You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert Chua

Dr. Robert Chua's Ratings

He delivered all three of my babies!!! He is a wonderful and caring Dr. His wait times are long, but to me he's worth the wait. His long time nurse that works at his office, is friendly and treats you like family! Dr. Chua is very highly recommended by me. My Sister-in-law saw him and a good friend, both were very satisfied as well! Thank you to Dr. Chua, sadly three is my limit, I won't get to see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2768011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Dr. Chua performed my tubal ligation last month. During the office visits, as with any specialist, the appointments are never running on time, which is admittedly very annoying. However, Catherine, who assists in his office (I don't know her official title) was always very helpful and pleasant, both on the phone and in the office. My visits with Dr. Chua in the office were a little less than "warm" HOWEVER on the day of my surgery, Dr. Chua was extremely comforting at the hospital and put myself and my family at complete ease. I'm attributing his difference in demeanor to the pressures of an extremely busy office schedule. I would recommend Dr. Chua with no hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

He is great i had my first baby at 5:30am and he was called at 4;00am and rushed to the hospital to deliver her and i am currently seeing him with my second pregnancy and he is still awesome. Recommend him to everyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2699174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

worst Specialist I had ever seen! Didn't give much consultation! Sounds like he is too busy for to see me as a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2677355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Dr. Chua was my ob from my last baby. I am new in Edmonton and i was referred to
Him by my family doctor.. I heard a lot of good comments about Him and true enough, He was the best.. I was well taken care off during the whole time of my pregnancy, plus my after pregnancy. And we have decided that its gonna be the last baby, so He also did my laparoscopic surgery. Everything went well, cant complain for anything.. All i can say is he is really good.. I love this doc. Plus i get to see him often as I do work where He always do his practice " where miracles happen" ..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2669537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

Doctor Chua was my OB for two babies. He is the best Dr. I have ever had and definitely the one one you want on the big day. Yes you are going to have to wait for your appointment most days but that is because he delivers babies and they don't care too much about your appointment time. Just think how much you will appreciate him running to your care when its your turn. We have decided that two is enough and I am sad I'm not going to get to see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

I used to think very highly of Dr. Chua. He was a wonderful doctor to me during my difficult high risk pregnancy. Since having my baby almost three years ago however I have had fertility problems. I was perscribed hormone replacements by him and told there was no point going for any more bloodwork to see what may be causing my infertility because my ovaries are shutting down and it cannot be reversed. Hearing this news obviously was devestating. I finally saw another specialist this past summer and this wonderful doctor reviewed my bloodwork over the past two years. My new doctor has now confirmed that I was misdiagnosed by Dr. Chua and my infertility problem can be treated and my ovaries can return to normal function again!! I believe that because DR. CHUA TRIPLE BOOKS HIS APPOINTMENTS he is way too busy to really take the time needed for patients who are having complications and need a lot of follow up care. When I do become pregnant again, it saddens me to say that I will not be returning to Dr. Chua as my trust in him has been completely broken.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2542199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

When I was referred to Dr. Chua I was told he was the best surgeon around. As both my pregnancies were uneventful and nobody in my immediate or extended family had ever had a c-section, I didn't think this was relevant for me (although it was my worst nightmare!!). However, I really liked his direct answers to my questions, calm demeanor and sense of humor and was happy to have him take care of my pregnancy.

As it turns out my baby was transverse and couldn't be turned for a normal delivery without serious risk to my baby. Dr. Chua came in at 3am for an emergency c-section after I went into labour (According to the nurse that night he is always on call for his patients. If I had to have a c-section, I only wanted him to do it). The surgery was quick, efficient and calm. My recovery has been great and the surprisingly small scar is healing well. Overall, I had the best care and a great experience. Thanks to Dr. Chua we have a healthy baby.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2522009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Best c-section in town. 2 cesarians from Chua and my scar is so small, I'm not even sure how he fit a baby (2 of them!) through it. Yes, you do wait to see him .. my longest wait was almost 3 hours. Just expect it and be prepared with a game or good book.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2516755].votes_count ]]