Rate Dr. Jay Keystone

Dr. Jay Keystone's Ratings

Very knowledgeable MD -- he took detailed information about our travel itinerary, and gave clear recommendations. His staff was prompt and attentive. More than exceeded my expectations, would highly recommend to friends if they are planning any overseas travel. Great office location right on the subway line.

Submitted March 17, 2014 | flag

Staff was rude and not accommodate my request of sending test results to my GP. My appt was with Keystone, however, he passed my file to a different doctor. Only when I requested to see him did he walk into the room and was quite disgruntled. Keystone refuse to look at my travel history as I had given to his staff and was arrogant about his years of experience. However, he then questioned me about symptoms based on another patient's chart. He used scare tactics to cause me to worry about exposures to TB and other bacteria/viruses. He suggested me to take unnecessary tests. Another reason for me to lose faith in Western medicine.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2013 | flag

omg terrible...old and mean.Just full of himself and was not patient with my questions. I tried to be respectful and understanding of his time, but I traveled far to see him only to get insulted. Super rude; unbelievable.

Submitted April 9, 2013 | flag

Hookwork infestation. I read Dr. Jay's 1-1-1-1-1 comment and couldn't believe it. Dr. Keystone is one of the most patient, kind and knowledgeable Doctor's I've met. He helped me tremendously and I don't have a single negative thing to say about him. The thing with specialization Doctor's is that they SPECIALIZE.. if your ailment does not fall within their knowledge base, then they will refer you elsewhere. We are lucky in Canada to have so many good Doctor's but you have to be your own advocate, things aren't like they were 20 years ago. You have to stay on top of your symptoms and keep chugging away. I hope that poor 1-1-1 fella found a solution.

Submitted March 6, 2013 | flag

Nice man, but was not able to help me, spent a few months trying. Was very excited to see him, Hoping he could help find out with what is causing my horrific symptoms, unfortunately back to Square One.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

The absolute worst doctor I have encountered. Rude, uncaring, dismissive and totally incompetent. An uncontestable case for forced retirement of 80 year old doctors who are clueless - there's a bunch of them in Toronto who refer patients to each other. I wasted months of critical diagnostic time seeing this idiot resulting in a more serious and chronic condition. His staff mirrors him - rude, lazy and incompetent.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Keystone is a very energetic and happy doctor, who willingly answered my questions and explained concepts that I was unaware of. He was very enjoyable to see, and prescribed effective medication for me. His staff can be rude at times, and are not welcoming so ensure that you find the check in area if you are visiting Toronto General Hospital. It is a confusing layout.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2012 | flag

A very knowledgeable doctor who has helped me battle infection diseases throughout the year.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2012 | flag

He is PERFECT. I have never met such a kind hearted man who so diligently is driven to helping his patients

Submitted Oct. 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Keystone is a remarkable physician and I am surprised by the negative comments here. My husband has been suffering from a tropical illness for several years now and has been treated in Ottawa, where we live. We were referred to Dr. Keystone and, based on the comments I read here, I was slightly concerned going into the appointment. However, Dr. Keystone was absolutely wonderful. No value can be placed on his wealth of knowledge and it was a life-changing experience for us to be able to see a doctor who was able to immediately assess and treat the situation we were facing. Dr. Keystone is a wonderful physician, his staff are also terrific, and I would recommend him in a heartbeat. He is truly a life saver.

Submitted April 18, 2011 | flag