Rate Dr. Robert Chua

Dr. Robert Chua's Ratings

Doctor Chua was my OB for two babies. He is the best Dr. I have ever had and definitely the one one you want on the big day. Yes you are going to have to wait for your appointment most days but that is because he delivers babies and they don't care too much about your appointment time. Just think how much you will appreciate him running to your care when its your turn. We have decided that two is enough and I am sad I'm not going to get to see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

I used to think very highly of Dr. Chua. He was a wonderful doctor to me during my difficult high risk pregnancy. Since having my baby almost three years ago however I have had fertility problems. I was perscribed hormone replacements by him and told there was no point going for any more bloodwork to see what may be causing my infertility because my ovaries are shutting down and it cannot be reversed. Hearing this news obviously was devestating. I finally saw another specialist this past summer and this wonderful doctor reviewed my bloodwork over the past two years. My new doctor has now confirmed that I was misdiagnosed by Dr. Chua and my infertility problem can be treated and my ovaries can return to normal function again!! I believe that because DR. CHUA TRIPLE BOOKS HIS APPOINTMENTS he is way too busy to really take the time needed for patients who are having complications and need a lot of follow up care. When I do become pregnant again, it saddens me to say that I will not be returning to Dr. Chua as my trust in him has been completely broken.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

When I was referred to Dr. Chua I was told he was the best surgeon around. As both my pregnancies were uneventful and nobody in my immediate or extended family had ever had a c-section, I didn't think this was relevant for me (although it was my worst nightmare!!). However, I really liked his direct answers to my questions, calm demeanor and sense of humor and was happy to have him take care of my pregnancy.

As it turns out my baby was transverse and couldn't be turned for a normal delivery without serious risk to my baby. Dr. Chua came in at 3am for an emergency c-section after I went into labour (According to the nurse that night he is always on call for his patients. If I had to have a c-section, I only wanted him to do it). The surgery was quick, efficient and calm. My recovery has been great and the surprisingly small scar is healing well. Overall, I had the best care and a great experience. Thanks to Dr. Chua we have a healthy baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Best c-section in town. 2 cesarians from Chua and my scar is so small, I'm not even sure how he fit a baby (2 of them!) through it. Yes, you do wait to see him .. my longest wait was almost 3 hours. Just expect it and be prepared with a game or good book.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Dr. Chua is an excellent doctor. I have been seeing him for PCOS and he has been nothing but informative and supportive. I do have to wait about 30 minutes past my scheduled time due to such a high volume of patients, but other than that, I have no issues whatsoever with him or his staff. He has taken the time to sit me and my husband down and show us how to chart our fertility. He is soft-spoken but very knowledgeable with any questions you prepare for him =)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I couldn't be happier with Dr.Chua as my OB/GYN.Yes, you would spend a lot of time waiting for your appointment and if you have a no-complications pregnancy he won't have time to chit-chat with you so prepare your questions in advance and learn whatever you can through other sources (books, web,etc).But it's absolutely worth it knowing your Dr.will be there for you when you have an emergency. I had a difficult delivery-10days overdue Chua sent me for an induction which didn't really work and at 8pm of the 2nd day, when my baby couldn't take more oxytocin and his heartbeat was going down, Dr.performed a c-section.He also checked on me throughout the day which made me feel taken care of, especially knowing how busy he is with so many women waiting for him in the office.The c-section was quick and i had my beautiful son(didn't know the gender,but Dr.Chua had guessed it'd be a boy).The staff at Grey Nuns is awesome and I'd definitely be going to Dr.Chua for number 2 baby!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

I am sure they are knowledgeable, but the rest was downhill...My family dr found a large fibroid in my uterus and referred me to Chua. I can appreciate dr's are busy but I waited for 2 hours after my appt time (which I waited more than 2 months to get) to get in, then once I was, he did not examine me at all, just asked me if I drink, smoke and if there is pressure on my bladder...He then, literally, said 'ok, we will schedule you for a full hysterectomy, fill these papers out, and give them to the nurse', and he was up and out the door, leaving me there in shock...I went back to my family dr and she was shocked too, so referred me somewhere else... Would never go back here...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

Dr. Chua has been my OBGYN for 3 pregnancies. He is very good technically with stitches. My first babe was 5 weeks early and when I was in tears at the emerg, he was on call and the first thing he said is "none of this is your fault". I needed to hear that. He knew my husband was out of town so he monitored me for over a week to keep the baby in as long as possible.I was very nervous about having a second preemie and he was sympathic to this and monitored me closely. I like being in and out of appointments so he was great for this. Even if he has to jet off to the hospital to deliver 2 babies, he's back quickly and gets through all his patients - amazing! He's busy but there to answer any of questions, (but remember some questions are better answered by the prenatal class teacher or your girlfriends)!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804130].votes_count ]]