Dr. Victor V. Cachia

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 24 reviews. Dr. Victor V. Cachia has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4787868

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.5  Respond
RID: 3611573
21/11/13 5 5 5 5 Amazing doctor and person! He is friendly, attentive, punctual, professional, and knowledgeable. I came in with a shattered 5th metatarsal and needed surgery. The staff worked with me and my insurance company very quickly and made me feel very comfortable. My foot feels great now and I am back at full strength. I would definitely recommend Dr. Cachia to everyone and I am so grateful he was recommended to me at the time of my initial injury.
RID: 3588316
28/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Cachia was the 2nd Dr. I saw for my particular foot problem. Wasted no time in ordering the tests needed for diagnosis and my eventual surgery went very well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Victor" to "Victor V."
RID: 2921406
19/10/13 5 4 5 5 I feel that DR.Cachia did a wonderful surgery on my Bunionectomy, he explain the procudure with diagrams and I understood them well, the incision on my foot healed so well you hardly could see it, with very little pain and discomfort, the guide lines he gave to me was very helpful for recovering of my foot,I will highly recommend Dr.Cachia's to everyone
RID: 2915659
16/10/13 5 4 5 5 Had painful bunions on my right foot removed in June 2013. He corrected previous surgery performed about 15 years ago by another doctor. I expected a lot of pain and some deformity this time. But dr. Cachia surprised me. Hardly any pain. felt pampered and well cared for. It was an overall pleasant experience. So I decided to have a bunion removed from my other foot. Now I have pretty feet and wear sandals to show them off. Only negative comments I have are the parking costs $3 and I had to wait over an hour for my appointment because he was running late one time. But the receptionist apologized and let us know. Offered us a bottle of water. Staff was always courteous and considerate.
RID: 2676362
11/06/13 5 4 5 5 I usually do not write reviews but I wanted to let people know what a great doctor Dr. Cachia is. He is one of the most caring doctors/people I have ever known. He genuinely cares for his patients and does his best to make sure that his patients know all their options. He takes his time, answers your questions in detail and never makes you feel rushed. It is never fun to break a foot but Dr. Cachia made my "broken foot experience" as pleasant as it could possibly be. He even comforted me when I burst into tears a couple of times :). And, his WHOLE staff is the BEST you can find! They are all so wonderful. Dr. Cachia and his staff are the people you want to see if you have a foot/ankle problem. That is, if you want the best possible care!
RID: 2608036
04/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Cachia is the best foot surgeon one could ask for. He completely recontructed my foot. I was on a scooter for 3 months and then a walker. Dr. Cachia was supervising my progress every bit along the way. His skills are unbelievable and I'm now walking beautifully. There was never any substantial pain involved even though I had 2 pins in my heel, stretched tendons, a complete arch reconstruction, and 4 bones fused with 6 permanent screws. I put off this operation for longer than I should have as so much had to be done. In retrospect, I can't thank Dr cachia enough. Because of his expertise, I'm enjoying life on both feet which hasn't been possible for the past 10 years. Barb Thompson San Clemente, CA
RID: 2560829

15/02/13 2 2 1 1 I took my son there and the doctor spent 1 minute looking at his foot and suggested we buy an expensive insert to see if it helps. He was in our room for 10 minutes but was mostly interested in chatting! After paying for his visit and the insert, my son's foot got worse. I called him and he said to bring him back for EXAM. I asked why didn't you give him an exam that first day and that I can't afford another visit and he said he doesn't run a free clinic. Bottom line, he wants me to go there and keep paying office visit! I am highly disappointed with the low amount of care I received at his office.
Paid (or co-pay): $95
RID: 2555361
09/02/13 5 5 5 5 I first saw Dr. Cachia about 2 years ago for chronic bilateral plantar fasciitis. I had seen several doctors prior to him and NONE of them were as compassionate nor as knowledgable. I tried all conservative methods within the past two years, but unfortunatly, I'm one of the few who needed surgery. He performed a calcaneal osteotomy/partial plantar fasciotomy a couple weeks ago. So far I'm doing beautifully. Very little swelling/pain. His staff is also amazing and I never wait longer than 15 minutes to see him. This doctor would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. I would give him 10 stars if I could!  Respond
RID: 2438387
03/10/12 5 5 5 5 Since December 2011, I have experienced foot problems. In a visit to Dr. Cachia, he concluded that I had a fractured fibula on the right foot due to a ripped tendon and collapse heal on the left foot. So in May 2012, Dr. Cachia performed surgery on a ripped surgery on a ripped tendon, collapsed heal and a deformed bunion on my left foot. Today, October 3, 2012, the injuries on both feet are my past. Dr. Cachia's professional care for both feet was above and beyond standard. His office staff provided efficient information and support, during every visit as well as follow-up calls after the surgery. Even more, I was able to contact Dr. Cachia on his own phone on the weekends, which came in handy when my foot swelled into my new cast. Dr. Cachia opened his office doors on a Saturday to take it off. Dr. Cachia's professionalism, his sincere care, as well as his staff, helped me recover from the most severe injuries I have ever experienced.  Respond
RID: 2431573
23/09/12 5 5 5 5 I have had two surgeries with Dr. Cachia one on each ankle. They were difficult procedures and the recoveries were also tough. I am now back to exercising something I never thought would happen.Dr.Cachia and his staff supported me every step of the way!I recieved stong feedback from other physicians about his skill level and I am so glad I chose him to do my surgeries. I found him to be very skilled and knowledgeable, and above all very caring. I have recommended him and do so with great confidence.
RID: 2427816
18/09/12 5 5 5 5 I was misdiagnosed by another Doctor, went through months of pain until I found Dr. Cachia and his amazing staff! Dr. Cachia knew exactly what I needed, he was VERY thorough and got right on things to get me into surgery in a timely manner...all while dealing with WC, which is not as easy as it would seem (I said...amazing staff!!!)I feel, for the first time in almost a year since my fall...that there is a light at the end of the tunnel - THANKS to Dr. Cachia!!! We now consider him our family Doctor, my husband and son are also seeing him. I would wholeheartedly recommend his practice!
Insurance: Workers Comp
Respond

