Rate Dr. Robert Gunn

Dr. Robert Gunn's Ratings

I've been going to see Dr Gunn for nearly 7 years. He has been my sister's GP for 20+ years, even when my parents visit from out of town if they need to see a doctor he graciously sees them as patients as well. He always goes above and beyond..he is one of the ONLY doctors I know of who will make house calls in an emergency or sometimes just to deliver medication if the patient can't get in to see him during office hours for a follow up or due to illness. He knows my entire family and our medical history and I have great respect for his knowledge and experience. I know the day will come, but truly I hope he never retires as I will miss him terribly. Can't even imagine; nor do I want to, having another family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Best doctor around. Really knows his patients personally and tends to their needs efficiently and professionally. 32 years ago he delivered me and I would not trade him as my doctor for the world. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Very friendly, easy to talk to, personable doctor. Unfortunately, was transferred to Matthew Target upon his arrival from PEI instead. Now am searching for general doctor who cares & listens like Dr. Gunn

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1812888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

I have never had Dr Gunn as a Doctor,but through my work with the VON,He is one of the best and anyone that does have him for a Dr is very lucky

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1812887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2010

Dr. Gunn has been our doctor for many years. My children and I would not change doctors for the world. He is very perceptive and sensitive to our medical needs. We have confidence being under his care. If any of us need a specialist, he is right there to refer us to one. He has has a very nice bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1812886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

I love him. You can't even imagine how much - I'm extremely lucky to still have him as my GP. He makes me laugh every time I'm in there, and concludes every visit with a free sucker. You can't get much more awesome than that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1812885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

Not afraid to admit he doesn't know and send you to someone who does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1812884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2007

Dr. Gunn has been my physician for 20+ years, always an ear to listen, always a shoudler to cry on. My sons always feel like your door is open and I thank you for that, One of a kind. Love you. You are irreplacible. I hope you work until you're 95. Hey that is only 2 more years, lol/ Got one on you. Fantastic person. xoxox

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1812883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2007

I have known Dr. Gunn since he arrived in Kentville and set up practice there. My family has been priviledged to call him our doctor. I also worked with him for ten years and have found him to be the most honest, caring, humourous, humble, knowledgeable, dedicated doctor and employer anyone could know. He is devoted to his family and patients, puts a patient at ease immediately and has a wonderful mannerism that is nonjudgemental or threatening He has no ego, will go the extra mile for his patients and will not hesitate to refer his patients to specialists, when needed. When he retires, the health system will lose a very valuable and caring physican and one whose standards are above reproach. His dedication to his patients is outstanding and his work ethics indisputable. He will be sorely missed! There is only one Dr. Robert Gunn!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1812882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2007

Rob is/has been our Dr since he came to Kentville . Always gives excellent care and advice, He gives excellent teaching to the Dal Medical students he is mentoring .He even makes house calls .He is a Pictonian.and proud of his Scotch heritage from Caithness,Scotland( dig the kilts!!) We will miss you Rob but wish your a great retirememnt with Sue and those special grandkids You deserve the best for you always gave the Best !!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1812881].votes_count ]]