Rate Dr. James Swanney

Dr. James Swanney's Ratings

Submitted Nov. 9, 2013 | flag

Was a kind man that once we talked understood me and my troubles, and the best way to deal with them and no it didnt include the use of opiates or any other pills I am having a hard time replacing him now that hes retired but wish him the best

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

Seems to enjoy getting kick backs from the pharmaceutical companies. Need pills? see this guy....

Submitted April 28, 2011 | flag

Was our family doctor for over twenty years who displayed courage where his peers seldom dared to venture. As our health advocate he managed to get our family access to the patient care when we needed it and often went way beyond the call of duty. Like all of us, Jim made mistakes, but he readily admitted to those mistakes. He stepped up into the dirty areas of health care when many in his profession would not. Jim's greatest weakness was that he cared and trusted too much. For those who did not keep the faith, shame on you. It is great to see he has come back to practice, healthcare more than ever need Physicians as unselfish, caring and compassionate as Jim. His fall from grace is our loss.

Submitted March 7, 2011 | flag

FITNESS TO PRACTISE PANEL 4 JUNE 2010 7th Floor, St James’s Buildings, 79 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6FQ In this case Dr Swanney has failed to provide any evidence of remediation and has failed to engage or cooperate with the GMC for a substantial period of time. The Panel is of the view that Dr Swanney has shown a complete lack of insight into the serious failings identified by the 2007 Panel.In this case Dr Swanney has failed to provide any evidence of remediation and has failed to engage or cooperate with the GMC for a substantial period of time. The Panel is of the view that Dr Swanney has shown a complete lack of insight into the serious failings identified by the 2007 Panel.

Submitted March 1, 2011 | flag

I have known Dr. Swanney for 24 years. He is a wonderful, caring man but his age is showing. He is forgetful and sometimes confused. As a result I have lost faith in him as a Dr. and I am looking elsewhere. To aggravate the problem, his current support staff are not helpful, considerate or caring. Thus problems take considerably longer to resolve.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2010 | flag

A wonderful and caring doctor and a personable and kind hearted person. A pleasant experience is every visit and so good to know he is back and in Mission BC again, practising medicine, his only love in life... besides his family... if I didn't live so far from there I'd be back in his office again! He beats every doctor I've had since and I will never match him I know... maybe one day everyone will see what I saw in this doctor. I can only hope.

Submitted June 10, 2010 | flag

I am so glad he is back , I will drive from Hope, B.C. for him . He was my Dr. for 20 years and always treated me with respect and he listened to me , did not treat me as a nut case like others have . Claudia Freeman Hope , B.C.

Submitted March 31, 2010 | flag

Dr. Swanney was my family's physcian from the time he arrived until he left Abbotsford. He saved my wife's life and delivered two of our children. I have never found the quality of care that he gave, since he orignally left. His fault, he cares too much.

Submitted March 26, 2010 | flag

We changed to an Abbotsford doctor for convenience,but had him as our family doctor from when he came to canada years ago and found him to be an excellent doctor. Keep up the good work. He was only trying to help addicts when nobody wanted to help them because the outcome is not rewarding as a rule as we see it.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2009 | flag