Rate Dr. Karen Valentine

Dr. Karen Valentine's Ratings

Dr Valentine is NOT rude and abrupt. You need to cowboy up. I've been working with Dr V for two years now who's had to set me straight on accepting my illness and being a team player. I wasn't one. I am now. Her abruptness as to what I needed to realize that I'm not invincible has allowed me to accept things and keep on trucking.. She's brilliant and is always objective. I'm a CEO of a very large group of companies and believe me when I say I'm an opinionated handful. So if you think she's too abrupt maybe you need to get on the team like I did and accept that she's there for you not to fluff you up and make your emotional belongings stay nurtured. When the chips come down, she's there to save your life and keep you alive. Period. Embrace it and she'll be there for you. M Palmer

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2633301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I was very happy with Dr Valentine. She was very knowledge and explained every well. But then she asked me if I wanted to transfer to a Doctor in Red Deer to be closer to where I lived. At first I said no, but the next time I saw her I said to transfer my file. After 9 months I checked to see what was happening and she had forgotten to do it. I waited another 4 months then tried to contact her but had some trouble with her secretary. When I finally talked to her secretary, she said the file was on her desk. I am no longer on her client list, and my file has not been transferred. What has she done with it? My Doctor is now going to refer me to another specialist as I seem to wiped out of the system by Dr Valentine. Very, very disappointed by Dr Valentine!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

I am very fortunate to have met and been treated by Dr. Valentine and the team at the TBCC. I appreciate that she is serious and professional; she has also been very kind and compassionate. Under her care I always felt confident that I was being treated by the best... I'm now in remission.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2012

Rude and Abrupt. Very Little compassion. Needs training in bedside manner. Few times I saw her seemed more interested in her weekend plans than my condition. See other comments for this doctor, complaints about her attitude is consistent

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2011

Dr Valentine, in my book is nothing short of amazing. Like some reviews I know that she seems almost a little feared by the nurses, But if you ever took the time to talk to any of the nurses they'd tell you to that she is a wonderful Doctor! She treated me for over 3 years and I've moved province now so no longer under her Care. I shall miss her & her team, Cheryl & Stephanie. They are all Fantastic!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2010

She wasnt really ontime. But that aside she is a excellent doctor. She is compasionate for your situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2008

I've been seeing Dr. Valentine for 6 yrs now and I have been on the receiving end of her grumpyness and I have been on the receiving end of her hugs. She's an excellent, knowledgeable and competent doc and I will stay with her as long as I can stay alive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2007

I have had Dr. Valentine for 3 years and have found her very personable and friendly. Her job is particularly difficult, dealing with the type of cancers that she does. I find her dedicated, knowledgeable and kind. I do try to get in a joke for her, to lighten her day. If anyone finds her rude, maybe it has to do with the sadness of her work, or impatience on the client's side.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

I found Dr. Valentine to be one of the most intelligent/knowledgeable specialists I have ever encountered. I also found her to be very friendly, efficient & responsive. Fabulous Doctor! :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

Nice sometimes, but cranky at others. I have seen her treat the nurses with disrespect. She can be VERY RUDE. I want to live, so grumpy or not, I will stick with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1804420].votes_count ]]