Rate Dr. Tarek Motan

Dr. Tarek Motan's Ratings

Dr Motan is Amazing!! he made something happen that no else did. I got Pregnant. After 7 long years of fertility problems and 3 miscarriages Dr motan immediately found the problem and had it corrected with surgery and then I took 2 rounds of Clomid and poof I was pregnant. I don't know how I will ever repay him. He gave me the most special gift ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2699966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

I did ivf with him 2 times fist was negative 2nd was a baby girl and on my third cycle day 7 wish me luck . I do like him he is funny and friendly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

Dr Motan was great , he was funny( in a weird kind of way ),very informative and very kind/gentle ... He doesn't sugar coat things . He said he was going to get us pregnent and he did !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2688672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

Referral was sent in November and received appointment for January. Phoned clinic and rescheduled appointment for December so wait time was approx 1.5 months. We arrived 20 mins early for appointment and got into clinic before our appointment time. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Dr. Motan emailed lots of extra information regarding infertility and IVF. Overall pleased with initial appointment. One issue is that AHS does not offer services in all of Alberta for out of town clients. For example, male sem analysis and SIS ultrasound all have to be done in Edmonton, which means additional cost and time and travel to Edmonton (which is a 5 hour drive).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2684126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

This is the first time that I am leaving a comment for a doctor but this doctor should not practice!!!!! I know my case is a bit challenging but he does not care. He wants the easy stuff. I know 2 other people that went and saw him and he said the same thing and the same jokes! You are not funny and you are arrogant. You don't even want to try and the only thing you said is I wish I saw you earlier or I will take you for your mortgage or you have more chance to spend your money on a dinner and hotel room. You don't even take a chance or try. If I want to spend my mortgage so what! Not your decision to make. Even the nurse from the Calgary fertility clinic was looking at him and could not believe that he would not let me talk and she was trying to help me but he just cut her off. The Edmonton fertility clinic is a joke! Waiting a year and a half for that. I did get pregnant in the past and I do have a kid so yes I can still do it but with some help but not with this doctor or this clinic for sure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2665503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Great doctor, great since of humor. Doesn't give up

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2643604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Dr Motan is an amazing person. He is very comical and made my experience amazing!! Thank you Dr:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2610685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Staff has made so many mistakes with our care it is laughable. Some of them are outright rude. Motan thinks he is funny, his humour is often innappropriate to the situation and he will not listen to any fresh ideas or open his mind to things that other clinics are doing. He seems to be about money, money, money. If he tried something that actually worked couples wouldn't have to come back repeatedly for more IUI and IVF cycles that are obviously not working. If I had a choice I would go somewhere else. Fertility care should be standardized across the country so arrogant Doctors like Motan would have to follow the same protocol as everybody else. Very unethical practice. No respect for patients at all.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2566320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr. Motan has been my doctor for four years now and I think he is a great doctor. He has a funny personality and always makes you feel important and will answer all your questions. Poor guy has seen me cry more times than I care to remember and always makes you feel like there is hope. I trust him 100%.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2455331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

On initial appointment I was more impressed than on follow up. My follow up was 2 hours late and I was asked the same set of questions by the LPN and resident and then Dr Motan (initial intake I saw only Dr Motan and he was closer to on time). Very confident about helping me have a baby and be a mother, which is appreciated. However, dismissive of medication side effects.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455330].votes_count ]]