Rate Dr. Fred Hui

Dr. Fred Hui's Ratings

I had seen Dr. Fred in 2004 and when I returned to see him this year he remembered me and my family, I could not believe the detail of his memory. However that should not surprise me! Dr. Fred is the most humble and generous person/doctor that I have ever had the priviledge to meet. AND he is way ahead of his time. From my own experience he goes way and beyond the line of duty and is an understatement. I cannot put into words the gratitude I feel for this man. He listens and he cares, and I notice it is not only with me but with all his patients, I wish everyone could experience him first hand. He never leaves a stone unturned, just keeps searching until he finds an answer. He works from his heart and essence and his sincerity and genuine concern is so refreshing.

When I came back to see Dr. Fred this year, I had been diagnosed with grade 4 lung cancer and I was a wreck, really I had heard such doom and gloom from other doctors I was giving up hope, but he had such a strong belief in me, that I could fight this disease that somehow he was able to ignite a spark in me, that reminded me that life was worth living, that instead of laying down and dying I could take charge and at least stand up to this disease, maybe even have a miracle like many, many others have had.

But the bottom line is, who knows, maybe I will live or maybe I will die but since re-connecting with Dr. Fred, I have more energy and less pain and my life has vastly improved and I feel like a different person. Thank you Dr. Fred for your wisdom and deep concern for your patients!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2682996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I first saw him in 2008. I was in such bad shape I could not even keep my eyes open long enough to watch TV and could barely hold a conversation. After no success with a traditional Endocrinologist, Dr FredHui performed multiple tests that no other doctor had performed and identified adrenal insufficiency. I was put on cortef and started to improve immediately. Every other doctor had missed this. I also did adrenal drips which helped too. I had very low cortisol and almost zero aldosterone and the adrenal drips seemed to have helped restore some adrenal function. He is way ahead of his time!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2672810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

I was absolutely impressed with Dr. Fred's knowledge and kindness the first day I met him. First of all, he and his team dedicated more than an hour in my first appointment, asking a lot of questions, doing a thorough physical examination and paying attention to all my health issues. After years of going to different specialists, Dr. Fred found the source of my problems using his integrative medicine approach. During years I suffered unbearable PMS pain, anxiety, depression and frequent infections. Different from the rest of doctors, which mainly prescribe pain killers and heavy medication (keeping the patient sick and dependant to the medications), Dr. Fred emphasized how important is to have an appropriate diet, enough sleeping (this is crucial!), exercising and stress control. He sees the body as a whole, which means symptoms and diseases should never be treated in isolation, finding always the root of the problem. Thanks to him, PMS have improved a lot, and very important, I was able to get rid of the antidepressants and retake control of my life (before him depression medication was the one controlling my life... not anymore!). I think he is the best doctor in Toronto.
Jennifer

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2668562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

I will give you an outline of my heart condition treatments and eventually being introduced to chelation with Dr. Fred and results following.
In 2006, I had a heart attack. I was sent to Newmarket Southlake Hospital for treatment. Two stents were placed in arteries.
In 2008, I had additional heart problems. I was once again sent to Newmarket Southlake Hospital. This time I had open heart surgery requiring 3 bypasses. However, within 8 months one bypass failed. At Newmarket Hospital the original stent was put back in place with another stent placed within the original stent. Within the next 8 month, problems again, found this stent plugged. Stent was cleaned and four more stents inserted, which stented a good length of this artery. Problems again next season, same stent plugged. Southlake again went in cleaned out the stent, swabbed area with medication and sent me home.
In 2012, I had heart problems again. Back to Southlake and found same stent plugged again. They went in and opened the area again, swabbed the area with a different medication than used before and told me should this not work, we will see you again within the next 8 months.
Now it’s time to seek out other help. Through a friend I was told of a friend of his taking chelation and how successful it was for him. I visited my nutritionist and got more information on chelation and was told of Dr. Fred's clinic in Barrie. Within 2 weeks of my last visit to Southlake the chest pains had started over again. I decided to call and make an appointment with Dr Hui. I took his advice and started chelation treatments immediately. I took EDTA and Plaquex treatments, one following the other. After my third treatment the heart and chest pains stopped and have not returned to this day. I took his initial number of treatments followed by monthly maintenance.
I am still taking his treatments and am a firm believer. Without his help I firmly believe I would have died within the last couple of years. I definitely feel he has saved my life. I have met many patients in his office through the last couple of years that he has helped tremendously after some of them being told from other hospitals in Toronto that “sorry, we can no longer help you” and after being treated by Dr. Fred are similar to me, healthy and happy
to be alive thanks to Dr. Fred
As you are aware these procedures are being used throughout many countries around the world and have been for years. I feel it’s time Health Canada and the College of Physicians take a realistic look at chelation and its benefits rather than flatly refusing to realize the benefits that could be reached by accepting and working together. Our country could save millions of dollars as well as save many, many lives.

