasure of having this doctor do your work, you will see what I mean.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2008 | flag