Rate Dr. Steven Morris

Dr. Steven Morris's Ratings

I thought Dr. Morris was an amazing doctor and I wouldn't have picked a better doctor for my breast reduction. He was very straight forward and his confidence made me feel at ease. I really don't get any of the bad reviews because he was nothing but wonderful with me!!

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

I've seen this condescending man twice. He's rude, builds your hopes up then crushes them, and all around needs a good slap upside the head! I went to him because I have had pain in mt DOMINATE hand for 5+ years, and my family Dr finally decided to do something for me. Well firstly I waited over an hour to see him (and not even him at first, it was his Fellow!). He moves my hand around a bit to see if I would react to the pain I was in, but I didn't I had a headache that was distracting me from anything else. So he said "Oh well it is LIKELY just tendinitis and all you need to do is ice is and take anti-inflammatories for the pain" I looked at him like the idiot he is, and told him that I'd done that, and over the past 5 years it DIDN'T work. He then asked me what irritated my injury, when I said it was my job, he asked me if I wanted to give it up, and I told him no cause I had bills to pay! He didn't even seem to care about that! Never, and I mean EVER am I going back!!

Submitted July 16, 2013 | flag

Pleasant friendly knowledgeable Doctor. I did wait each time a while pre and post op but he was professional, compassionate and the results (I am now six months post surgery) are pretty much exactly as he described would be the case. He perhaps could be considered curt, but I saw it as appropriate considering his case load

Submitted June 21, 2013 | flag

Prior to my breast reduction/lift surgery, I decided to educate myself a bit on the procedure and talked to several of my friends who are doctors. I discovered a general consensus that Dr. Morris was admired as a gifted plastic surgeon. Doctors described him as a perfectionist... just the word I wanted to hear. One doctor clapped with glee and lectured me on my luck. As a lawyer, these reverent descriptions of his talent by his peers eased my surgical fears. Comments regarding how he makes his patient feel are subjective and irrelevant. I want a surgeon not a shrink. Dr. Morris was pleasant, informative and reassuring. While discussing my surgical expectations, I was impressed by his kindness, compassion and genuine desire to ensure patient satisfaction. When I first saw my new breasts, I gazed in awe at my stunning transformation. The results are spectacular. Breathtaking. The goddess Aphrodite must envy me. Dr. Morris is a creative surgical genius. I look like a movie star!

Submitted June 16, 2013 | flag

I found Dr Morris rude and unprofessional. I waited for 3 hours in his waiting room to see him for 5 minutes. He told me that "A lot of people have it a lot worse" and they don't do anything for them either... (did I mention I had cancer?!?!?) this doesn't it right for me or for them. I have now been referred to another surgeon, outside of Halifax. I'd rather drive a longer distance than deal with Dr Morris.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2012 | flag

I have just read through the comments, and can only assume that those who are voicing negative comments must have been looking for miracles and he honestly told them what the real expectations would be. I am not at my optimum weight & he was very kind in explaining why weight should be at an optimum, for my own health among other things. As for waiting time? he has always been punctual and never made me feel rushed and in fact made me feel very comfortable with contacting him at anytime if I had any questions. I echo the sentiments that we are extremely fortunate to have a surgeon of his quality and experience remaining here in Halifax. Especially in light of the additional work and stress that he was left with when former colleagues of his did up and leave for more financially lucrative areas of the globe.

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag

Excellent Dr., Fabulous bedside manner, and his work was excellent. I would, and have, recommend him to a close friend for any work they need done. He was always very helpful to me and I did go back for a second consult though decided against the second surgery, he gave me every consideration and was supportive throughout the process.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2011 | flag

After almost two hours of waiting, Dr. Morris rushed me through my appointment, answering my questions with rudeness and abruptness. He did not have my file with him and refused to call to get it because "it would take too long" and he was already behind. He recommended a treatment I repeatedly told him previously hadn't worked (that's why I was there) but prescribed it anyway. I was shocked at how rude, impersonal, arrogant, and quite simply a jerk Dr. Morris is.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2011 | flag

Rude and abrupt...has no time for you...treats you like a number instead of a person...makes you feel stupid when you ask a question. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Submitted May 10, 2011 | flag

Amazing!!! He has never been rude to me in any of my visits, I am not sure why people would say he is rude. Talking to Dr. Morris is like talking to your neighbor. That being said if you are looking for someone to hold your hand he is not the one, but he is always friendly and easy to talk to.

Submitted March 17, 2011 | flag