16/09/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2367567

15/07/12 3 1 1 1
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 2367075

14/07/12 4 1 1 1 I had an apointment and waited for 2 hours before the Dr came to see me. Once in the room he sent me to xray and I had to wait another hour before I saw him again. Dr gave me a brace and I was extremely dissatisfied with the service and his non-chalant demeanor.I had previously been to this Dr. and shame on me for going back. My first injury the Dr. sent me to physical therapy and the results was disaster! I do not recommend this Dr. to anyone. Unfortunately I did send a friend to him and she thought he was incompetent. My friend went to another physician and explained Cachia's recommendation for treatment and the Dr. was aghast. I have learned my lesson I shall start reading the previews of patients prior to booking an appointment!
See Responses

01/09/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1316770
17/12/10 5 5 5 5 Both my kids have seen Dr. Cachia, we have known him for a long time. Always paitient and caring with each of them. We value his professional opinion.
RID: 1263364
01/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Cachia is a great surgeon, physician and person. I went to him after I broke by ankle and he performed the surgery. He is really concerned about his patients and listens to them. The staff is very nice and pleasant to deal with. I highly recommend this his facility for any of your foot and/or ankle needs.
RID: 1252044

16/09/10 1 4 1 3 I was interrupted twice by the office staff, while the doctor was explaining my condition. This was behind closed doors. The interruption was to tell him other patients were in the rooms. This was my first visit and I was trying to find out about surgery options. Not the office I want to go to or would refer people to go to.  See Responses
RID: 1165052
07/05/10 5 5 5 5 This doctor is the best he is amazing!!!!!!!! He helped me so much I can walk with no pain now thanks to him!  Respond
RID: 1116177
26/02/10 5 5 5 5 The successful, effective, and positive outcome of my foot surgery as well as post-op followups merit recognition, appreciation, and dissemination. Dr Cachia's professionalism, caring attitude, and remarkable surgical skill place him at the top of my reference and preference list for any foot/ankle problems. I'm forever grateful. Sincerely, J. Stover, Laguna Hills.
RID: 756850
06/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Cachia is AMAZING! I had foot surgeries done by a previous local doctor who not only screwed up my surgeries, but both of my feet looked horrible. Dr. Cachia performed the re constructive surgery and my foot doesn't even look the same. He is truly amazing. His staff are excellent and they are always willing to help.  Respond
RID: 660869
09/08/08 5 4 5 5 Dr.Cachia is great! He spent the most time with me then any doctor I went to, paid attention to every detail of my problem, asked me all the right questions, examined my ankle and foot thoroughly.He does not rush into surgery and wants to try everything before the surgery which is of a great value to me.  Respond
RID: 578900
29/04/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Cachia is simply the best! Takes his time to get things right. I'm walking because of his talents!
RID: 507737
08/02/08 5 3 5 5 Busy office. I waited a bit, but the doctor was attentive, knowledgable and thorough. I would recommend to family and friends. Returned my call and answered my questions. Gave me a quality referral for an unrelated problem.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 66064
07/12/06 4 5 5 AWESOME DOCTOR, VERY KNOWLEDGABLE AND TRIES CONCERVATIVE TREATMENT BEFORE ANY SURGERY.IT WORKED FOR ME! MY FEET DON'T HURT !
* - Rating left by a registered user