Rate Dr. Luis Monton

Dr. Luis Monton's Ratings

I have to agree with every positive comment made about Dr. Monton. He was my doctor throughout both my pregnancies and he still is. He's a such a nice man. I was always very nervous throughout my pregnancies and each time i went to visit him, he ALWAYS made me feel better. He is without a doubt, the most amazing doctor and any woman should consider herself the luckiest woman to have him by her side. However, i do also have to agree with the comments concerning his administration staff. His secretary very rarely answers the phone making it extremely difficult to reach him but most especially during a time when maybe you're not feeling so well. I truly wish this would change. I'm also not crazy about the new building he's moved his office to. Aside from those two minor issues, i wouldn't give up Dr. Monton for anything in the world.

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

Without question, the very best at what he does! I am very fortunate to have him for a Doctor: an expert with a lot of compassion who truly cares about his patients. A rare gem! I commend their efforts in trying to answer calls and I am hoping for further improvements in this area despite how challenging this is.

Submitted May 15, 2014 | flag

As many others have said, Dr. Monton is an excellent doctor. The problem is his administrator. It can literally takes weeks of calling and hours of your time to get through to her by phone. Totally unacceptable behaviour which unfortunately (it seems) has never been addressed by Dr. Monton himself. As well, it is not uncommon to wait for several hours in the waiting room. That said, Dr. Monton himself is excellent and compassionate, its just too bad so much effort is needed to make an appointment.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2014 | flag

A very compassionate doctor. Delivered both of my children and he made it a point to be there for each birth. I would highly recommend this doctor to everyone!

Submitted Feb. 1, 2014 | flag

Great doctor but no one ever answers the phone. I have been a patient for 10 years and need an appt, I've been calling everyday for months now and no luck.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2013 | flag

Dr. Monton is extremely gifted and talented in what he does, he definitely found himself in the perfect profession. He followed me for my 2 pregnancies, as well as when my mother was pregnant with all my siblings. To say that I trust him is an understatement indeed! The only qualm I have is that getting a hold of his office is difficult to say the least. Most recently I had to do a follow-up for a procedure, but I noticed that I was getting sick. I tried reaching the office and ended up going to the emergency. It ended up that I had a very serious infection, that wouldn't have been so grave if only they picked up that phone...

Submitted April 25, 2013 | flag

Dr. Monton has followed me through 2 pregnancies and has been an exceptional doctor. He is very kind, caring, and professional. I would recommend him HIGHLY to anyone....if you can reach him. Sometime over the past year (2012) he moved with his original receptionist across from McGill U. Currently, their answering machine doesn't take messages, if you walk in to the address given you can't reach his office or receptionist directly (they appear to be renting space in a travel clinic?). I left a written message for the secretary at the Travel Clinic front desk and a week later Dr.M's receptionist called me. I am glad that I was home when she did, since I have YET to reach her directly by phone and was told that the Travel Clinic has nothing to do with them and not to call them. As for being on time, I have accepted last minute cancellations and 1- 3 hour + waits in their waiting room because he is so good. You will need lots of patience. Good luck ladies!

Submitted Nov. 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Monton has been my ob/gyn for over 10 years. He is the most humane and wonderful doctor ever! Although he may run late on occasion, I don't mind because I know he is being diligent with another patient. He always has time to answer questions and to explain thing to you. The only complain I have is his secretary of the past 4.5 years or so NEVER answers the phone, NEVER returns calls and seems to NEVER be able to schedule your next appointment... unless you're pregnant of course. I hope he gets rid of her ASAP!

Submitted Aug. 5, 2012 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr Monton for more than 20 years. He is indeed excellent! But since moving to his new location things have gone downhill! I had an appointment scheduled for Nov 9 2011. On Nov 8 his secretary called to confirm. When I arrived on the 9th I was told that all appointments had been cancelled - but nobody called to inform me (I live 2 hours away and they know that!!). Never even received an apology! I was told to call in February 2012 to re-schedule. Got an appointment for April 2012 which was re-scheduled for May 22 2012. Did not get a call confirming my appointment so I tried to get through for 2 days without success. Secretary was not answering phone and voice mailbox was full! On the morning of May 22, appointment was cancelled once again. Not sure what is going on, but very very disappointed.

Submitted May 23, 2012 | flag

Dr. Monton is the best. He is always there when you need him and he takes the time to explain everything. Thank you for delivering our daughter. Thank you, to his greatest secretary Maria and all the nurses and supporting staff at the Jewish Hospital.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2011 | flag