Rate Dr. Uma Belgaumkar

Dr. Uma Belgaumkar's Ratings

Unfortunately I have to agree with the less than satisfactory assessments here. I used to go to her but found that she was reluctant to send me for an mri that would have diagnosed a torn meniscus and tri-compartmental osteoarthritis. She also did not physically assess the knee. I knew something was wrong and asked to be referred to an arthritis specialist which also did not happen. Through a walk-in clinic I was referred to a specialist and after years of suffering with knee pain I was operated on and am now back to my 4-5 mile a day walk. It seems as if some doctors forget that listening and assessment skills are crucial. A hurried diagnosis (or lack of one) while walking out the door with laptop in hand is not my idea of medical "care". I received much better service from a clinic. Time to change how one approaches one's job...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

My family and I have been her patients for years, and she's always been professional, pleasant, empathetic and knowledgable. I have zero complaints against her. Her attentiveness and expertise saved my life. We were lucky to find her when she was in the early stages of building her practice, and I've recommended her to others, all of whom report the same level of satisfaction that has been a part of my relationship with her throughout all these years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I have had Dr. Uma Belgaumkar as my physician for nearly 10 years. While she has the basic skills to be a GP, I have found her to be always in a hurry and not listening carefully in order to make a thorough assessment and be empathetic to the patient's situation and experience. She seems reluctant to make specialist referrals until the pain and discomfort keeps getting worse. I really do believe, if she slows down, listens more and takes the time - she will can be a good GP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2520441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Her staff are very cold. Can't understand them both on the telephone. I actually prefer going to a walk in clinic rather than go to her office. Any pain = physio - guesses at the cause. You basically have to tell her what you want and she will sometimes do it. She doesn't really pay attention to what you say and it has become worse since they became "chartless". Having worked in the medical/dental field I don't trust her staff to follow up nor do I trust her to follow up either.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

Dr Belgaumkar is always on time, listens well, and does her best to help. She does often seem to be in a hurry to get through the appointment, though, which I don't like, and is often saying her last words to me as she walks out the door. I also think she charges too much for extras that she can't bill for. A few years ago she offered patients access to a computer service that would tell us when we should be coming in for check-ups-- but only at a steep price! I thought that was part of the service that doctors provide. I know that the practice of medicine is changing but I do feel that Dr. Belgaumkar errs a bit too much on the side of charging for services. I have also found that she doesn't always remember my medical history at times when she needs to. I do feel that she does her best at her job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2012

She was our family doctor for 7 years. Always found her to be cold, disinterested and extremely unhelpful. When we went to her because my daughter was suffering from shakes in the morning she said that there was nothing wrong. 1 year later we got a referral and she was diagnosed with epilepsy. In later appointments, Belguamkar forgot that my daughter even had epilepsy. On our last appointment she said that she didn't even know that I had children. Overall, very unhelpful, uncaring and a terrible doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2012

I went a few times to this doctor several years back and always felt rushed. The initial paperwork instructed me to only bring one problem per visit. I went to see her years ago for a pregnancy test. I was instructed to wait for my results in the waiting room. One of the receptionists walked up to me and told me my result in the middle of the waiting room and that was the end of my appointment! I never went back. Can't recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

I've been seeing her for years, not because she's great but because she's "good enough." She appears uncaring at times although I'm not sure she really feels that way. She recently sent through a referral to a specialist where she misstated the problem because she didn't take the time to understand the problem when I told her about it. Her office tends to not call when promised. She has tried to help when I was in a serious situation and the system was causing problems. Overall, she's OK but I wouldn't trust her with serious issues. (But then, she's a GP. I don't really expect exceptional knowledge.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Uma WAS my doctor for 3 years. I found her to be uncaring, lacks empathy and has little to no assessment skills. I am a RN who almost died d/t her negligence. I ended up in emergency surgery the very same day I was in her office, she didn't even do vital signs or order blood work on me. All she could say to me is "you're fine". I am now fine seeing a different doctor. Please find another doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2011

I am no longer a patient but I always liked her and felt she treated me well while I was on her service. I saw her for a variety of things and while I was frustrated with serious back pain that went univestigated for a long time, no one with an MD was paying any attention at all so I can't just blame her. Once she found out how bad it really was she gave any tests, refferals or medication I needed and was always easy to talk to when I came in for refills, physicals or follow-ups. I did notice an decrease in the excellent service I used to get from her front office staff after someone had to move but I didn't blame her for that. I did feel that she did rush through visits a bit but I blame the provincial fee-per-visit billing structure for that. She was always supportive and professional with me - she wasn't perfect but she was pretty darn good and an ENORMOUS improvement on the walk-in-clinic Drs I had been trying to get help from before I found her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1805715].votes_count ]]