Rate Dr. T. A. McQueen

Dr. T. A. McQueen's Ratings

Submitted April 8, 2013 | flag

Saw this quack close to 30 years ago for surgery, which he botched. It was left to his then-partner to try to clean up the mess, but he wasn't successful. I'm still living with McQueen's incompetence. It's horrible that he's still "practicing" - from the comments here it would seem he hasn't improved with practice. How sad that he has harmed so many.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2012 | flag

I was very greatfull to have Dr. Mcqueen perform my surgery. He is truthfull and straight to the point. My weight was sable. I was in great pysical condidtion. He was honest that I would not look like I was 16 again. I was on my was to compete with bodybuildidng. I Did accomplish this. Did well. Thank you Dr. Mcqueen.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2011 | flag

Absolutely a QUACK! Wish I had gone ahead and sued. Sad the medical profession would not confirm in writing or with a site such as this to be truthful about what they already knew - and he still was able to practice while other lawsuits were being filed!! SHAMEFUL

Submitted Nov. 29, 2010 | flag

I went initially for a scar revision, and was 100 lbs. He said it was easier to do a tummy tuck to remove the scar that ran vertical. The problem is, when you don't have fat there isn't alot of skin to pull so you replace one scar for another and end up with a scar that runs between your pubic bone and belly button. Worst thing is I had to gone back 2 times after that and I still need another surgery but I am happy to hear he is retired. I will certainly see somebody else.

Submitted May 4, 2010 | flag

This **** has ruined my life! After 23 hospital procedures trying to fix his surgery that perforated my septum. I now have NO septum, and bleed every day. I know all of the ENT's and have had some arterial haemorrhages as well. I did file a complaint with the CoPS, which did go on his file. After learning of his mistake, and later that night having an arterial bleed, he NEVER showed up to the hospital. I went to a different plastic surgeon (who is awesome) but had to work on the "****'s" mess. Most people know me in emerg now for my squirting nose bleeds, and they all know how I feel about him. The damage is done, I will never be the same, unless a miracle of God happens, and I will always have the worry of an arterial bleed. I do realize that I am legally responsible for what I write here, and if I can be of a witness for anyone their own lawsuit against him, please contact me. Though he has had to retire, the more people that write about his actions, the more he will feel bad.

Submitted April 1, 2010 | flag

I frequently feel guilty that I have not taken the time to report my experience with Dr. McQueen to the college of doctors and physicians. My surgery was not cosmetic, it was septoplasty to correct a deviated septum. Initial appointment was fine. Things went very bad immediately before surgery. He began talking about cosmetic changes to the tip and bridge of my nose - when I asked for confirmation that I wasn't there for rhinoplasty, his response was angry, and feeling confused and intimidated, I submitted. Sure enough, the surgery was a complete failure - my breathing problem was "significantly" worse after than before, and there was a new lump on the bridge of my nose. I then found out from multiple nurses and receptionists that Dr. McQueen is well known to be the worst surgeon in Victoria, with the highest levels of post opp complications and infections. He was belligerent and dismissive in the follow up. In my experience Dr. McQueen is cold, arrogant and incompetent.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2010 | flag

Had a breast Aug (Enlargement) horrible experience, ugly, incorrect, wrong placement, size, type - had to go back as one was poking out, flipped hurting me! He was playing golf no where to be found had to reschedule and while in surgery the new one had popped! Woke up with one!!! Had to wait till another came! Had to get them replaced as they bottomed out & almost came right through my skin! Would never recommend & still paying for it today years later :(!!!!!

Submitted Oct. 30, 2009 | flag

I had breast reduction done by Dr. McQueen a few years ago, and I was very unhappy. I found him to be rude, arrogant, beligerent, and he never gave me emotional support after the surgery. When I asked him why my nipples were white, he said that he could tatoo them, and when I asked him why my breast were deformed, he said it was due to previous breast cancer which I had on one breast, but not the other one. He has caused extensive psychological and emotional damage, and he simply did not care about how I felt when I saw him last. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone; he disfigured my breasts, and I've been waiting for a couple of years to see another plastic surgeon who will hopefully do what he could not do. I've had to live with the horror of looking at myself in the mirror, and feeling terrible because my breasts are deformed. My only saving grace is that my partner has accepted the situation, and stood by me regardless of the way they look.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2009 | flag

GOOD NEWS HE'S RETIRED. Found him to be rude dismissive when we are dealing with limb threatening injuries. Abusive to nursing staff. Took a Lets Cut and See What We Find attitude. Fortunately I had enough feedback from private and professional sources to convince me to fire him and go elsewhere before he got near me with a knife. Five surgeries and almost 2 yrs later and Im well on my way. Only connected with him because he was on call at thr time of my injury. GOOD RIDANCE!

Submitted April 23, 2008 | flag