Rate Dr. Elaine Herer

Dr. Elaine Herer's Ratings

Dr. Herer is a compassionate, caring, and highly competent doctor. She is warm and friendly which puts patients at ease even when dealing with challenging situations. Would have to agree however with other comments regarding her secretary who unfortunately is truly not a reflection of Dr. Herer or in line with her approach towards her patients. There is a lack of professionalism, the quality of her service is poor and very inconsistent. There are of course some positive experiences but they are outweighed by the negative ones which include among other things: not following up or following through, providing incomplete or inaccurate information, and displaying behaviours that are immature which can leave the impression that she does not take her job seriously and/or is inconsiderate of Dr. Herer's patients. Patients who have dealt with other busy doctors and their office staff no doubt compare and can clearly see the difference which may help explain some of the frustrations coming through in the comments already made.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Highly recommend Dr. Herer! She is very knowledgeable, has a lovely demeanour and makes you feel comfortable enough to ask any questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Amazing doctor!! And love her secretary very sweet and helpful!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2638901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

I Absolutely Love Dr.Herer and Her Secretary, they have been wonderful throughout my whole pregnancy. Both have been extremely pleasant and patient with me throughout every appointment, never had a problem her great secretary!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2634248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

The receptionist is truly HORRIBLE. She makes me question my confidence in Dr Herer, even though Dr. Herer has seen me through two wonderful pregnancies and one surgery. If I were to get pregnant again, I would switch doctors because of this secretary. She lacks professionalism, compassion, empathy and she always looks like a MESS. She's a terrible representation of Dr Herer.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2631547].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

Dr. Herer is not only an excellent doctor, but she is a warm, funny and compassionate human being. She delivered my baby via c-section and I couldn't ask for a better experience beginning to end of my pregnancy. I was in the hospital for 3 days and Dr. Herer came to visit me every day and made my recovery that much better. In regards to her receptionist, I had no issues with her and I've never heard her be rude to anyone. Overall, Dr. Herer and staff at Sunnybrook are fantastic!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2566845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

I saw Dr Herer for the first time and was very happy with my overall experience. Her receptionist was pleasant and professional with me. I found her to be engaging to the patients in the waiting room and one even brought her a gift! I'm very surprised by reading the comments below and am quite disgusted with the lack of intelligence. I think patients forget that receptionists work for the Doctor not the other way around and also you are not there to consult about your medical care with the front desk! Some people take things way too personal. That being said, I look forward to seeing them BOTH again.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2561292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

What is the point of being a great doctor if your patients can't get in to see you?! I agree with all the commenters here about Dr. Herer's receptionist - she is simply dreadful. She cancelled my appointment twice and kept me waiting six months to see the doctor. Then she never followed up to make the referral that Dr. Herer had prescribed. I am definitely switching doctors because of this incompetent receptionist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Dr. Herer is great but like many posts on here, her receptionist HAS TO GO!! she's the worst! She makes me not want to go in. I can't believe such a wonderful doctor would have such a terrible receptionist!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2548534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Dr. Herer has been my obgyn for nearly 10 Yeats and cared for me and both my daughters through both high risk pregnancies. Further, she delivered both girls as well. In my opinion she is very knowledgeable and has tons of experience, hence, why she is always busy and booked up. I don't mind waiting for appts because I wouldn't trust anyone else. She was a great motivator and visited me every day I was hospitalized and was always there no matter what. She made sure that I was well cared for and I never once felt like a patient in her care. Her warm bedside manner is something that can't be taught and you can tell she loves her job and patients. She respected all birth plan and helped get me through both birth experience a feeling good about myself. Thank you Dr. Herer!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2527507].votes_count ]]