Rate Dr. William Ehman

Dr. William Ehman's Ratings

Dr. Ehman has been my GP for years. He delivered my baby and was great throughout my whole pregnancy. Extremely helpful makes personal calls for results and check-up. Sometime's the wait is a little longer than normal, but that is because he cares for his patient's and takes the time to hear their concerns. (2nd down) as for Your alcohol level Lady, you shouldn't be drinking when your pregnant period and he was obviously worried about your baby unlike you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

The RUDEST reception i have ever experienced. Rude, with an attitude. I was shocked. I just moved to the island and had seen the dr. only once. My experience was so awful that today, 4 days before my due date I am going to collect my prenamtal documents and attempt to find a different doctor. I'm sure if he is your doctor and they knows you they would be nice. But if you are NEW... DO NOT expect a warm welcome... they treat you like a stranger... so tacky. SO upsetting especially since this move has been challenging at this stage of pregnancy already- I could have used a tad bit of kindness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I found him to be a terrible obgyn. At 24 weeks when - switched to him he was rude and demeaning when my boyfriend and I told him why we had opted out of genetic testing. I don't need a lecture on why you think it's good when we personally don't find it useful and it's way too late anyways. He then told me to limit my alcohol which I find irresponsible of a doctor when there's no known safe amounts during pregnancy. He continually pushed for extra tests that were not necessary and does not seem to understand the word no. My fundal height was right on track and yet he sent me for an ultrasound to check growth and then when we receieved the results said ultrasounds are usually wrong so what was the point then? He did not know the difference between folate and folic acid, is passive aggressive, and makes it out to be that you don't have a choice with testing and you're a bad mom for not doing it. On top of it all I wait over an hour to see him each appointment. Not impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1806151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2013

He truly cares about his patients well being. Very knowledgeable, and has great bedside manner. He personally calls you to check up on things. Great doctor to have if your ill!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1806150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2013

Fabulous Doctor! He delevired me as a baby and I continue to go to him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1806149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Best doctor EVER!!! He's so caring and helpful! He delivered my youngest and it was by far the better experience of the two births.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1806148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Have had Bill Ehman for our family Dr since 1981. He is a great Dr, if he doesn't know he sends you to someone who does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1806147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

he is amazing!!!!!!!!!! im so thankful i had him as my dr and when i have another baby i will move back to nanaimo just to have him as my doctor he is AMZING very knowledgeable and kind

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1806146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Excellent doctor! Very conscientious, if he doesnt know,(usually does), he will send yo to a specialist. Has a very good repitation amongst other health care provider in town many of whom use him as their GP too

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1806145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2010

The best thing about Dr. Ehman is that he tries to teach his patients to be their own advocates. He strongly encourages one to follow their intuition and if they don't agree with a diagnosis or are confused they need to seek out more information (through him or another doctor). One of the greatest things I've heard about Dr. Ehman was from another doctor in NRGH. The patient in the bed beside me was looking for a GP and the doctor suggested that she find out if Dr. Ehman was taking patients because he was a great local doctor. I've been fortunate to have him deliver three of my children and am currently seeing him for my fourth pregnancy. I hope he continues to practice medicine for many, many years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1806144].votes_count ]]