Rate Dr. Elaine Herer

Dr. Elaine Herer's Ratings

What is the point of being a great doctor if your patients can't get in to see you?! I agree with all the commenters here about Dr. Herer's receptionist - she is simply dreadful. She cancelled my appointment twice and kept me waiting six months to see the doctor. Then she never followed up to make the referral that Dr. Herer had prescribed. I am definitely switching doctors because of this incompetent receptionist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Dr. Herer is great but like many posts on here, her receptionist HAS TO GO!! she's the worst! She makes me not want to go in. I can't believe such a wonderful doctor would have such a terrible receptionist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Dr. Herer has been my obgyn for nearly 10 Yeats and cared for me and both my daughters through both high risk pregnancies. Further, she delivered both girls as well. In my opinion she is very knowledgeable and has tons of experience, hence, why she is always busy and booked up. I don't mind waiting for appts because I wouldn't trust anyone else. She was a great motivator and visited me every day I was hospitalized and was always there no matter what. She made sure that I was well cared for and I never once felt like a patient in her care. Her warm bedside manner is something that can't be taught and you can tell she loves her job and patients. She respected all birth plan and helped get me through both birth experience a feeling good about myself. Thank you Dr. Herer!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

Dr. Herer was on staff during my wife's delivery and had a team of knowledgeable, albeit lesser experienced staff on hand. She was a great motivator for my wife and I and was helpful answering questions during the delivery process. She demonstrated exceptional knowledge during the delivery and used the opportunity to train and educate her staff, which in turn, educated both my wife and I. While she wasn't my wife's OBGYN, I can attest to her abilities in the delivery room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

She is an ok dr. I do not see anything special about her. She is very cold... placed my iud wrong and made me wait for 10 days to have it removed. Her secretary is very rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Dr. Herer is a lovely doctor and a pleasant and warm woman. Her receptionist however is AWFUL. I am thinking of switching doctors for my next baby just because of her receptionist. she never answers the phone. she doesnt return calls. extremely frustrating to reach them to schedule appt or get advice. She would be strongly advised to get a new receptionist if she wants to keep patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Dr. Herer is very friendly and calming. She makes you feel good, that is very important when you are pregnant. All she did during my pregnancy was weighting and referring to routine checkups. When I was bleeding, she didn't want to see me. I went to emergency and other places, then she only read conclusions from different sources and put them into my file. Same thing happened when I twice had severe pain - I just couldn't reach her. How I can rate her knowledge? I don't have any clue. She inserted IUD so, that it was positioned wrong. She didn't refer me to ultrasound to check it, luckily I knew it should be checked and didn't got unwanted pregnancy. Her stuff is rude and NEVER answers telephone calls. They send unsigned referral for my first ultrasound and I had to come another time after running to my family doctor and asking her help. When I needed something I had to come personally to her reception because by phone nothing was done. In addition waiting time is very long.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2014

Doctor Herer was my OB for my first pregnancy. I love her and she was a wonderful doctor. However, her current receptionist is terrible which forced me to leave her and find another doctor for my second pregnancy. I highly recommend Doctor Herer to find a better receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

I had my subtotal hysterectomy three wks ago. I thank my husband for finding her for me. I had been suffering for many years large fibroids and so afraid of surgery and trusting a doctor. Dr. Elaine Herer is the best female OBGYN doctor and a role model to other female doctors. Dr. Elaine is a lovely compassionate down to earth doctor that really takes the time listens and truly cares, as well she is very knowledgeable up to date. I am blessed to have had Dr. Elaine Herer perform my surgery as well she has an excellent team assisting her in the operating room. I high recommend Dr. Elaine Herer any woman that is looking for a top best female OBGYN rest assure you will be in very good hands you do not need to look further. I would also like to add to the some previous comments regards waiting to see her between apts, its because she is giving each patient quality time and not rushing them out of her office. Sunnybrook is very fortunate to have Dr. Elaine Herer as part of there team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2013

I am slow in adding this review, as I have already had my lovely baby boy. On the PRO side: Dr. Herer is a lovely woman with a friendly upbeat personality. She is always happy because perhaps she loves her job. She smiles and makes you feel at ease. She is knowledgeable and answers your questions. On the CON side: she overbooks constantly-there is always a wait, sometimes a very very long wait. The appointments are rushed and that she doesn't have a lot of time to spend with you. Questions, are answered (on the pro side), but the answers are brief. She is rushing to get to the next patient - with one foot out the door, as soon as she starts the appointment with you. My personal preference would have been to have a doctor a little more in touch with natural and non-pharma intervention, Dr. Herer is a pure medical doctor and not keen on these methods. But I think that is fair to say of almost all ob/gyns - not a comment on just her. I did not factor that into this review.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805311].votes_count ]]