Dr Hui, as a doctor and a person, is a very concerned, understanding helping man and is concerned only with our health and well being. He is very knowledgeable and has good judgment in the medical field. Dr. Hui not only helps heart patents but also people with various other problems successfully.
G.R. Vanderburg

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2666620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

Dr. Fred should be recognized as the role model for conventional medicine to aspire to. While convention medicine's focus is on treating symptoms with questionable prescription drugs, Dr. Fred takes a 'Holistic Approach" focussing on the overall health of the patient and by delving into the underlying cause of what ails the patient to affect a cure. He then implements "evidence based" protocols (mostly Alternative Medicine) to safetly and effectively solve/cure the underlying cause. The second and equally important aspect of his Holistic approach is prevention which conventional medicine under the influence/control of the pharmaceutical industry do not ascribe to. If only the medical schools were not so heavily dependant on pharmaceutical funding, they might be able to respond to the need for better education/training on prevention and safe effective alternative treatments that do not rely on the "treat the symptom with drugs cycle" to keep the perpetual cash flowing into drug company coffers.

Case in point of Dr. Fred's Alternative Approach with focus on finding the underlying cause and affecting a cure - my 90 year old mother. Conventional medicine with their specialists could not resolve my mother's pain and immobility from the severe arthritis in her knees. It reached the point where the pain in both knees was severe and she virtually could not walk at all. He implemented a two fold approach. Injecting synovial fluid into each knee along with oxidative thereapy in each knee to quell the inflammation and restore circulation within each knee. The results were instantaneous. My mother left his office virtually pain free and able to walk. The treatment is repeated every 6 months. As a result, my mother can (with the assistance of a caregiver) continue to live in her split level home with the independance so important to her.

The second ailment, and a serious one, that Dr. Fred cured was one that Doctors and various specialists, over a three year period, attempted but completely failed to provide any relief for her. She suffered from light headidness, dizziness and occassional fainting spells - as mentioned for over three years. I e-mailed Dr. Fred asking him to have a look. In one visit at the total cost of $100. he CURED her dizziness, light headidness and fainting spells My mother indicated she would have paid a million to achieve the relief Dr. Fred provided her. Dr. Fred observed that her dizzeness was exacurbated when she moved her head to the left and back. On examination and manipulation he determined her symptoms were CAUSED by "vertebral basilar insufficiency". He affectionately refered to my mother as having "a kinky" neck which restricted blood flow to her brain. He performed accupuncture along with an adjutment and my mother's symptoms IMMEDIATELY and COMPLETELY disappeared. It's been over a month since the visit and my mother continues to be 100% smptom free.

These two examples pertaining to my 90 year old mother clearly illustrate the vastly superior , safe and effective types of treatmen options Dr. Fred provides. I reasearched the oxidative therapy. It is completely evidence based, safe and widley practiced the the USA. Dr. Robert Rowen and Dr. Frank Shallenberger, who developed the therapy have listed Dr. Fred in their data base as qualified and well versed in safetly and effectively providing the oxidative therapy.

As mentioned in my opening comments, the Ontarion Medical Association should be recognizing Dr. Fred for the comprehensive evidence based therapies he provides his patients in CURING what ails them. They should be an advocate of he and his Integrative Medicine colleagues rather than viewing them in an adversarial context. The same applies to OHIP (Sure saved them a pile of taxpayer money) and the Federal Health Protection Bureau.

Bottom line, Dr. Fred genuinely cares about his patients, listens to understand their issues, delves deeply to determine the underlying cause(s) and implements safe and effective treatment(s) to cure what ails them. Dr. Fred was most respectful, never rushed my mother , communicated with me re her issues, treatments and progress to keep me in the loop. He always acknowledged and responded to my e-mails.

Victor Apa

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2663803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

He is a very caring and compassionate physician who is very informed and truly an expert in his field. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent doctor in the field of Integrative Medicine. He and his very caring, supportive and knowledgeable staff have all been a tremendous help to me!! I am very grateful for their care!! He referred me earlier this year to an excellent dentist and since I began receiving dental care from this new dentist my overall health has greatly improved!! Also, the IV treatments I've received at his office have greatly helped to alleviate the fatigue and flu-like symptoms I had experienced for over a year. I was recently in to see this wonderful doctor for right groin pain that was actually related to a right hip problem. He easily rectified this problem within minutes using Acupuncture. As a result, my right groin pain was quickly relieved, my mobility greatly improved and the range of motion in my right hip is now excellent! I thank God for this amazing doctor and his staff!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

