Rate Dr. Albert Yuzpe

Dr. Albert Yuzpe's Ratings

I had a great experience with him took his time explaining everything to us

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

This doctor has absolutely no people skills AT ALL. He shoots you down in the first 5 minutes of your appointment. He only cares about showing you statistics and how unlikely it is that you will get pregnant. For a sensitive subject like fertility I would have expected a compassionate doctor who cares about your concerns- but what I got was a "my way or the highway" attitude and he told me that if I don't have kids in a few years, maybe then I'll listen to him. Then he left the office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Yuzpe was the first Dr we saw at Genesis Clinic in the late 1990's. At first impression, I had a hard time getting past all the gold he was dripping in. It comes across very arrogant to someone who is about to unload their bank account in hopes to make a family. Our first cycle worked but we lost our child due to pre-term labour and were never again successful in our attempts. We felt the clinic pushed you through the cycles but made sure they caught you at the door to get any payments that were due. BTW, we too were told we would have to do ICSI every cycle too. Some of the smaller eggs that did not look good enough to manually fertilize managed to fertilize on their own without ICSI intervention. Makes you wonder...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

His "ethic" concerns are more important for him than people's life. We had had no success with other fertility clinics before coming do Dr.A.Yuzpe. We hoped he would have offered something different. At that time it was pretty much clear that my body could not carry a pregnancy. Dr.Yuzpe was very knowledgeable and convincing and convinced us to go for one more IVF. I ended up with ectopic, loosing one tube and a lot of blood. Hell of a doctor ! Then I found another doctor who suggested I use a surrogate. It was the only choice but now I have a beautiful baby. If I continued working with Dr.Yuzpe I would have never had a baby. Not sure I would still be alive. Stay away from Dr.Yuzpe as far as you can !!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

from personal experience: if you can stay away from him, he MAY be good technically (I hope) but he is the worst in communication and has ZERO people skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2011

I'm surprised at any positive comments on Dr.Yuzpe - it might even be from his friends/family/himself! Our experience with this so called doctor has been terrible fom the get-go. Yet, we thought,let's let him do the treatment, start the IVF and maybe he's then good to us - what were we thinking!. He's not polite with patients, inconsiderate of their feelings and time and doesn't care for anyhthing other than making money!. My IVF with this doc failed miserably - why am I not surprised. He had suggested IVF soon after my first IUI failed. Didn't give me any options such as supoer-ovulation, or, injectibles, or anything else. IVF orientation was a lot of information about the process, but not the treatment. i.e. nothing about what & when to expect, or even that how cycles could fail in the middle of the process. We were not prepared for negative outcomes. Dr. Y never answered any questions without making us feel stupid asking the ques. I think he's purely evil. Don't go to him at all!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2011

I had only seen Dr. Yuzpe once before moving out of the country and I felt satisfied with him at the time. He was very friendly and gave us hope. Now, after experiencing my first visit with my new doctor, I look back to the care I received from Dr. Yuzpe and am very disappointed. Dr. Yuzpe sent me off for a blood test and an HSG but NEVER gave me a basic pelvic exam or a transvaginal ultrasound. He said everything looked good and that we should keep trying naturally, or do IUI right away if we didn't want to wait. I found it odd that he didn't ask much about my menstrual history, but I figured that he was the expert and I trusted him. Now, through the pelvic exam on my first visit with my new doctor, he discovered what is probably endometriosis and thus the cause of my infertility, something Dr. Yuzpe missed completely because he never actually examined me. I feel like Yuzpe only wanted to sell me a treatment without finding the actual cause of my infertility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2011

What a wonderful doctor - kind & compassionate - took time to listen and provided a positive clinical enviroment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

dr yuzpe is awesome! my husband and i both love this doctor despite failing at IVF. we appreciated his no-nonsense attitude, his humor and his optimism. we found him super helpful as well. he is a little bit of a "cowboy" so if you're looking for gentle hand holding this may not be the doctor for you but i cannot recommend him enough. i am also a doctor and i can attest to the fact that in the medical community he has a very good reputation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

I saw Dr. Yuzpe last week for a consultation after a year of trying for a baby unsuccessfully. He was wonderful, very down to earth and knowledgeable. He put my mind at ease and answered all of my questions without judgement. He gave us a timeline of how long to continue on our own and a plan of action if we do not conceive. I would definitely seek treatment with him in the future if necessary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818820].votes_count ]]