Rate Dr. Lance Y. Kim

Dr. Lance Y. Kim's Ratings

Dr Kim seems somewhat knowledgeable but his staff is the worse ever. The nurse that conducted my sleep study was bordering on rude and in her better moments cold and uncaring. It is near impossible to get a hold of someone at the office some days. You keep getting put on hold and no one answers.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

Dr Kim must have a hearing disorder. After telling him what was happening all I got was a hmm. lets get these 4 tests done and go from there. Entire ordeal was a waste of time. Mri people must of had hearing aids off. was told one price and 2 months later asked to pay more. Called and left a mssg for my results 4 weeks later a receptionist called me back. Entire waste of time and effort.

Submitted June 12, 2014 | flag

Dr. Kim was the only neurologist in 10 years of my medical endeavor who first made proper diagnosis of my very complicated neurological problems. I have been to all those big name places, Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, Duke etc but none of them was able to unravel my mysterious mixed conditions. Dr. Kim did very thorough diagnostic work up & repeated some of the tests that were of suboptimal quality & he spent lot of time going over my voluminous past medical records. He spent so much time with me & my husband to make sure we understood his explanation of my mixed diagnosis & atypical conditions. He even tried new medicine called Nuedexta & for the first time I feel I can get my arms around my problems. I am so grateful for Dr. Kim's dedication to patient care, utmost medical expertise & feel privileged to be his patient.

Submitted June 8, 2014 | flag

Was referred to Dr. Kim for Sleep Apnea. Dr. Kim ordered two sleep studies. After reading the results, Dr. Kim wrote a prescription for a BI-PAP Machine and a Mask. The air pressure was so high, the mask was leaking, not to mention what it was doing to my lungs and other body parts.. He lowered the pressure some but, not enough as the pressure was still causing leakage. After two months, I finally got to see Dr. Kim. He said he would lower the air pressure again and prescribe a sleep aid which , my insurance needs prior authorization. The BI-PAP is suppose to help breath better and get a restful nights sleep. So, why the sleep aid? If patient is accompanied by some one,, Dr. Kim or staff will not recognize their questions. Pray for Ocala as this is the only Sleep disorder specialist in town. See a Pulmonologist (lungs) Instead

Submitted May 15, 2014 | flag

The doctor and his vast knowledge has helped me finally find relief after years of suffering. I couldn't be in better hands than at the helm of Dr. Kim and his staff. Their staff is the most friendly, welcoming staff I've ever dealt with. They are so warm and professional, and make the whole experience that much better. Both the doctor and staff here are extremely friendly and welcoming. They put in the extra effort to make me feel valued and important. I was so impressed with the progress I was able to make after visiting this doctor. All my questions were answered, and I feel a lot more confident and hopeful about the future. They made sure every single question I had was answered, and are always available if I think of any more questions I want answered. This provider has a great reputation in our community. Yes, I was given high recommendations about going to them.

Submitted April 24, 2014 | flag

The first time i went there for my neuropathy and he looked at my feet for like a minute - he spent more time looking in my mouth and said i have sleep apnea *note is also has a sleep study in his building* so he tells me i need a sleep study (which i feel he wanted me to do so he could make money off of me) Well i did the test (he made money) and guess what no sleep apnea - Hes always late - he talks down to you- ive been going to him for a year now and yesterday was my last time- he prescribes me two meds-then i go on to tell him about how i vomited in the parking lot after the back shots he gave me last appointment and i almost couldnt walk out to my car and he ignores me completely HE SAYS NOTHING about how sick i got and says okay see you in 3-4 months and walks out! Horrible!!! Horrible!! I will not go back ( i feel he got mad because i wont take the back shots any more because they cause more pain then help ) he doesn't listen to you he just wants to make money off of u.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

I have been suffering from progressive memory disorder and insomnia for nearly 20 years. No one has been able to diagnose my condition correctly. I was given all kinds of antidepressants and even antipsychotics which made my problem even worse. Then I was referred to Dr. Kim by my PCP. He spent great deal of time going over my medical history & very skillfully went over my childhood experience. He was able to recognize a form of PTSD I was suffering from childhood abuse and he was fairly certain that my unrecognized PTSD had something to do with my memory & sleep disorders. He put me in touch with psychological counsellor whom I have been seeing for about a year. Dr. Kim also prescribed couple of medications for my sleep that worked wonderfully. Presently I feel much better about myself and was gaining self confidence. I am able to focus better and my memory is definitely better as I finally able to get consistent quality sleep. I would highly recommend Dr. Kim to anyone.

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

I have highly recommend Dr. Kim to my friends and family members. I am confident in his knowledge and approach to diagnosing neurological concerns. I am also deeply thankful Dr. Kim accepts Medicaid, especially since he is such an exceptionally thorough neurologist... he is a rare find! For the most part, the staff is patient, caring, and professional as well. I have had many appointments and never had too much of a wait.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2012 | flag

Staff is the worst ever. they hurt his appeal, I'm looking for another Dr

Submitted June 2, 2012 | flag

you will wait an hour to see him. He is just a money making machine. Don't go there.

Submitted May 19, 2012 | flag