Rate Dr. Gena Marshall

Dr. Gena Marshall's Ratings

Normally I would only take the time to provide feedback on a Dr that was of the positive variety however, in the case of Dr Marshall I simply can not. I inherited her when my previous Doc (who was amazing) moved to Australia so I thought hey, let's give her a shot. From day one it has been a losing battle. She is rude, argumentative, condescending, dismissive and very confrontational. She is always at least 1 - 1 1/2 hours behind schedule and appears stressed, unkempt and flustered. In the 10 years I have had her as my GP I have never once left her office feeling good about our encounter. I generally avoid visits to her office by using walk-in clinics whenever possible. And to give you an idea of how her mind works, rather than soundproofing her office to allow for the required Dr patient confidentiality she plays a transistor radio, very loudly I might add, in the waiting area to prevent those waiting from hearing the conversations being had in her office - A band-aid solution. If you can avoid this Doctor, do so!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2014

In the past, I had taken time to rate the Drs I've had who deserved a positive review. I thought long and hard before writing something negative, but I hope you can find this useful and run away from this Dr if you ever encounter her.
I took my 18 m old sick daughter to her in a walk in clinic last week:
- She was late to come in,
-She was late by 1 hr 45 mins in seeing us
She was rude, no introduccion ( basic manners)
No eye contact
Interrupted us constantly
Rushed, seemed frustrated..really negative energy
FAILED TO SEE MY DAUGHTERS EAR INFECTION...which caused us to rush her to the IWK three days later and be put on ABs
As a result my daughter was very weak and lost appetite and weight and was misserable
FAILED TO PROPERLY TREAT HER PINK EYE...not wanting to prescribe the madicated drops and said she would be fine with OTC Polysporin drops.....even the pharmacist shook her head!!!.
She was loud and dismissive.
We were in shock and couldnt react to any of that MEDIOCRITY
Anyways.....I see there is a lot of negative comments, enough for someone to do something about it.
She should take a break...maybe consider another profession.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Marshall's for a few years now. I sometimes wonder if she is going through some sort of personal crisis. She seems disconnected, flustered and sometimes a little scary. She is always at least an hour behind. She can't keep office personnel and I wonder if she's very difficult to work for, because she always seems to blame her staff for poor record-keeping. If I could get a new family doctor, I would, but I'm stuck with her.
On a positive note, she has called me back on many occasions with new information if she comes across it. It has been a while, though, and I think those days are over. She has gone downhill. I feel really bad for her and I hope she gets her act together because I thought she was pretty great when I first started seeing her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2590369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I have never rated a doctor before, but I feel I have to. Initially, she was abrupt, later more personable. But like others have said: 1. I have found her rude, argumentative and dismissive (she filled out a form wrong and I had to leave work until she could fill out a new one) 2. attention to charting, not listening = inaccurate records 3. refusing to address more than 1 issue: she has refused to look at a skin condition for 5 months – it keeps getting worse 4. error in refilling a blood pressure RX, caught by the pharmacist But the last visit was IT - I was worried about gaining weight on a medication, she said that if I thought I would never gain weight on any medication, maybe I should see a psychiatrist, and she started to fill out the referral. See #1 and 2. After all this, I’m done.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2455192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Every time I've been to see Dr Marshall, I have had to wait LONG past my appointment time. The last time, my appointment was for 11:30, and I finally walked out at 12:40 - I never even got in to see her! Because of this, I find that appointments with her always feel 'rushed', because she's trying to catch up. I'm looking for a new doctor who respects his/her patients' time, and I wouldn't recommend Dr. Marshall.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1807066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr. Marshall is not very knowledgeable nor does she keep accurate records. My 18m old son went in with my husband to get his vaccinations and a flu shot in two separate visits to avoid too many needles in one visit. She incorrectly marked which ones she had given him and we were obligated to have them administered again. Very incompetent. Also...she would make you come back and waste your time if you had more than one item to be reviewed even if it was just a prescription refill on top of what you came in for. Very annoying considering she's paid each time but I'm not getting paid to miss work, wait each time and pay for parking downtown when she could have spent the additional 2 minutes to write it out. I am more knowledgeable than her in what treatment I required and she wasn't aware of some common conditions either. Very strange and no bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1807070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2012

This doctor shocked me with her inability to act professionally when I told her I also do holistic therapies. On one occasion the ear candling dripped and she threatened that if I insisted on doing these she refused to be my doctor anymore. She has rude manner and tone and she defies what we expect to see in new doctors.I am confused why she picked this profession as it does not jive with her personality.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1807069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Marshall's for more than 10 years. It does take time to develop a rapport with her but once you do she is extremely pleasant and interested in your health. The way I look at it is that if doctors address every concern a patient has, it results in the next patient waiting longer. I appreciate that I don't have to wait long before my appoinment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1807065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2011

I began seeing Dr. Marshall in 2002. Being in overall good health I probably have only seen her once a year for regular checkups. Over the last 2 years I have had to see her several times for a few issues, one being pneumonia. For the diagnosis, she did not send me for an xray, and she prescribed me outrageously expensive antibiotics(even with a drug plan) which absolutely did not work! My condition worstened. The pharmacist indicated it was not a usual presription for pneumonia. I went to get a second opinion 10 days later at a walk in clinic, and the doctor flat out told me the antibiotics she gave me were almost useless and at the wrong dosage! This was not the first time she had prescribed me medication that was not appropriate for the condition or situation. She is not personable, and does not take the time to review chart to find out why you might be there.Little to no eye contact, and leaves you feeling like your visit was an inconvenience and awaste of her time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

This doctor is not interested in the health of her patients. I find her unknowledgeable, discourteous and uncurious. She phones you in to review other doctor's test results, but then is unable to answer any questions and refers you back to the specialist. She is all about the money. Very disrespectful of my time. Unhelpful in resolving my medical issue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807067].votes_count ]]