Rate Dr. Tarek Motan

Dr. Tarek Motan's Ratings

Dr. Motan has been my doctor for four years now and I think he is a great doctor. He has a funny personality and always makes you feel important and will answer all your questions. Poor guy has seen me cry more times than I care to remember and always makes you feel like there is hope. I trust him 100%.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2455331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

On initial appointment I was more impressed than on follow up. My follow up was 2 hours late and I was asked the same set of questions by the LPN and resident and then Dr Motan (initial intake I saw only Dr Motan and he was closer to on time). Very confident about helping me have a baby and be a mother, which is appreciated. However, dismissive of medication side effects.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

He is my fertility doctor for 2 years now and I am tankful for this man. He did my IVF and he never gives up on us! He works so hard ( I guess 7 days a week :), he is very dedicated and knowledgeable. He never gets tired of helping lots of couples reach their dreams.He has lots of sense of humour and he makes me feel better and encouraged. Staff are friendly and accomodating.. You'll get to know each one of them as you visit the clinic often. We are hoping the babies will grow well. Thanks Dr. Motan! And as you said, you'll see us in nine months :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2013

I was ref'd to Dr Motan after an ovarian torsion. His first words were "Barring a miracle or an egg donor, you will never have a child of your own." After half an hour of that, he said "well, if you did get pregnant, it could be twins because of your up and down hormones." Maybe he should have started with that, instead of telling us we had no chance? I went for an AFC at his office, where they found a cyst which caused them to be unable to get a #. They told me not to bother coming back for a second test. The last appt, I was left waiting in the waiting room for 2 hours because reception forgot about me. I did not get a proper apology, just jokes about being forgotten about. When I finally got in, the resident asked if we had decided on an egg donor. I said no, & Dr Motan said to come back when we picked an egg donor OR when my ovary failed. I'm 30 years old, & live over an hour out of town. Being treated poorly, wasting my time & no options (I could go on) ... I am SO disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2013

I loved Dr. Motan. Most of the staff at the infertility clinic where great and personable. Dr. Motan and I have very similar personalities so had many many laughs in our visits. Although not always on time, he showed he cared and wanted to start with the least invasive way of infertility treatment. When I talked to him of my concerns about IUI not working and not worth it because I did not ovulate and it costs quite a bit, I asked about a different treatment. He said not to go straight to IVF but to try injections and even prescribed the cheaper of the bunch since they did the same thing. I didn't need to go that far because I got pregnant off of Clomid. Anyways, he also did my septate uterus removal because Dr. De Lara claimed he couldn't do it and this is how I met Dr. Motan. He says to me every visit that he will not be satisfied until he has a baby in his arms. I love love love him. My most favorite male Dr!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Dr. Motan is easily one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He is obviously an expert in infertility from a medical standpoint, but he understands the emotional struggles of infertility so deeply and is always sensitive to that side of things when he offers his advice. My husband and I have been seeing him for the past 6 years and we always felt that he was as committed to making us parents as we were. He went out of his way to make himself available to us when we needed to discuss our plans, never made us feel rushed and participated in our decision-making process without any judgment or bravado. Punctuality is sometimes an issue but only because he is so heavily depended on by the staff and other patients. When we were with him, he never made us feel rushed, he answered all of our questions and even went out of his way to locate additional resources for us when we wanted to learn more. Dr. Motan has obviously found his calling and we felt lucky to have been under his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

I just had my first visit with the fertility clinic and my speciliast is Dr. Motan. After being bumped around for years with my "condition" to various doctors, Dr. Motan was taken back at first as to who will be able to help me with this, as this may be something even out of his specialty. After years of not getting any answers he was generally concerned. He is taking it upon himself and made a promise to me that he will find the answers and make sure this is taken care of. He is still taking me in to do some testing on me himself to try and clear up my mystery condition. He was very friendly and professional. He made me laugh quite a bit with his great sense of humor. I found all of the staff to be welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Motan to anyone and I look forward to my follow up appionment. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I saw Motan at the fertility clinic he wasn't my primary specialist, but I had dealings with him on occasion and when it came to IVF he did retrieval and transfer. He has a way of making light of uncomfortable situations and it helped relax my nerves during the process. Funny guy and his knowledge is comforting. Husband certainly enjoyed his humor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

Dr. Motan is the best. He is funny, and very easy to talk to. Going through IVF is very stressful, but he never rushed us and put us at ease during the whole process. He said that his goal is to get people babies, and he was right. On the first try we are expecting our long awaited baby. I am glad that we went to the Edmonton Clinic instead of travelling.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

After I filled out the questionnaire sheet I was asked the exact questions by his intern for her to fill out the same sheet. Then she asked why I was there. My husband replied, "to buy a car". We sat in his office for 2.5 hours to be told my BMI index is too high for him to help me right now. When it is only 2 points higher than what he would help me at. He then proceded to tell me about Iphone apps. He didn't want to listen to anything I had to say. We saw him for a total of 5 minutes out of the 2.5 hours and felt he was trying to push us through as it was the end of the day. I was very disappointed with him and will NEVER go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818867].votes_count ]]