Dr. Jose J. Abreu

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Jose J. Abreu has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: is he a surgeon?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5488992
21/05/14 5 4 5 5 Dr. Abreu is the best obgyn, I've been going to him before even since I was 18 he's the best, he's so caring and makes you feel comfortable, those 5 minutes are the longest in your life but he makes it go by fast. I've been very fortunate to have him as my doctor all these years.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 5449242
06/05/14 5 4 5 5 5/6/14- DR. Abreu is truly the best doctor you can ever be seen with. I've been with him for almost 10yrs . Always takes his time in explaining every detail about any issue you might have and puts you at ease no matter what you're going thru medically . He delivered my baby last November and I can truly say, it was the best experience. He's truly caring and very humaine. The staff is always caring from the moment you walk in, the young girl in the front desk -Jen , the nurse Mary and the doctors assistant yani. They're so caring and so sweet. Highly recommend this dr. The wait is not bad. All worth it.
RID: 4449996
30/01/14 5 4 5 5 I have known Dr. Abreu from a patient's standpoint and also from a nurse's perspective. He delivered our two daughters in 1995 and 1997. He always displayed the upmost concern for me as a patient and addressed all concerns and questions. Both deliveries went well. From a nurse's perspective, I can honestly say that I have had the distinct pleasure of working with Dr. Abreu for almost 18 years at Palmetto General Hospital. He is extremely professional and very caring. He treats each patient as if she were his only patient. He is knowledgable, detailed, polite and works great under pressure. I would recommend him without any hesitation! Dr. Abreu truly loves his profession and it shows!
RID: 2666961
31/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Abreu is the absolute best! I'm 18 and was very scared to go, I kept putting it off. But thank god my friend recommended him, her, her sister and another friend of ours go to him and now me. He made me feel so comfortable and at ease... I will DEFINITELY continue going to see him for as long as I live in Miami.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 2499880
13/12/12 5 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Abreu since 1993, he delivered both of my pregnancies in 1994 and 1995. He is the most humble and down to earth Dr. I've ever met. Recently this week on 12/12/12 I had a complication which I ended up in the ER at Palmetto. I was treated like VIP from the moment I got there, thanks to him. To me he is an angel sent from heaven, he has a great heart, he treats all his patients with love and respect, and is always happy to assist with any questions or concerns. To the point that my husband always tells his that if in his next life he comes back as a woman, he will look for Dr. Abreu. The waiting time could be sometimes a little long but to me is well worth it. He has a very professional team of staff also, specially Mary Perez, she's super sweet and cares a lot for the well being of the patients.
RID: 2293961
26/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr ABreu has delivered all 3 of my babies. I lived 30 miles away from his office and would drive to him because he is the BEST doctor ever. My youngest is 4 and I STILL visit Dr Abreu's office annually. I would NOT change for anything in the world. He is worth the drive and wait.  Respond
RID: 1715323
16/02/12 5 3 5 5 Best obgyn you could ever have. Very good in every aspect, and experienced, great person as a human. He helped me with my infertility problem as far as he could go and much more. Later after an in-vitro I came back and he took care of my pregnancy and delivered my baby. The delivery was a masterpiece. He used his hands magically to take the baby without having to cut me. He is the best!! (Palmetto Hospital was a disaster though)  Respond
RID: 1715292
16/02/12 3 3 5 5 I have been Dr. Abreu's patient since 1995. He did a myeomectomy for Uterin Fibroids in 2000, delivered both of my children by C-Section in 2003 and 2007 and had fibroids removed at time of the 1st C-Section and a tubaligation with my 2nd C-Section. He is absolutely the best OB / GYN with the best personal touch and attention for his patients. He gives you detailed information about your health and will also take his time to answer all of your questions.  Respond
RID: 1663384
16/12/11 4 5 5 5 Dr. Jose Abreu removed a uterine fibroid by myomectomy this month and was pleased with the surgery. He answered all my questions and informed me well of the procedure. He pays close attention to detail. He is the best Gynecologist in Hialeah, FL!
RID: 1506822
08/08/11 5 3 5 5 Dr. Jose Abreu is hands down, the best doctor [of any specialty] that I have ever dealt with. He delivered my first son 1996, removed a uterine fibroid in 1995 , and delivered my 2nd son via c-section in 2006. I moved to Tampa now and I really wish there were some way I could continue seeing him. If you have the option, go to Dr. Abreu. He is always beaming, happy, courteous, and genuinely happy to have you as his patient!
RID: 1460578
09/06/11 5 2 5 5 Great Doctor! very helpful and he explains everything to you in details. I had an ectopic preg and he did my emergency surgery right away, then he refered me to a fertility Doc - he personally called the other doc on his cellphone! I was very impressed by that and the fact that he took the time to personaly ask his billing person to check on my insurance to see if fertility check up was covered, he is very very nice.... to bad they do not accept conventry anymore =`(
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1322859
28/12/10 3 3 5 5 Wonderful doctor. I found out I was pregnant at 28 weeks. Went to 3 obgyn and was turned down. Doctor Abreu was caring and understanding. I can definately recommend him to all women. Since he delivers a lot of babies, women who are not pregnant might have more of a wait time. But well worth it.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 885458
12/05/09 4 2 4 5 Dr.abreu is always nice, happy and willing to help and answer any questions. I've been w/ him for years and years. THe wait time is horrible though, but worth it. I highly recommend him.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 800575
25/02/09 3 1 4 4 Need to work on appointment scheduling. LONG waits....why have appointments if anyone can come in at any time on the day of their appointment? Waited 2 hours+ multiple times. Finally switched doctors.
RID: 770342
22/01/09 4 3 5 5 I am in my third pregnancy and the doctor and his associates have attended all 3 pregnancies. I recommend him very much. Always makes you feel comfortable and at ease!!!
RID: 678154
03/09/08 5 5 5 5 Simply the Best of the BEST!!!...There aren't enough words to describe how safe and confortable you feel in the hands of this doctor!  Respond
RID: 670056
21/08/08 4 4 4 5 He is my favorite dr, If god send me another child definitly I'll go with him
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 669807
21/08/08 3 3 5 5 HE'S A GREAT DOCTOR. HE DELIVERED BY FIRST SON AND IM PREGNANT WITH MY SECOND NOW. HE IS VERY CARING AND COMPASSIONATE TO ALL OF HIS PATIENTS... I RECOMMEND HIM TO EVERYONE
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 664640
12/08/08 5 5 5 5 My experience with Dr Abreu was excellent. He has treated many other women in my family with both normal births and high risk pregnancies. I was treated with cervical cancer through him and my aunt had a tumor removed while being 7 months pregnant. Both ordeals have had successful results and I truely believe this was because of Dr. Abreu's knowledge and caring way of his profession. I would recommend him and his staff to anyone.  Respond