You may also like

Rate Dr. Albert Yuzpe

Dr. Albert Yuzpe's Ratings

Lacks empathy. Very business like. Wants to tell you facts and figures and sign you up. The clinic as a whole was completely disorganized. Lab results and treatment plans lost. Nurses would would me and ask for copies of mine because they couldn't find theirs?! Depending on the day and the nurse you'd get different directions regarding treatment. When we got a chance to talk to Dr. Yuzpe on the phone to express these concerns he got defensive, quoted stats about the Clinics reputation, made excuses and dismissed our concerns. When I was able to refocus him to discuss ways in which to rebuild trust and move forward we came up with needing to meet more often. I called the next day to make an apt. they told he was booked up for three months. This was right in the middle of our IVF cycle!!! Note that he doesn't actually do any of your procedures unless it's a day he's on call. Nothing scheduled. So unless you have appointments with him you'll never see him. His nurses answer your questions but I suspect they don't communicate well with him or each other because their responses are inconsistent. Dr. Hitkari did most of our procedures and is a very caring and compassionate professional. Ask for him if your going to use this clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2782506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Absolutely horrible doctor. With a cold face and no emotions he told me I will never conceive naturally, I am not a good candidate for IVF and should buy a donor egg, as this is the only option I have left. I was 31 years old and when asked him about some other options, he said there are no other options. When I broke into tears and nearly fell from the chair, my husband was comforting me- this "doctor" just handed me a box of kleenex without a single blink of an eye. This person is a moneymaker, he doesnt care about anything, as long as he makes money. I will never go there again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2710167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I saw Dr. Yuspe for a year with 6 failed IUIs. I asked to meet after the 3rd failed attempt and he told me not to worry, they'd tell me when to worry. After the filed 6th attempt I saw him again and he couldn't even get my details correct. He kept getting my age wrong, denied statistics he had previously given me and didn't know how many IUIs I had done. He never offered any interventions or attempts to investigate why I'm not getting pregnant, just wanted to go to IVF. His demeanour is that of a used car salesman. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I left his office in tears he told me that he wished I had gotten pregnant, but then he wouldn't be making a living! I decided to go for a second opinion and realized there were other things that could have been done sooner. The other doctor still recommended IVF, but treated me as a person. I suggest you find a compassionate doctor who will treat you like a human and not a bank machine.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2584530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

I had a great experience with him took his time explaining everything to us

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

This doctor has absolutely no people skills AT ALL. He shoots you down in the first 5 minutes of your appointment. He only cares about showing you statistics and how unlikely it is that you will get pregnant. For a sensitive subject like fertility I would have expected a compassionate doctor who cares about your concerns- but what I got was a "my way or the highway" attitude and he told me that if I don't have kids in a few years, maybe then I'll listen to him. Then he left the office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2455329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Yuzpe was the first Dr we saw at Genesis Clinic in the late 1990's. At first impression, I had a hard time getting past all the gold he was dripping in. It comes across very arrogant to someone who is about to unload their bank account in hopes to make a family. Our first cycle worked but we lost our child due to pre-term labour and were never again successful in our attempts. We felt the clinic pushed you through the cycles but made sure they caught you at the door to get any payments that were due. BTW, we too were told we would have to do ICSI every cycle too. Some of the smaller eggs that did not look good enough to manually fertilize managed to fertilize on their own without ICSI intervention. Makes you wonder...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1818826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

His "ethic" concerns are more important for him than people's life. We had had no success with other fertility clinics before coming do Dr.A.Yuzpe. We hoped he would have offered something different. At that time it was pretty much clear that my body could not carry a pregnancy. Dr.Yuzpe was very knowledgeable and convincing and convinced us to go for one more IVF. I ended up with ectopic, loosing one tube and a lot of blood. Hell of a doctor ! Then I found another doctor who suggested I use a surrogate. It was the only choice but now I have a beautiful baby. If I continued working with Dr.Yuzpe I would have never had a baby. Not sure I would still be alive. Stay away from Dr.Yuzpe as far as you can !!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1818825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

from personal experience: if you can stay away from him, he MAY be good technically (I hope) but he is the worst in communication and has ZERO people skills.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1818824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2011

I'm surprised at any positive comments on Dr.Yuzpe - it might even be from his friends/family/himself! Our experience with this so called doctor has been terrible fom the get-go. Yet, we thought,let's let him do the treatment, start the IVF and maybe he's then good to us - what were we thinking!. He's not polite with patients, inconsiderate of their feelings and time and doesn't care for anyhthing other than making money!. My IVF with this doc failed miserably - why am I not surprised. He had suggested IVF soon after my first IUI failed. Didn't give me any options such as supoer-ovulation, or, injectibles, or anything else. IVF orientation was a lot of information about the process, but not the treatment. i.e. nothing about what & when to expect, or even that how cycles could fail in the middle of the process. We were not prepared for negative outcomes. Dr. Y never answered any questions without making us feel stupid asking the ques. I think he's purely evil. Don't go to him at all!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1818827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2011

I had only seen Dr. Yuzpe once before moving out of the country and I felt satisfied with him at the time. He was very friendly and gave us hope. Now, after experiencing my first visit with my new doctor, I look back to the care I received from Dr. Yuzpe and am very disappointed. Dr. Yuzpe sent me off for a blood test and an HSG but NEVER gave me a basic pelvic exam or a transvaginal ultrasound. He said everything looked good and that we should keep trying naturally, or do IUI right away if we didn't want to wait. I found it odd that he didn't ask much about my menstrual history, but I figured that he was the expert and I trusted him. Now, through the pelvic exam on my first visit with my new doctor, he discovered what is probably endometriosis and thus the cause of my infertility, something Dr. Yuzpe missed completely because he never actually examined me. I feel like Yuzpe only wanted to sell me a treatment without finding the actual cause of my infertility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818823].votes_count ]]