Dr. Nicole St. Amour

Rate Dr. Nicole St. Amour

Dr. Nicole St. Amour's Ratings

I am very fond of Dr. St. Amour. I initially only visited the doctor for my yearly checkups and she was always kind and thorough. Recently I became very ill, almost dying. Dr. St. Amour believed what I was stating although the specialist did not and believed I had anorexia. She continued running tests and completing referrals until I was finally diagnosed and received emergency surgery in London. It was Dr. St. Amour's persistence and belief in my credibility that eventually brought a diagnosis and surgery in London. Had i been fluffed off as was the case with the initial specialist, I would have died. She and her staff have always been patient and kind and I would not have any reservation in referring her to others. I have never been treated rudely or my concerns not taken seriously. I do believe that people treat us with dignity and respect if that is what is shown to them.

Submitted July 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. St Amour is effective when dealing with minor ailments. When she is approached with more challenging medical problems she seems overwhelmed. She is prone to lecture rather than listen, and so collaborative diagnosis and treatment efforts involving patient input seem irrelevant to her. In short, she seems threatened when asked how she arrives at particular diagnoses. Her assistant/secretary, Heather, is obnoxious towards patients, posting admonitions to patients on how to avoid irritating her while they wait for their respective appointments; she appears to miss the point of her job. Booking appointments in advance or when you are ill and truly need assistance is extremely difficult. This is evidenced by the patient clinics Dr. St. Amour holds on a weekly basis, where patients are not permitted to make appointments and must, instead, wait in line to see her. This appears to be the result of heightened patient demand, a consequence of her 4 day work week.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor. Professional, friendly and very well informed with up to date health info. Amazing how much she knows about people and their ailments. She is also a great person and I feel very lucky to have her as my personal physician.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2011 | flag

The very best Dr. I have ever had. She understands, takes time and is very knowledgeable, even about little known conditions. What a gem! Sorry the same cannot be said about her receptionist who could use some training in manners & human relations.

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag

After moving to Windsor area it took me about 8 months to find a family doctor. I was told to call Dr. St Amour and I am so glad I did. I have never seen her in a bad mood and she always has time for her patients. I have never felt rushed in her office and she is a very compassionate person. I feel like I get very good care at this office and if the doctor deems necessary she does not hesitate to refer to other doctors. The only problem that I have encountered is that it is very hard to get through on the phone. Perhaps two phone lines would be helpful as well as another office person to take calls whether the doctor is in the office or not

Submitted March 25, 2011 | flag

I have been with DR Nicole as I see her for over 6 years now. Probably one of her first patients way back on Walker Road. At the time I became her patient was the time I met the most amazing Dr who probably saved my life as well as my trust in humanity. Everyone has bad days and good days. Never saw her have a bad day with me yet. She gets an A plus from me and my husband. Totally EXCELLENT DR.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2009 | flag

Dr St Amour is fabulous. My daughter & I are truly blessed to have her as our family physician. Her secretary, Heather lacks professionalism, basic manners and general capabilities with how to manage an office.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2009 | flag

I have alot of respect and trust for Dr St.Amour. She is a fantastic doctor that other doctors should follow her ideals and practices. Her staff on the other hand could use a lesson in common respect and kindness.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2009 | flag

Dr.St.Amour-as my Dr.for 5+ years.She was great but told her symptoms of swollen ankles & always having 2 pea.Was told it was because of obsity & of bladder constantly being pushed like a pregnant women.Given metformin.Told her was getting sores on feet. She told me it was moisture & gave me script that wasn't covered by plan. My pharmasit called her for generic brand & she said no,I had to live with this. Also, I went 4-5 months with me calling her and leaving mesgs w/ voice mail that wasn't set up only to find out that she was on pregancy leave.You would think she would have had something set up more professionaly to let her patients know.I was not informed by mail/phone of leave.Phylicia her sec was leaving and Heather took over. My opinion Heather not too bright with informing patients/bed side not good.Good for U with your triplet placenta Dr. St Amour-knowing my husband will be blind soon waiting for stem cell transplant. I have type 2 diabetes-for 3 yrs now. You didn't help me.

Submitted March 28, 2009 | flag

She is patient , kind, compassionate....she makes you feel very at ease and that you are her most important patient at that moment.One of the very 1st things that she said that impressed me was that..."I don't treat diseases - I treat people" Great doctor!!!!!

Submitted Aug. 30, 2008 | flag