Dr. Fred doesn't give up. He keeps going until he determines the root cause of the problem. He investigates all possible conditions contributing to the symptoms rather than discarding the symptoms when test results do not identify the cause. In a matter of weeks, he fixed a couple of problems that I have been battling for over 10 years. The following describes how I suffered prior to seeing Dr. Fred & how he has successfully treated my condition.
In August 2013, my skin started to itch with a vengeance & I started breaking out in rashes such as red scaly patches, deep lesions & water blisters all over my face, elbows, hips, buttocks, torso & ankles. My scalp was covered in scabs. The itch was relentless & extremely unbearable. My ears were so swollen that they were 3-4X thicker than normal, red, hot & extremely painful & itchy. Numerous times the swelling/heat was so intense that the inner part of my ears would burst and bleed. I was consuming endless amounts of antihistamines to no avail.
I went to see an acupuncturist about my ears. Acupuncture provided some relief so I continued with this treatment for months. I saw a number of medical practitioners including dermatologists, an allergist & immunologist.
The dermatologist wasn’t sure what these rashes were and sent me for a 2nd opinion to a dermatology clinic. I was prescribed numerous creams & nothing worked. A biopsy was to provide a definite diagnosis but the results were inflammation of the skin. Based on these results, my condition was attributed to psoriasis which was later proven to be incorrect.
The results for the traditional allergy skin test indicated no food allergies. However 15 years ago I developed an allergy to wheat/meat/dairy & had to give up these foods. I’m still bothered by the wheat/dairy & can only tolerate meat occasionally.
The immunology blood test results indicated an extremely high IGE count. Upon follow-up the doctor ignored the IGE result. I told him I obtained the results prior to this visit & my investigations revealed that a high IGE indicates a parasite &/or allergy problem. I didn’t appreciate these results being withheld & dismissed. I then had 3 parasite tests which were negative. Based on all test results, his approach was to treat the symptoms with antihistamines & periodically a drug comparable to prednisone rather than determining root cause of the problem.
In January 2014 I had another breakout of rashes/itching which was diagnosed as candida/fungus & I was prescribed prednisone & topical products. I was told there’s no underlying cause for my problem & all that can be done is to keep me comfortable with antihistamines & every so often prednisone. Again the approach was to treat symptoms rather than determining root cause of the problem. I then inquired about medicine to kill the fungus/candida internally since treating it topically would not rid me of the problem as it was only treating the symptoms and not the root cause. I was told such medications did not exist.
By this time I’d been living with no quality of life for 6 months & was terrified this was going to be my life forever. I was then introduced to Dr. Fred.
My 1st appointment with Dr. Fred was in April 2014 & lasted an hour, unlike prior medical appointments which were over in 10 minutes. On subsequent visits Dr. Fred has spent a considerable amount of time with me. It’s apparent that he has a genuine concern for my problems. He explains things in words that you can understand.
Dr. Fred quickly diagnosed fungus/candida which he treated via prescriptions, topical products & hydrogen peroxide treatments. The IV treatments provided amazing results. The bonus was that 4 other conditions I’ve had for many years improved significantly. It was a very positive experience! Dr. Fred always encourages me to research & make enquiries about his recommended treatments prior to starting them.
Although the test results for parasites were negative, given my symptoms, he felt that I did have them. He prescribed a natural remedy which cleared everything up. He also suspected I had food allergies, particularly to eggs. To confirm he did a blood test which verified allergies to eggs, crab & the dairy category & a saliva test which verified a very high allergy to gliadin (unlike the skin allergy test which indicated only an allergy to cats). With the elimination of these foods, particularly the eggs, my ears started to deflate & return to normal & my condition started to improve. Dr. Fred was absolutely right about the eggs.
Dr. Fred not only treats the symptoms but also determines the root cause of the problem. His treatments are based on integrated western & eastern medicine which is an extremely effective approach & he is exceptionally knowledgeable in both. His judgment is impeccable & his diagnostic skills are excellent. Dr. Fred is exceptional! He has helped so many people who were suffering needlessly. My introduction to Dr. Fred was a blessing. He’s one of a kind!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2654360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Excellent! The IV treatments for arthery cleanings worked. Half way through the treatment a major improvement is observed in energy level and the length of the walk taken without experiencing any jaw/chest pain. Other issues were also addressed (i.e low thyroid function, anemia) as they also affected the heart condition. The staff is very qualified and very friendly. Strongly agree with previous patients who appreciate the fact that Dr. Fred H. looks at your whole being, evaluates the whole situation and only after that he recommends an individualized treatment. Dr. Fred H. did not start the chelation therapy until he made sure all critical markers (i.e creatinine) were within levels. I wish him long life and most importantly to pass this knowledge to his talented staff for the sake of ouir future generations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

In my recent rating about my kidney stone, I failed to include that prior to acupuncture, I was experiencing pain of the kidney stone for one week. During that one week, I was hospitalized and heavily medicated with narcotics. It was only after having acupuncture that the pain subsided and I was able to pass the stone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

I developed a kidney stone that wouldn't pass. The pain was excruciating and I was unable to go to Dr. Fred's office. After having e-mailed him, he organized to have a colleague come to my home (I live in the Niagara Region) to receive acupuncture. About three or four hours after this session, I passed the stone. Dr. Fred requisitioned that the stone be analyzed in order to determine its make-up. I also received special Chinese herbal tea to ensure further healing. All of this was organized on my behalf while Dr. Fred was out of town and half an hour before his daughter's wedding. We are truly grateful for his unwavering concern and the calibre of his staff. Dr. Sung's skill with acupuncture is also to be commended.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2519613].votes_count ]]