Rate Dr. Isabel OTERO ECHANDI

Dr. Isabel OTERO ECHANDI's Ratings

Dr. Otero is a very experienced physician. If she were to ever make any decision, it would be an informed decision and for a good purpose. There are complaints about the wait time in this office; however, an OB/GYN is on call and often travels back and forth from the hospital to care for all patients. Add to that a doctor that may have delivered a baby the night before and had to answer 5 worrysome phone calls from other patients. This is not an easy specialty and Dr. Otero does a great job. She cares for each patient in a personal way during such a life moment. Since the poor reviews that others wrote a few years back, she has a new staff and an excellent OB coordinator that you get to know quite well. I would add that she delivered my first child in 2008 and I thought she was excellent then. If you want a doctor with decades of experience then Dr. Otero is a great choice.

Submitted July 16, 2014 | flag

I called as a new patient to Dr.Otero's office. I was asked by the receptionist who answered the phone how much I weighed, when I told the lady that I wasn't sure what my weight was but I thought maybe around 280 pounds. The lady on the phone then said, "Oh My god..hold on." I was then put on hold. Next, another last answered and told me that I was not able to make an appointment with Dr. Otero because she doesn't accept patients over 250 pounds. I was so insulted by this staff and this doctors policy. I am in the process of pursuing a discrimination lawsuit. I was treated horribly by this doctors staff and all because I might weigh over 250 pounds. I am appalled and insulted beyond belief. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone..regardless of their weight. This woman does not deserve to call herself a doctor.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2014 | flag

I don't have a problem with Dr. Otero, I think she's a good doctor. I have a problem with her staff. The rudest people I have ever encountered anywhere. That's why I switched doctors, only because I never felt welcome in her office (Cleary Ave), I felt as if I was bothering them or something, like they were doing me a favor. My new doctor retired recently, so I call Dr. Otero's office again to schedule an appointment, believe me, I thought about it a lot, I decided to give it a second try, they refused to give me an appointment. I have never in my life experience something like this. In a way I'm glad it happened, it just reconfirmed that the best think I can do is move on and find someone else.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2013 | flag

This is my first time with the doctor, everything was great no problems. Thank you Dr,Isabel Otero.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2013 | flag

I do not agree with all of the comments below, I think it is a bit ignorant to comment on something basing it soley on office visits to the dr, I have been with Dr. Otero for 3 years now an she deliviered my first and only baby, thanks to her my baby is here and healthy after a minor scare, will I recommend her yes, did I at times had the same problem of punctualaty yes, so what you sometimes waut longer for good things in life right? so my reccomendation is yes she is a great Dr. I do recommend her, am I telling anyone here to go or not absolutly not, we are all adults and are capabe of making our own decisions, and if we go to a Dr. is because we obviously arent so dont try to think you know better, Good luck to all that are with her, you and your baby are in good hands :-)

Submitted May 14, 2013 | flag

Terrible customer service. If I could I would give was a patient there for over 4 years and kick myself for having stayed so long.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2012 | flag

My appointment was set for 1pm this afternoon, I am now leaving the office at 3:15pm the girl in the office informed me at 2pm an hour after waiting that Dr. Otero was leaving her house... This must be the reason they request the copayment the moment you walkin so you dont just walk out. Dosent know proper termonology for things that even I know. Wouldnt reccomend this dr. to a woman in need of a pap let alone planning for child birth.. terrible

Submitted Aug. 9, 2011 | flag

They called you 2 months after your mammogram and ultrasound to tell you that you need to go to an specialist because you have a cyst everything after you recieved at home the results from the hospital and they said everything is fine what should I do?? is it business or what??? I have had 2 cyst since I was 19, Im 49 now.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2010 | flag

Made an appointment to meet this doctor while looking for an OB. After waiting 30 minutes to see her, I asked the receptionist who sheepishly admitted that she was still at home on leaving now to come to work.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2010 | flag

Went there for the first 2 months of my 2nd. pregnancy and had nothing but problems. The doctor did an ultrasound my first visit and the nurse did not type my name, date and so on in the ultrasound machine, so when the doctor was doing the vaginal ultrasound she realized and starting typing and asking me a million questions as the thing was still inside of me. Finally after I said can you take that out until your actually ready to do the ultrasound, then she started the ultrasound. When I had my blood taken the nurse was sneezing, coughing, wiping her nose, and didn't bother to change her gloves or wash her hands when touching the needles. Had an appointment that was canceled and rescheduled and when I showed up to the office for my new appointment they tell me "Oh sorry we were just about to call you your appointment has been canceled again" I was only 5 minutes early. I think they should have called earlier so I didn't drive out there for nothing.

Submitted March 24, 2009 | flag