Rate Dr. Lance Y. Kim

Dr. Lance Y. Kim's Ratings

Dr. Kim is hands-down one of the best neurologist i have seen in my 32 years of life! his demeanor and manner is calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personal. i saw him for multiple symptoms including sleep disorder, headache, generalized body pain. Dr. Kim made me feel comfortable and relaxed and asked me questions about my recreational life & any significant stressors which no doctor has ever done before! we also discussed all sorts of things to address some life phase events and he made recommendations as to what i need. i find that doctors usually are distracted or rushed when visiting their patients, but not with Dr. Kim. I had the sense that this doctor REALLY cared about my whole being and not just the fact that i needed a physical exam and some prescription. additionally i could tell that Dr. Kim has a well-rounded medical background and approaches his care with a western and eastern perspective, not the typical medical “fix it and get rid of it” approach. it is for this reason
and his assistant Donna was very friendly and welcoming, that i give him 5 stars! i would definitely recommend this practice to anyone that values their health and wants a doctor that’s holistic, empowering, and a true team player!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

This is Dr. Lance Kim responding to 8/27/2014 review:
We remember things differently. Many patients come into the office seeking specific medications for which there is no medical indication for their specific complaint or diagnosis. When they do not receive the drugs they are seeking, they become upset. We keep detailed patient notes which are reviewed before any patient appointment, as well as whenever a patient calls. We also make notes of our conversations with patients and treatment advice/options.

If you wish to discuss your concerns with me, please give me a call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I have been suffering from very complicated neurological problems & sleep disorders for many years. I have been to numerous doctors & hospitals including big name places. Despite numerous diagnostic tastings & treatments, my condition never improved & have been feeling hopeless. Then my new neighbor suggested to see Dr. Kim. I was very impressed by vast knowledge in so many areas and most of all he looked right in my eyes & noticed my feeling of helplessness and despair. He took so much time explaining meaning of results of hundredths of tastings & multiple mixed diagnosis that I could understand for first time. He took very different rout of treatments with some new medicines on experimental basis & aquatic therapy that are clearly produced beneficial effect. I especially appreciated Dr. Kim's candid opinion about my realistic prognosis as this was never been explained well by anyone else. For the first time, I feel that I have my hope restored after several years of despair. I am so blessed to have Dr. Kim as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2520843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2014

All he wants to do is make money off of you to pay for his beautiful building and many collage bills he has aquirwd. I have not even seen him look at me once. The whole staff is the worst I have ever come across. Dr. Kim does not look over paitent notes. Even if your medication does not work. It took a month to get a call back, and no results. I feel stuck with him, and am looking for another doctor as soon as possible. He is like a dirty car sails man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

This is Dr Lance Kim responding to 8/8/2014 review:

I am sorry that you feel this way. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared with the members of my staff. We strive to provide a positive patient experience from the moment the patient walks through the door, and remain committed to providing just that. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that we may have fallen short of that goal. We hope you will give us another chance so that we can make this right for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Dr Kim seems somewhat knowledgeable but his staff is the worse ever. The nurse that conducted my sleep study was bordering on rude and in her better moments cold and uncaring. It is near impossible to get a hold of someone at the office some days. You keep getting put on hold and no one answers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2488544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

Dr Kim must have a hearing disorder. After telling him what was happening all I got was a hmm. lets get these 4 tests done and go from there. Entire ordeal was a waste of time. Mri people must of had hearing aids off. was told one price and 2 months later asked to pay more. Called and left a mssg for my results 4 weeks later a receptionist called me back. Entire waste of time and effort.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2398450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Kim was the only neurologist in 10 years of my medical endeavor who first made proper diagnosis of my very complicated neurological problems. I have been to all those big name places, Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, Duke etc but none of them was able to unravel my mysterious mixed conditions. Dr. Kim did very thorough diagnostic work up & repeated some of the tests that were of suboptimal quality & he spent lot of time going over my voluminous past medical records. He spent so much time with me & my husband to make sure we understood his explanation of my mixed diagnosis & atypical conditions. He even tried new medicine called Nuedexta & for the first time I feel I can get my arms around my problems. I am so grateful for Dr. Kim's dedication to patient care, utmost medical expertise & feel privileged to be his patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2398449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Was referred to Dr. Kim for Sleep Apnea. Dr. Kim ordered two sleep studies. After reading the results, Dr. Kim wrote a prescription for a BI-PAP Machine and a Mask. The air pressure was so high, the mask was leaking, not to mention what it was doing to my lungs and other body parts.. He lowered the pressure some but, not enough as the pressure was still causing leakage. After two months, I finally got to see Dr. Kim. He said he would lower the air pressure again and prescribe a sleep aid which , my insurance needs prior authorization. The BI-PAP is suppose to help breath better and get a restful nights sleep. So, why the sleep aid? If patient is accompanied by some one,, Dr. Kim or staff will not recognize their questions. Pray for Ocala as this is the only Sleep disorder specialist in town. See a Pulmonologist (lungs) Instead

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2398448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

The doctor and his vast knowledge has helped me finally find relief after years of suffering. I couldn't be in better hands than at the helm of Dr. Kim and his staff. Their staff is the most friendly, welcoming staff I've ever dealt with. They are so warm and professional, and make the whole experience that much better. Both the doctor and staff here are extremely friendly and welcoming. They put in the extra effort to make me feel valued and important. I was so impressed with the progress I was able to make after visiting this doctor. All my questions were answered, and I feel a lot more confident and hopeful about the future. They made sure every single question I had was answered, and are always available if I think of any more questions I want answered. This provider has a great reputation in our community. Yes, I was given high recommendations about going to them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2398447].votes_count ]]