Rate Dr. Paul Clarkson

Dr. Paul Clarkson's Ratings

I found Dr Clarkson's staff to be helpful and respectful of my needs. There is almost always a wait when dealing with doctors but I found I never had to wait too long. I found everyone at the center to be helpful and considerate of what I was going through. I was given all the information I asked for and that I needed. The best thing is that I am now cancer free and Dr. Clarkson has saved my leg.

Submitted June 13, 2013 | flag

Dr Clarkson was very patient and kind with all of my questions. I have always found him and Paula very responsive. Paula always gives a realistic timeframe in which I can expect an answer to questions I might have. Thank you for the best expience one can have during a hard time. I have had two surgeries under his care and both times have found him to be a wonderful specialist.

Submitted May 7, 2013 | flag

Overall, I am happy with Dr. Clarkson. He is a doctor in high demand, so there is definitely always a wait to see him, and he does give the impression of being a bit rushed. However, he is very knowledgable and he will take the time to explain things in detail, when asked. He also is very kind and makes you feel at ease. His secretary, Paula, could certainly use some training on patient care and just overall kindness, as she makes you feel as though you are 'putting her out' anytime you call for info and appointments. The rest of his staff at the clinic are very kind. I feel lucky to have him as my doctor.

Submitted April 16, 2013 | flag

I had 4 surgeries on my knee, and I have nothing bad to say, only good things. I believe he is one of the best doctors I've ever had! Paula (his secretary) is also very professional, and always returns my calls almost right away.Bring your Ipad/book with you to his appointments, the clinic is always very busy. I would recommend him.

Submitted May 29, 2012 | flag

I believe Dr Clarkson's recommendations for surgery for my cancerous tumor were drastic and unnecessary. I have since had surgery elsewhere with great success and using a totally different approach that he recommended. The success rates he quoted were unfounded given my review of recent research literature. I would not recommend him.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2011 | flag

Dr clarkson is an angel for me and my family .when all the others failed he was the one who gave me the 100% correct diagnosis and treatment.he was clear, honest and very encouraging.i was diagnosed with a giant cell tumour .he took very good care of me.i have been through two surgeries and i a 26 yr old f can close my eyes and trust dr paul clarkson as the best doctor and a human being.we have to have patience as these doctors and staff of bc cancer agency are trying to help everyone.we cant expect quick service as the ratio of docs to patient is not comparable. Dr paul reAlly cares about all his patients.he gave me a new life two times and although my tumour might come back im very confident and less worried as doctor paul is there.his staff in vancouver are so helpful and sweet i feel as if im home.his secretary paula is so prompt efficient and kind she always gets back to me whenever i have any concerns.she is one of the nicest! I am so fortunate to have dr paul clarkson and his team. Thankyou Alzina

Submitted Oct. 25, 2011 | flag

My mother has recently been diagnosed with a very rare type of cancer not seen in Canada in 5 years. Dr. Clarkson has been great and explaining the details and has fantastic bed side manner. I would highly recommend him. We are just starting the first round of chemo for her tomorrow and we just found out she has cancer yesterday. He is good and rushing things along and proactive in his approach. Thank you to him for pushing this along to get things started quickly for my Mom. Doctors are busy especially cancer doctors and we appreciate the time that he spent with us.

Submitted April 5, 2011 | flag

GCT patient in femur. Dr Paul Clarkson briefly explained my situation and what kind of surgery I will be have. He is really busy, but he knows what he's doing. Couple of nurses in ward told me that I am very lucky to have had Dr Clarkson operate on me.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2011 | flag

Wait hours for any appointment. Won't spend more than 2 minutes in the exam room with you. Never gives any info.

Submitted March 30, 2010 | flag

Doctor Paul Clarkson was absolutely wonderful. He was willing to see me right away about a tumor in my hip. Very kind, considerate and explained everything in a thorough manner.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2009 | flag