Dr. Randall A. Loy

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Randall A. Loy has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5335041
07/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Loy is an incredible doctor, and truly has changed our lives. My OB-GYN was hesitant and condescending about my presenting symptoms and going on over a year of infertility, and within the first appointment with Dr. Loy he was able to put the pieces together and come up with an idea of a diagnosis and a treatment plan. Dr. Loy seemed to genuinely care, empathize, and 100% listen to me, which is something desperately needed when seeking treatment from a reproductive endocrinologist.
RID: 3657616

16/01/14 1 1 1 1   Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Randall" to "Randall A."
RID: 2667590
31/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Loy was AMAZING, with absolutely impecable bed side manners taboot! He always took his time and explained everything and answered any questions we had. He discovered a polyp and removed it and found my long standing Endometriosis that kept us from conceiving. I was scheduled for a lap, he performed, and told us afterwards he didn't see any reason why we couldn't become pregnant on our own within the next 3 to 4 months following using only Ovulation Predictor Kits. HE WAS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! My third cycle never showed and a positive pregnancy & bloodwork confirmed our dream come true! Last Friday we saw Dr. Loy when he performed our first ultrasound allowing us to see and hear our new baby's heartbeat! We couldn't have done this without him. He is ABSOLUTELY ONE OF THE BEST DOCTOR's I'VE SEEN & his staff was excellent too! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH CRM YOU ARE A GREAT TEAM-Wish I could stay my entire Pregnancy! We drove over an hour to see him & it was well worth every mile traveled!
RID: 2606950
03/04/13 2 1 1 3 On 3/12/13 I scheduled an apt with Dr Loy for 4/4/13. There are no infertility doctors close to me so I searched for the closest to me which are in Orlando and wanted to go to several to see which I was most comfortable with. Today, one day before my appointment I get a call at 11:30 saying that Dr Loy has an "emergency" tomorrow and needs to reschedule all his appointments for the day. This is extremely irritating as I took a lot of my time so I could schedule all of my appointments on the same day so I didn't have to make several (2 hour) trips to Orlando and miss more time from work. The woman who called was very rude in that she talked over me so I couldn't get a word in and just hung up. I don't know what "emergency" is that just happened to come up the day prior that he would know one day ahead of time but apparently Dr Loy has enough patients that he doesn't need new ones or his staff wouldn't be so rude in relaying the message.
RID: 2580889
09/03/13 5 5 5 5 After a not so good experience elsewhere, I came to Dr. Loy for a second opinion. He was very clear, answered all of my questions,and very knowledgeable. I achieved my dream of becoming pregnant from Dr. Loy and I will recommend him to everyone I encounter who has fertility problems. Helpful nurses and great office staff! Thank you Dr. Loy and CRM!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2543484
28/01/13 4 5 5 5 Dr. Loy explained every procedure, side effect, or possible complication in detail. He answered all of my questions at each visit and his nurses go above and beyond to ease your fears or stress. Infertility is exhausting and stressful, but the knowledgable and friendly staff made the journey much easier.
RID: 2421010
09/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Loy is the best. He was aggressive in his treatment and I got pregnant my first cycle of IUI. He explained everything in great detail, listened to concerns, drew diagrams. He was the greatest and his staff is great also. I recommend him to anyone with fertility issues.
RID: 2418231
06/09/12 4 5 5 5 He is very knowledge and goes in details with the procedure along with his two nurses. Had a wonderful experience with him.
RID: 2415137
01/09/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Loy was wonderful to work with. He was very knowledgeable and explained in full detail the step by step my individual plan. Dr. Loy discovered my endometriosis and polyp, and after a successful surgery performed by Dr. Loy, I was able to get pregnant in 6 weeks! We are expecting our first son this fall. I would highly recommend Dr. Loy.
RID: 2160291
25/05/12 5 4 5 5 Very accurate on his diagnosis from the beginning of treatment. Extremely knowledgable and detailed when making a diagnosis. Direct about best treatment plan and gave me a timeframe to getting pregnant that was right on track.
Paid (or co-pay): $2500
Respond

