Dr. V. Venugopal

Rate Dr. V. Venugopal

Dr. V. Venugopal's Ratings

Dr Venugopal is an outstanding orthopedic surgeon. Caring, and compassionate, he does not waste your time. If you need surgery, you will get it. He has treated me for several orthopedic issues over the years all with success including a severely elbow injury. It over two years of intensive rehab, but I am better than I had hoped for. My husband has also been treated by this wonderful doctor on several occasions and feels the same way I do. His secretary Linda, is a wonderful caring woman who puts up with a lot of bullying from patients who feel they need to go to the head of the list. I have heard how people talk to her, and it is not a pretty picture. We should thank our lucky stars we have such a competent doctor and his secretary to care for us.

Submitted July 21, 2014 | flag

A knee replacement over a year ago has not gone well. Dr. V. would not listen to my complaints that the knee kept pulling to the left. It has been confirmed by 2 other ortho surgeons that the bone has been cut on the wrong angle, making me knockkneed and the leg out of alignment. The knee will have to be replaced at twice the risk factor as the first surgery. In the meantime, my other knee has taken so much strain that it now has to be replaced. I found Dr. V. to be very abrupt, arrogant, and unwilling to listen to my complaints.

Submitted June 25, 2013 | flag

I am in need of a knee replacement and would never go to this Dr. In my small circle of friends I've spoken too there were 7 people who had him for surgery and all have had poor results...mostly crooked limbs...He should never be able to operate on anyone. This man is a disaster which needs to be stopped.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2012 | flag

TRAIN WRECK!! I didn't listen to the ratings...I thought dealing with the bad bedside manner was worth not waiting for a more respected surgeon. The guy is nice/pleasant when you can get him to talk though the first time we met he didn't even say Hello or introduce himself. But that is nothing compared to the lack of information and care you received. I understand these rating websites are only as good as the information on them and that you can only take people's comments so far, but if I can sway anyone from choosing this doctor I’ll feel a bit better. My knee won't but my heart might :)

Submitted April 18, 2012 | flag

I FOUND DR. VENUGOPAL AND HIS SECRETARY LINDA TO BE VERY ACCOMMADATING @ PLEASANT SHE WAS VERY EFFICIENT-100% DR. VENUGOPAL WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL, HE IS NOT THERE TO BABY SIT YOU, HE IS THERE TO WORK AND HE IS VERY GOOD AT HIS WORK. HE EXPLAINED EVERYTHING AND WENT OVER THE X-RAY WIEH ME. THANKS AGAIN LINDA I NEEDED YOU'RE HELP AND YOU WERE GREAT. GEORGE

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag

After ten years of living with a previous unsuccessful surgery by another doctor, pain, badly bent knee, Dr. V. Venugopal offered to do give me a total knee replacement and also promised to straighten the bent leg. This now would be a knee revision posing a more complications than a total knee replacement. He booked the OR for plenty of time to dig out the old prosthesis, and then give me a total knee replacement. He also took care to cut over the previous incision line to prevent extra scarring, cosmetically. Although it is early in my recovery, it is very obvious that my leg is almost perfectly straight, and will definitely be straight through my physiotherapy follow up exercises. I am so very grateful to this man for giving me the opportunity to finally walk without a limp. It is too early yet to determine how well the pain level will improve, but I feel confident that I will be free of that problem too. So far, all I can say is Thank You Dr. Venugopal for making me a new person.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2011 | flag

Best Dr ever! Had frozen shoulder, cortizon shot and no problems since.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2010 | flag

I am seeing him for knee problems. Over time I have had about 10 appointments both at his office and at the local hospital. I had partial knee replacement done 9 months ago. I have found him knowledgable, professional and punctual. He has always discussed issues fully with me and answered all my questions. He is very efficient in all he does. My surgery was not totally successful in that I still have pain but there has been a great improvement. He appears to be a skilled surgeon. My only disappointment is the outcome of my surgery in that I was hoping for total relief, but everyone I have bumped into in all my visits reported successful surgery so my outcome appears exceptional. I recommend Dr. Venugopal.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2010 | flag

Horrible experience. He repeatedly tried to talk me out of the surgery because he deemed it to be a problem I could live with, even if I was in pain. After the surgery I had a check up to remove the bandages. Despite the fact that the bandages fell off themselves a few days prior, he never even noticed!! During this same check up, he literally looked at my hand for 5 seconds, never asked me to move it etc, to see if everything was fine, and left the room. I had to shout out to him that I had a few questions, considering I couldn't really move my hand that much. He shouted back at me to ask someone else. Um...isn't that his job, to answer questions and actually make sure the patient's surgery was successful??? Since then my hand has not returned to normal function and any effort I have made to contact him, just to see if this is normal, has gone unanswered. I was told it was not his problem.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2009 | flag

I recently had my 1st consultation with Dr V. I found him pleasant, knowledgeable & helpful. He took his time to discuss options and write his report while I was there. The plans we made leave me hopeful for a solution to my problem

Submitted March 10, 2009 | flag