Rate Dr. Deanna Swinamer

Dr. Deanna Swinamer's Ratings

Dr Swinamer is amazing. I started going to her 3 years ago to join my hubby to make her our family dr since we're expecting. She's so real, I love it. She has great bedside manner, and knows her stuff - and will refer you elsewhere if need be! She even takes a few minutes at the end to chat about just life in general. My hubby's entire family sees her. And actually, she was the dr who diagnosed his father with a fatal disease when doctor after doctor dismissed his cough for smokers cough. Unfortunately it was too late to save him, but the family holds her in a high place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2504562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Consider yourself very very blessed if Dr.Swinamer is your GP. She agreed to take me on as a patient when my regular GP did not handle my depression/anxiety in the manner I wanted. Dr Swinamer recognized how much pain I was in and immediately took measures to make sure I was on the road to recovery. She really goes above and beyond. When your in her office, her main concern is getting you better ASAP. She even gave me her personal phone number if I ran into any problems. She's also extremely personable and gentle and takes an interest not only in your medical issues, but your personal life. She truly is one of the best. Her staff is also very friendly and helpful. Bottom line: I have the utmost confidence in Dr.Swinamer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1823990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

shes very discouraging or any alternative medicine I've tried. I find her cold and unfriendly and generally not very helpful, very oriented toward giving me drugs for stuff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1823989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Swinamer since she moved from Calgary to Halifax (10 years?). She is the most friendly, caring, respectful, easy-going, professional,knowledgeable doctor. She takes time to know her patients and when you see her out and about in town, she always comes over and speaks to you. You can talk to her about anything. She is an excellent listener. She usually knows the answer but quickly refers to specialists when she does not. She is equally good with my baby as myself. She is very punctual but addresses concerns thoroughly. She is excellent when there is an emergency with your health-- not leaving things to the on-call Dr., but called me herself to follow through. Her receptionists are great also-- will fit you in to see her that day more often than not if there is a real concern. I feel very blessed to have her and would recommend her to anyone. The world needs more doctors like Dr. Swinamer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1823988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

Doctor Swinamer is very rude, abrupt and seems to have no care for her patients. I'm not quite sure who wrote the previous reviewsl; I would suspect she rated herself as I could not see anything decent, nor personable about this woman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1823987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2009

Dr. Swinamer is an amazing doctor! She is kind, caring, compassionate and really listens to what you have to say. She tries her best to help you with your problems, and if she doesn't know the answer, which she usually does, she will find it for you. She even gave me her cell phone number once when she wanted me to call her back about something! How many doctors even give you a direct line let alone a personal cell phone number?! No other physician I have come across! I can’t say enough about how wonderful this woman is!!! Thank you Dr. Swinamer!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1823986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

I have been going to to see Dr. Swinamer for about 9 years now. This lady is great. She shows great compassion for people, and you leave with the feeling that she realy cares about people, and their quality of life. She always has a smile, and takes time to find out about you. Best doctor I have ever been around. Thank you Deanna.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1823985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

I cannot say enough GOOD things about Deanna. She is absolutely, hands down, the best doctor my husband and I have ever been to see!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1823984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

An excellent and very empathetic person. Just the kind of person you look for in a GP. Listens to your concerns, asks pertinent questions, then offers a sound plan. Quick to make referrals when necessary- and takes the time to follow-up on those referrals. More MD's could benefit from her example. Very pleased to have her looking after our family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1823983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008

Deanna is very professional.She is usually accurate with her diagnosis and is comfortable to admit if she does not have the answer (defers to a specialist). She has an excellent bedside manner, she listens, and her questioning often gets to the root of the problem. She goes above and beyond with test follow up and explanations allowing me to fully understand and feel more enlightened and comfortable. I trust her and I would highly recommend. I really have not had long waiting times a on the days of the appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1823982].votes_count ]]