21/12/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1664424
18/12/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Loy was awesome. I had two miscarriages prior to visiting Dr. Loy. He tried IUI and I got pregnant the first time. Delivered a healthy 7 pound baby boy last month. We couldn't be happier!
RID: 1527699
01/09/11 5 5 5 5 After over one year of going to a different specialist, I was wishing I had found Dr. Loy and Center for Reproductive Medicine sooner!! The efficiency, knowledge and caring Dr. Loy, his nurses, and the office staff provided was night and day compared to my prior doctor. The process of trying to conceive is emotional enough, so having the doctor, nurses and staff be prompt, following through, and taking the guess work out of it for me gave me such a peace of mind and comfort for the entire process. I am currently pregnant after my 2nd IUI at Dr. Loy's office and I can't say enough about Dr. Loy and this group. I will recommend them to anyone who will listen!
RID: 1455272
02/06/11 4 4 5 5 I moved from PA to FL in Jan '11. I had been seeing a top-rated doc for 4 months back in PA who had me on high doses of Clomid & who barely took the time to explain things to me. I am so thankful we moved to FL than if for no other reason than to have met Dr. Loy. He sat down with me & explained my diagnosis, even drawing diagrams, & answered all my questions. He did very thorough bloodwork using the World Health Org. standards, & found that my DHEAS levels (a precursor to testosterone) were low, something my prior doc never found. After 3 months on a med to lower my levels, I am pregnant! I didn't need any other meds/shots/etc to get pregnant, even though my doc at home was being very aggressive w/ my treatment. Dr. Loy believes in doing a thorough diagnosis to get you pregnant as naturally & cost effectively as possible. We saved money, time & a whole lot of side effects thanks to Dr. Loy. His nurse Jessica is also fabulous & sensitive. If you want the best, Dr. Loy is it!
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

RID: 1409217
07/04/11 5 5 5 5 There was always MD coverage who were just as knowledgeable and nice as Dr. Loy. My questions were always answered within that day.  Respond
RID: 1254739
20/09/10 4 5 5 5 dr. loy took time to explain the ivf process and answered all of our questions willingly and patiently. he is very knowledgable and kind.
Paid (or co-pay): $35000
RID: 1236730
25/08/10 5 5 5 5 He found an issue immediately that my previous dcotors didn't see for nearly a year. He was kinds, listened to my concerns, his staff were couteous, my calls were answered within 24hours, and I always felt welcome. BEST place to go! I would recommend Dr. Loy and his whole practice to anyone  Respond
RID: 1114971
25/02/10 5 5 5 5 Could not say enouth good things about Dr. Loy. Hands down the best doctor i have ever been to! Took time to really expalin things to us and was very kind. We ended up adopting instead of doing IVF. But if i ever decide to try again i will be going back to Dr. Randall Loy! I recommend him to everyone i know dealing with infertility issues.
Paid (or co-pay): $6000
RID: 1044052
26/11/09 2 4 4 4 If you want to see Dr loy forget about it all he does is the consultaton, we ended up getting one of the other doctors and never saw DR loy after the 1st appointment there are 3 other doctors staffed. We are there for help and went through 2 IVF cycles where ICSI should have been performed, the office waited until the last minute to do rescue ICSI the 2nd try and it was very costly emotionally and financially. I am disappointed  Respond
RID: 1016108
22/10/09 3 5 5 5 I adore Dr. Loy, but feel somewhat frustrated with how the practice is run. If you want to be with Dr. Loy throughout the entire process, then go somewhere else out of state. He is the best in the state; however, my husband and I never saw him once during out entire IVF cycle which unfortunately did not take. My advice is to read the book, Making Babies by Dr. Sami David and Jill Blakely before you begin infertility. This book will help you understand your body better and help educate you on your health issues, if any. Make sure you research doctors and their practices at the CDC website; after all, this is your health and life you are dealing with. Being on fertility meds is not easy and has its risks. Be an advocate for you and your husband. Dr. Loy is excellent with working with his patients. He is ethical, moral and very kind. If you want his full medical attention, good luck...That's not how their clinic works. Overall, I would choose Dr. Loy in the State of Florida.
RID: 1006515
09/10/09 5 5 5 5 I started seeing him frustrated that my own doctor wasn't diagnosing me with anything when I could feel something was wrong. Dr. Loy diagnosed me with stage 4 endometriosis which I will always be thankful for. I had surgery 06/09. I've just started IVF. Dr. Loy is great and very knowledgeable.The staff is the same as well as the other doctors. Their office is very busy so I'm sure others feel the same as well. :)
RID: 1001759
03/10/09 4 4 4 5 we went to Dr. Loy when we had three other failed procedures at another local clinic. We are now expecting twins and could not be happier with our care at Dr. Loy's office. He is a professional and dedicated man. It is a busy office, so don't always expect to get in when you want or have your calls returned right away, but they do follow up. His staff is wonderful as well, and really seem to care about the patients.
* - Rating left by a registered user