You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul Clarkson

Dr. Paul Clarkson's Ratings

Dr. Paul Clarkson performed cancer surgery on my pelvis, successfully, doing what he said he would do. He has an excellent staff team who are helpful, friendly and very competent as is he. BC is very fortunate he is here in Vancouver. He gave me the odds without the surgery, so I was glad to get to the recovery room with my leg intact. I only got to keep my leg because of his skill set. A lot can go wrong in any surgery, like death, so I am still cancer free after 1 year. I thank God every day for being referred to him, he is a gifted Oncologist(Surgeon) , the option was to lose a leg. I/we are never quite prepared to deal with catastrophic circumstances in our health live's. He and his staff made themselves available to me, helping me each step of the way. I am so glad he was able to keep my leg. An MRI shows an image, getting inside your body and seeing the severity of the problem with your eyes, is always going to show you the severity of the problem. I do not envy surgeons, they can be upbeat but in the end, they have to make hard decisions and deliver more than their share of bad news. Even though I am not walking without aides, yet, I am thrilled to have been fortunate and blessed to keep my leg. God Bless you Dr. Clarkson, and your staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2682914].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Dr Clarkson performed a more radical surgery on me He miss led me to think one thing and did something else other than what he discussed with me.

He basically butchered me leave me in more pain than when I went in to see him

I can say had he did not do what he did to me I wouldn't been a handicap today.

A year later when I confronted him all he said to me that he was sorry, when I ask him why he did not explain to me most of the thing thah could possible go wrong, all he said to me. "Sorry thousands of things could of gone wrong I can't possible tell you all of them."

I am warning anyone who is thinking about letting Clarkson operated on a family member think again or look elsewhere that man is dangerous... This is my Number I will go into more detail if you call (916) 340-4781

I do not believe after what he did to me, He did not have the common decency to discuss with me what he had done,I found this out during an x-ray.

In addition he neglected to inform me of serious side affects and prepare me emotionally for the dramatic effects this would have on my quality of life.

His attitude was very matter of fact and cavalier considering the serious nature of this operation.

The fact I was a very healthy 50 year old man when I went to see Clarkson always into physical sports swimming, Biking, Martial arts and gymnastics, never got sick. I pass all physical examination Clarkson gave me. Thinking of the horrific ordeal, I now know that wicked man thought I was the perfect specimen for his experiment which went horribly. this is three going on four years and I am in more pains and suffering than when I went to Clarkson >>>. Dec. 31,2014.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2667529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

I went to this Dr Clarkson with my feet and after he did the operation I could not walk from that day and his responsed to me is he is sorry that is it

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624613].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

I found Dr Clarkson's staff to be helpful and respectful of my needs. There is almost always a wait when dealing with doctors but I found I never had to wait too long. I found everyone at the center to be helpful and considerate of what I was going through. I was given all the information I asked for and that I needed. The best thing is that I am now cancer free and Dr. Clarkson has saved my leg.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1818947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Dr Clarkson was very patient and kind with all of my questions. I have always found him and Paula very responsive. Paula always gives a realistic timeframe in which I can expect an answer to questions I might have. Thank you for the best expience one can have during a hard time. I have had two surgeries under his care and both times have found him to be a wonderful specialist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1818946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Overall, I am happy with Dr. Clarkson. He is a doctor in high demand, so there is definitely always a wait to see him, and he does give the impression of being a bit rushed. However, he is very knowledgable and he will take the time to explain things in detail, when asked. He also is very kind and makes you feel at ease. His secretary, Paula, could certainly use some training on patient care and just overall kindness, as she makes you feel as though you are 'putting her out' anytime you call for info and appointments. The rest of his staff at the clinic are very kind. I feel lucky to have him as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1818945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I had 4 surgeries on my knee, and I have nothing bad to say, only good things. I believe he is one of the best doctors I've ever had! Paula (his secretary) is also very professional, and always returns my calls almost right away.Bring your Ipad/book with you to his appointments, the clinic is always very busy. I would recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1818944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

I believe Dr Clarkson's recommendations for surgery for my cancerous tumor were drastic and unnecessary. I have since had surgery elsewhere with great success and using a totally different approach that he recommended. The success rates he quoted were unfounded given my review of recent research literature. I would not recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1818943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2011

Dr clarkson is an angel for me and my family .when all the others failed he was the one who gave me the 100% correct diagnosis and treatment.he was clear, honest and very encouraging.i was diagnosed with a giant cell tumour .he took very good care of me.i have been through two surgeries and i a 26 yr old f can close my eyes and trust dr paul clarkson as the best doctor and a human being.we have to have patience as these doctors and staff of bc cancer agency are trying to help everyone.we cant expect quick service as the ratio of docs to patient is not comparable. Dr paul reAlly cares about all his patients.he gave me a new life two times and although my tumour might come back im very confident and less worried as doctor paul is there.his staff in vancouver are so helpful and sweet i feel as if im home.his secretary paula is so prompt efficient and kind she always gets back to me whenever i have any concerns.she is one of the nicest! I am so fortunate to have dr paul clarkson and his team. Thankyou Alzina

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1818942].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2011

My mother has recently been diagnosed with a very rare type of cancer not seen in Canada in 5 years. Dr. Clarkson has been great and explaining the details and has fantastic bed side manner. I would highly recommend him. We are just starting the first round of chemo for her tomorrow and we just found out she has cancer yesterday. He is good and rushing things along and proactive in his approach. Thank you to him for pushing this along to get things started quickly for my Mom. Doctors are busy especially cancer doctors and we appreciate the time that he spent with us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1818941].votes_count ]]