You may also like

Rate Dr. PJ Mitchell

Dr. PJ Mitchell's Ratings

Dr Mitchell is the epitome of professionalism and common sense. Whilst pregnant with twins I had the benefit of his knowledge, care and support throughout and we certainly needed him! If you're needing an exceptional Dr then look no further!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

If you have endometriosis do not see this Dr. His treatments are outdated and a waste of money and precious time. Do seek the professionals at the pelvic pain clinic in vancouver. They are winning awards for their professional treatment of endometriosis and use proven techniques and treatments that are current and work. Don't believe his statistical lies they are outdated and refuted by new research. The drugs he puts you on have very damaging and long term negative effects. Seek a second opinion at the pelvic pain clinic before you take any pills or injections, as they will not have the reported 85% effectiveness that he says they will.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2753505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

I have had years of bad experience with this doctor when I was pregnant at 16 I was having issues and he wanted to send me to Vancouver and I said I don't fly so he said ether I go or I lose the baby we'll I stayed and he was not happy and sure was not happy when I carried to full term and had a healthy baby also when I was having kid again a few years later he promised me a epidural we'll he never came back to my room Intill it was too late and I was ready to push and in a lot of pain he told me to stop my squealing and I told him to get out of the room and he got all mad walked out of the room and came back sat in a chair and said he had to be there since I'm a v back and my mid wife delivered a healthy boy he's not nice if you stand up for your self

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2689349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

i have had 3 different appointment and a surgery with Dr Mitchell. Dr Mitchell was always warm, professional and extremely attentive to my needs. Hospital staff really seem to respect him too. I really appreciate that he more on the serious side. That is kind of calming when a Dr is looking at your private area :).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

After reading the comments on this site I am noticing a pattern. If you respond to his treatment you love him. But if you are a patient who develops complications or doesnt respond to his treatments he turns into a arrogant prick. Also if you dont respond to treatment he suspects IBS. Well, sometimes treatments work and sometimes they dont, and when they dont work its not always because of IBS.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

I'd read & heard that this Dr. was hard to deal with. I don't know who they met but I think that he is wonderful. Very clear in detailing my diagnosis and providing me with treatment options along with his recommendation. I took his advice & within 5 weeks was scheduled for a Hysterectomy. The surgery was performed last week and I feel awesome! Dr. Mitchell and his team did a great job. I expected to be on bed rest for at least a week afterwards but was pleasantly surprised to be medication free (other than the anti-inflammatories) and virtually pain free within 2 days of the procedure. Thank-you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2013

Love Dr. Mitchell. Had him for as my first OB and now again for my second. He also delivered my son (luckily he was on call). His mannerism is very dry but I don't need a friend, I need him to know what he is doing and to show me that he does. He was very thorough during appointments, covering everything and answered all my questions with reassurance, and did a terrific job in the delivery room with his calming no-nonsense manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

This world needs more doctors like Dr. Mitchell who has made it his mission to help us women!!! From the time of my diagnosis til the time I was on the mend was very fast. I was gotten into surgery in record time and now 6 weeks later I had my post-op check-up. Dr Mitchell was kind, very pleasant, made me feel at ease and knows his stuff. Thank you Dr. Mitchell, I will be forever grateful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2012

This fellow is an excellent surgeon. He may not have "the best" bedside manner, but he is pleasant, not rude, explained everything I needed or wanted to know, and followed up with me. I healed very well, in the time he said. His office was able to co-ordinate the surgery time well with my son's surgery in the same week. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

When I went into NRGH after my water broke I initially saw Dr. Sommerville (whom I like) and he set me up with my epidural and wished me luck. The staff told me the Dr. on call was Dr. Mitchell and he is a more "no muss- straight to the point" kind of guy. Not much in the way of chit chat but if you need a great doctor in the OR he knows what he's doing. That's just what I found. He was very to the point, no idle chit chat. Explained what was happening to me (emerg c-section) and why I was getting one. Mind you I was pretty doped up and didn't fully understand everything.. he did an excelled job delivering my son and stopped by to see me once post-op and before discharge. My incision is neat and hasn't infected. He knows his stuff, but I wouldn't say he is the most "compassionate" person. He remained straight faced as I cried when I was told I needed a c-section. His bedside manner could use with a bit of improvement, but overall a knowledgeable dr to have

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824973].votes_count ]]