You may also like

Rate Dr. Scott H. Schecter

Dr. Scott H. Schecter's Ratings

I went to see Dr. Schecter as my last resort. My daughter's been to many dermatologist's and ophthalmologist's without any resolution to her problem. My primary care doctor told me to go and see Dr. Schecter. He's one of the best diagnosticians she ever worked with. Dr. Schecter was truly amazing. He was kind and sympathetic to my daughters needs. He sat down with us for a awhile and answered all of our questions. We never felt rushed. After her initial visit with Dr. Schecter he felt her skin condition was secondary to herpes. He contacted her pediatrician to discuss her problem. I am happy to report 2 years later she is doing remarkably well. I thank Dr. Schecter and his staff. He is truly a blessing. He is the best eye doctor I have ever met hands down!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I was visiting from out of town and went to see the eye doctor on a whim. I've been having problems with my vision. I thought all I needed were some reading glasses. At the conclusion of my exam, Dr. Schecter went over his findings with me and my mother. He recommended I undergo an MRI to rule out possible causes associated with his findings. A few days later, I went to see Dr. Schecter to go over my MRI results. The MRI was consistent with Multiple Sclerosis. He recommended I see a neurologist who was experienced in treating pt's with MS. I'm a young active person and hearing that I had MS brought me to tears. Dr. Schecter was amazing through out this whole ordeal. The neurologist said, I should be greatful I went to see him. My conditon is in it's early stages. I'm going tell all of my friends and family about Dr. Schecter. He's one of the smartest and most compassionate doctors I have ever met..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2706913].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

Dr. Schecter gave me one of the most thorough eye exams I have ever experienced. I saw Dr. Schecter as an emergency. I've been to two ophthalmologist for the same problem. I suffer from red eyes and they both told me it was allergies. Being frustrated, my friend told me to see Dr. Schecter. He said, if anyone can figure it out, it would be Dr. Schecter. Af the conclusion of the exam, Dr. Schecter felt my problem was not allergy related, but could be related to inflammation. He had me go and see my Primary Care doctor for a bunch of blood test. The tests revealed I had gout. I can't believe I was being treated for allergies. I can't say enough about about Dr. Schecter. He's the only doctor going forward that I will trust with my eyes. I gave him a 5 star rating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2660130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

There aren't enough words I could say about Dr. Schecter. My vision's been declining for the past couple of years. I've been too many specialist and nobody could figure out why my eyesight was changing. My heart doctor recommended I go and see Dr. Schecter for a second opinion. At the conclusion of my eye exam, Dr. Schecter personally contacted my heart doctor to discuss my problem. Dr. Schecter recommended a series of test to determine if my heart or blood pressure could be the reason why my vision was getting worst. The tests revealed that my blood pressure was to low while sleeping. My heart doctor changed my medication and I am happy to report I'm doing much better. I recently saw Dr. Schecter for my six month check- up and I'm stable. Dr. Schecter changed my life and I will always be grateful to him for saving my eyesight.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

This only person I trust with my vision is Dr. Schecter. He is very knowledgable and professional at every level. It is obvious from the moment he starts his examination that he takes great pride in what he does and always puts the patients needs first. I felt extremely comfortable and in great hands under his care. I recommend Dr. Schecter to anyone and he will always be my first choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Dr. Schecter's the most compassionate and knowledgeable doctor you'll ever come across. I went to see my optometrist and she referred me to him for a second opinion. My eye was red, sensitive to light with blurry vision. I had herpes in my eye. After hearing the word herpes, I was very upset, but after Dr. Schecter's explanation, I felt more at ease. He took his time and answered all of my questions. I never felt rushed. I could tell I was seeing a top notch doctor by the articles he has published and how beautiful his office looked. It looks more like a high end spa, which you would only see in magazines or on TV. He saved my sight and I will always be thankful. I will recommend Dr. Schecter and his staff to all of my friends and family. You won't be disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2397688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Who would of thought a normal eye exam could detect a brain tumor. I went to see Dr. Schecter for an eye exam. He wasn't happy with my vision and after a lengthy explanation wanted to perform some other tests. At the conclusion of his exam, he wanted me to get an MRI. He personally called the MRI center and advised them what type of MRI test he wanted. Dr. Schecter personally sat down with me and explained the results a couple of days later. I had a small brain tumor. Dr. Schecter sat down with me for a long time and answered all of my questions. 8 months later I'm doing well. If it wasn't for Dr. Schecter, I would have lost my vision. I will shout from the roof tops recommending Dr. Schecter to my friends and family. He's the most amazing doctor I've ever seen. His empathy and compassion towards his patients is one of a kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2397687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Schecter by my doctor. I had black spots floating in my vision and my doctor was concerned, I may have a retinal detachment. At the end of his examination, he told me I had plaque in the back of my eye, that was unrelated to the black spots. He personally contacted my heart doctor to make sure all the appropriate test were ordered. My heart doctor told me if it wasn't for Dr. Schecter, I could have had a stroke. I will refer all of my friends and family to Dr. Schecter because he saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2397686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

Dr. Schecter is truly amazing. I was referred by my optometrist to see Dr. Schecter for a serious eye problem. I was really scared. Dr. Schecter took the time to explain my problem. He was really easy to talk to. He Show a lot of compassion and patience which is hard to find these days. I had a corneal ulcer from over wearing my contact lenses. Dr. Schecter and his staff were a blessing and I recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][629792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

Dr. Schecter is by far the most knowledgeable physician, I have ever encountered. He explains everything in detail, he is caring and easy to work with. You will be well pleased with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][629791].votes_count ]]