Rate Dr. Robert Chua

Dr. Robert Chua's Ratings

Best c-section in town. 2 cesarians from Chua and my scar is so small, I'm not even sure how he fit a baby (2 of them!) through it. Yes, you do wait to see him .. my longest wait was almost 3 hours. Just expect it and be prepared with a game or good book.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

Great doctor.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

Dr. Chua is an excellent doctor. I have been seeing him for PCOS and he has been nothing but informative and supportive. I do have to wait about 30 minutes past my scheduled time due to such a high volume of patients, but other than that, I have no issues whatsoever with him or his staff. He has taken the time to sit me and my husband down and show us how to chart our fertility. He is soft-spoken but very knowledgeable with any questions you prepare for him =)

Submitted June 24, 2014 | flag

I couldn't be happier with Dr.Chua as my OB/GYN.Yes, you would spend a lot of time waiting for your appointment and if you have a no-complications pregnancy he won't have time to chit-chat with you so prepare your questions in advance and learn whatever you can through other sources (books, web,etc).But it's absolutely worth it knowing your Dr.will be there for you when you have an emergency. I had a difficult delivery-10days overdue Chua sent me for an induction which didn't really work and at 8pm of the 2nd day, when my baby couldn't take more oxytocin and his heartbeat was going down, Dr.performed a c-section.He also checked on me throughout the day which made me feel taken care of, especially knowing how busy he is with so many women waiting for him in the office.The c-section was quick and i had my beautiful son(didn't know the gender,but Dr.Chua had guessed it'd be a boy).The staff at Grey Nuns is awesome and I'd definitely be going to Dr.Chua for number 2 baby!

Submitted March 8, 2014 | flag

I am sure they are knowledgeable, but the rest was downhill...My family dr found a large fibroid in my uterus and referred me to Chua. I can appreciate dr's are busy but I waited for 2 hours after my appt time (which I waited more than 2 months to get) to get in, then once I was, he did not examine me at all, just asked me if I drink, smoke and if there is pressure on my bladder...He then, literally, said 'ok, we will schedule you for a full hysterectomy, fill these papers out, and give them to the nurse', and he was up and out the door, leaving me there in shock...I went back to my family dr and she was shocked too, so referred me somewhere else... Would never go back here...

Submitted Nov. 1, 2013 | flag

Dr. Chua has been my OBGYN for 3 pregnancies. He is very good technically with stitches. My first babe was 5 weeks early and when I was in tears at the emerg, he was on call and the first thing he said is "none of this is your fault". I needed to hear that. He knew my husband was out of town so he monitored me for over a week to keep the baby in as long as possible.I was very nervous about having a second preemie and he was sympathic to this and monitored me closely. I like being in and out of appointments so he was great for this. Even if he has to jet off to the hospital to deliver 2 babies, he's back quickly and gets through all his patients - amazing! He's busy but there to answer any of questions, (but remember some questions are better answered by the prenatal class teacher or your girlfriends)!

Submitted Oct. 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Chua is a knowledgeable physician. I like his calm demeanor. I had a few miscarriages and was referred to him by my GP and was accommodating enough that he said when I fall pregnant next time to just come straight to him so he can do early workups. I appreciate that. I do have concerns with his staff (nurse and receptionist). The receptionist is a young girl who needs to take a course in professionalism. I understand how stressful it may be to answer a million phone calls a day but a good receptionist never loses patience. Even when deathly ill with cough and cold she would still answer calls and assume things and give you wrong info. The nurse although nice for the most part, can be more thorough by giving important info. I was booked for an ultrasound and never mentioned that I had to make my own appt after that. So I waited for two weeks until I gave up waiting and phoned the clinic only to be told it was my fault. Irritating. Otherwise, Dr Chua is awesome.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2013 | flag

I wanted to let everyone know that Dr. Chua and his nurse are the absolute best. He has seen me through very difficult times. He has done 2 d&c's on me with miscarriages and delivered our stillborn son in 2011. He saw us at least 5 times when we delivered our son. All of these times he could have let the on-call doctor come but instead he was there. He was very compassionate and caring and shed a couple tears over our loss. We are now pregnant again and he always makes the time to see me. If I am scared about something, he will make the time for me to come in and have me listen to the heartbeat. He has even offered to see us at the hospital if his working there on his surgery day. He can have long wait times but this is bc he really cares about his patients and will go to actually take care of them at the hospital. He does not pass them off. I do not get bothered by them because he was there for us many times. If you have ??, make sure you ask him and he will take the time to answer.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2013 | flag

If you're going to an obgyn for fertility issues, don't waste your time with dr. Chua. He wasn't very knowledgeable and I had to beg for my husband to get his sperm tested. He wouldn't explain test results except in condescending ways like "you have excellent soldiers and generals" for my husband and "stop eating fatty foods" for me (I found out later that high cholesterol is very common in PCOS and very hard to bring down). Most of all, he didn't call me when a test came back abnormal and asked me to wait 4 months for an appt for results. I was taking fertility drugs and went to my gp since I was feeling really really off and my charts started getting wonky. My gp found an autoimmune thyroid disorder which would explain my infertility. Dr. Chua's response was to give me a double dose of fertility pills. Thyroid problems can cause infertility, miscarriage and growth defects. Why would I take more pills before I know that the problem has been solved? Never saw him again. Am pregnant now

Submitted June 8, 2013 | flag