Rate Dr. Gena Marshall

Dr. Gena Marshall's Ratings

I have never rated a doctor before, but I feel I have to. Initially, she was abrupt, later more personable. But like others have said: 1. I have found her rude, argumentative and dismissive (she filled out a form wrong and I had to leave work until she could fill out a new one) 2. attention to charting, not listening = inaccurate records 3. refusing to address more than 1 issue: she has refused to look at a skin condition for 5 months – it keeps getting worse 4. error in refilling a blood pressure RX, caught by the pharmacist But the last visit was IT - I was worried about gaining weight on a medication, she said that if I thought I would never gain weight on any medication, maybe I should see a psychiatrist, and she started to fill out the referral. See #1 and 2. After all this, I’m done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Every time I've been to see Dr Marshall, I have had to wait LONG past my appointment time. The last time, my appointment was for 11:30, and I finally walked out at 12:40 - I never even got in to see her! Because of this, I find that appointments with her always feel 'rushed', because she's trying to catch up. I'm looking for a new doctor who respects his/her patients' time, and I wouldn't recommend Dr. Marshall.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr. Marshall is not very knowledgeable nor does she keep accurate records. My 18m old son went in with my husband to get his vaccinations and a flu shot in two separate visits to avoid too many needles in one visit. She incorrectly marked which ones she had given him and we were obligated to have them administered again. Very incompetent. Also...she would make you come back and waste your time if you had more than one item to be reviewed even if it was just a prescription refill on top of what you came in for. Very annoying considering she's paid each time but I'm not getting paid to miss work, wait each time and pay for parking downtown when she could have spent the additional 2 minutes to write it out. I am more knowledgeable than her in what treatment I required and she wasn't aware of some common conditions either. Very strange and no bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2012

This doctor shocked me with her inability to act professionally when I told her I also do holistic therapies. On one occasion the ear candling dripped and she threatened that if I insisted on doing these she refused to be my doctor anymore. She has rude manner and tone and she defies what we expect to see in new doctors.I am confused why she picked this profession as it does not jive with her personality.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Marshall's for more than 10 years. It does take time to develop a rapport with her but once you do she is extremely pleasant and interested in your health. The way I look at it is that if doctors address every concern a patient has, it results in the next patient waiting longer. I appreciate that I don't have to wait long before my appoinment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2011

I began seeing Dr. Marshall in 2002. Being in overall good health I probably have only seen her once a year for regular checkups. Over the last 2 years I have had to see her several times for a few issues, one being pneumonia. For the diagnosis, she did not send me for an xray, and she prescribed me outrageously expensive antibiotics(even with a drug plan) which absolutely did not work! My condition worstened. The pharmacist indicated it was not a usual presription for pneumonia. I went to get a second opinion 10 days later at a walk in clinic, and the doctor flat out told me the antibiotics she gave me were almost useless and at the wrong dosage! This was not the first time she had prescribed me medication that was not appropriate for the condition or situation. She is not personable, and does not take the time to review chart to find out why you might be there.Little to no eye contact, and leaves you feeling like your visit was an inconvenience and awaste of her time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

This doctor is not interested in the health of her patients. I find her unknowledgeable, discourteous and uncurious. She phones you in to review other doctor's test results, but then is unable to answer any questions and refers you back to the specialist. She is all about the money. Very disrespectful of my time. Unhelpful in resolving my medical issue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Marshall for almost 10 years now. At first I was unsure of patient etiquette, but now I am very happy with her. She always takes the time to listen, and I always feel like I can ask her questions. She is quite knowledgable, but if there is something she doesn't know, she keeps an updated doctor's encyclopedia on her desk that she can refer to - which I appreciate, since some info seems to change quite often. I think a lot of people misunderstand her demeanor, but she really can be very nice, and she is very knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Marshall for a few years and always felt that she does not care about patient concerns. Rarely are appointments on time and I always feel rushed. Sometimes her manner is pleasant,others cold. Recently I scheduled an appointment for two specific issues (flu shot and physio referral for back pain). At the outset of the visit I asked about an additional issue which took less than 2 minutes to address. She then refused to address my physio referral! She was rude, argumentative and dismissive of my concerns. She implied I was a bother, stated that I had come to her with too many issues and was taking time away from her other patients and perhaps she was not the doctor for me. However, she didn't mind taking time away from patients when speaking with a Pharmaceutical rep for almost 5 min while I waited for my appontment - already 30 min late. She did address my physio referral - in total, my visit only took 11 minutes - not a long appointment! Not going back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2010

I’ve had 6 different Dr.’s in my life because I’ve relocated to different cities throughout my life. I have had about 8 visits with Dr. Marshall. She is the worst of any past Dr. She may have made it through med school but she should not to be a Dr. It is clear she does not enjoy helping people. As well her rushed visits tell you she's there for the money. More patients per day mean more dollars for her. Never have I had dr. offer so little help for my medical problem and rush me out so fast. There are good Dr.’s and bad Dr.’s, she is a bad one. Looking for a new Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1807062].votes_count ]]