Dr. Uma Belgaumkar

Rate Dr. Uma Belgaumkar

Dr. Uma Belgaumkar's Ratings

Her staff are very cold. Can't understand them both on the telephone. I actually prefer going to a walk in clinic rather than go to her office. Any pain = physio - guesses at the cause. You basically have to tell her what you want and she will sometimes do it. She doesn't really pay attention to what you say and it has become worse since they became "chartless". Having worked in the medical/dental field I don't trust her staff to follow up nor do I trust her to follow up either.

Submitted July 4, 2014 | flag

Dr Belgaumkar is always on time, listens well, and does her best to help. She does often seem to be in a hurry to get through the appointment, though, which I don't like, and is often saying her last words to me as she walks out the door. I also think she charges too much for extras that she can't bill for. A few years ago she offered patients access to a computer service that would tell us when we should be coming in for check-ups-- but only at a steep price! I thought that was part of the service that doctors provide. I know that the practice of medicine is changing but I do feel that Dr. Belgaumkar errs a bit too much on the side of charging for services. I have also found that she doesn't always remember my medical history at times when she needs to. I do feel that she does her best at her job.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2012 | flag

She was our family doctor for 7 years. Always found her to be cold, disinterested and extremely unhelpful. When we went to her because my daughter was suffering from shakes in the morning she said that there was nothing wrong. 1 year later we got a referral and she was diagnosed with epilepsy. In later appointments, Belguamkar forgot that my daughter even had epilepsy. On our last appointment she said that she didn't even know that I had children. Overall, very unhelpful, uncaring and a terrible doctor.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2012 | flag

I went a few times to this doctor several years back and always felt rushed. The initial paperwork instructed me to only bring one problem per visit. I went to see her years ago for a pregnancy test. I was instructed to wait for my results in the waiting room. One of the receptionists walked up to me and told me my result in the middle of the waiting room and that was the end of my appointment! I never went back. Can't recommend.

Submitted June 1, 2011 | flag

I've been seeing her for years, not because she's great but because she's "good enough." She appears uncaring at times although I'm not sure she really feels that way. She recently sent through a referral to a specialist where she misstated the problem because she didn't take the time to understand the problem when I told her about it. Her office tends to not call when promised. She has tried to help when I was in a serious situation and the system was causing problems. Overall, she's OK but I wouldn't trust her with serious issues. (But then, she's a GP. I don't really expect exceptional knowledge.)

Submitted April 19, 2011 | flag

Uma WAS my doctor for 3 years. I found her to be uncaring, lacks empathy and has little to no assessment skills. I am a RN who almost died d/t her negligence. I ended up in emergency surgery the very same day I was in her office, she didn't even do vital signs or order blood work on me. All she could say to me is "you're fine". I am now fine seeing a different doctor. Please find another doctor!

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag

I am no longer a patient but I always liked her and felt she treated me well while I was on her service. I saw her for a variety of things and while I was frustrated with serious back pain that went univestigated for a long time, no one with an MD was paying any attention at all so I can't just blame her. Once she found out how bad it really was she gave any tests, refferals or medication I needed and was always easy to talk to when I came in for refills, physicals or follow-ups. I did notice an decrease in the excellent service I used to get from her front office staff after someone had to move but I didn't blame her for that. I did feel that she did rush through visits a bit but I blame the provincial fee-per-visit billing structure for that. She was always supportive and professional with me - she wasn't perfect but she was pretty darn good and an ENORMOUS improvement on the walk-in-clinic Drs I had been trying to get help from before I found her.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2010 | flag

Beyond incompetent including the front desk. Belguamkar doesn't listen, doesn't appear to have a very solid knowledge base. I guess she passed the exams and start counting her money. Doesn't look after her patients "next". No follwo-up, little concern. Front desk, "oh I faxed it to the wrong number no wonder we left you hanging for 2 months." Victoria has many others to choose from, avoid Belguamkar if you plan on support for your health needs.

Submitted July 7, 2010 | flag

I've been a patient for six years. I didn't like the form they made me fill out at the beginning - basically promising not to pester them too much. It gave the impression the office thinks of patients as a burden. I've never found the staff too friendly and, in fact, find them stressed out and seemingly far too busy for their (or patients') own good. They look like they are always frazzled. Dr. Belgamkar has always been very accommodating to me. I've only gone in for pap tests once a year and she has good bedside manner. Can't comment on lateness.. she's only been late by 5-10 mins. I do worry abt bad reviews but wonder if the same person is giving the same rating over and over - seems similar wording used again and again. I only went to her once for something serious and she took it seriously and sent me to a specialist and ran tests (no prescriptions). She's never prescribed me anything, in fact. I quite like her.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2010 | flag

This is a great doctor. She is kind and understanding, and treats embarrassing issues with respect and dignity. I know how busy Drs in Victoria are, and that the system isn't perfect. But she makes the most out of my time slot with her, and will always see me again if I feel there's more to be done/said. She has also been very supportive of me when I have not liked the specialists I've seen. I think that some of the reviews on this page are negative due t the way the system functions, and not directly b/c of how Dr. Belgaumkar treats her patients.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2010 | flag