Rate Dr. PJ Mitchell

Dr. PJ Mitchell's Ratings

After reading the comments on this site I am noticing a pattern. If you respond to his treatment you love him. But if you are a patient who develops complications or doesnt respond to his treatments he turns into a arrogant prick. Also if you dont respond to treatment he suspects IBS. Well, sometimes treatments work and sometimes they dont, and when they dont work its not always because of IBS.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

I'd read & heard that this Dr. was hard to deal with. I don't know who they met but I think that he is wonderful. Very clear in detailing my diagnosis and providing me with treatment options along with his recommendation. I took his advice & within 5 weeks was scheduled for a Hysterectomy. The surgery was performed last week and I feel awesome! Dr. Mitchell and his team did a great job. I expected to be on bed rest for at least a week afterwards but was pleasantly surprised to be medication free (other than the anti-inflammatories) and virtually pain free within 2 days of the procedure. Thank-you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2013

Love Dr. Mitchell. Had him for as my first OB and now again for my second. He also delivered my son (luckily he was on call). His mannerism is very dry but I don't need a friend, I need him to know what he is doing and to show me that he does. He was very thorough during appointments, covering everything and answered all my questions with reassurance, and did a terrific job in the delivery room with his calming no-nonsense manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

This world needs more doctors like Dr. Mitchell who has made it his mission to help us women!!! From the time of my diagnosis til the time I was on the mend was very fast. I was gotten into surgery in record time and now 6 weeks later I had my post-op check-up. Dr Mitchell was kind, very pleasant, made me feel at ease and knows his stuff. Thank you Dr. Mitchell, I will be forever grateful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2012

This fellow is an excellent surgeon. He may not have "the best" bedside manner, but he is pleasant, not rude, explained everything I needed or wanted to know, and followed up with me. I healed very well, in the time he said. His office was able to co-ordinate the surgery time well with my son's surgery in the same week. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

When I went into NRGH after my water broke I initially saw Dr. Sommerville (whom I like) and he set me up with my epidural and wished me luck. The staff told me the Dr. on call was Dr. Mitchell and he is a more "no muss- straight to the point" kind of guy. Not much in the way of chit chat but if you need a great doctor in the OR he knows what he's doing. That's just what I found. He was very to the point, no idle chit chat. Explained what was happening to me (emerg c-section) and why I was getting one. Mind you I was pretty doped up and didn't fully understand everything.. he did an excelled job delivering my son and stopped by to see me once post-op and before discharge. My incision is neat and hasn't infected. He knows his stuff, but I wouldn't say he is the most "compassionate" person. He remained straight faced as I cried when I was told I needed a c-section. His bedside manner could use with a bit of improvement, but overall a knowledgeable dr to have

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Arrogant, rude and unsympathetic to the discomfort of the procedure he performed. He neither introduced himself or made eye contact me, and told me I was wasting my time and money dealing with a naturopath for my condition. I will never deal with him again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Good god people, I was warned about this doctor by several people but I can say I totally appreciated his professionalism and his hidden dry sense of humour. He put my concerns at ease and gave me options I'd never considered. My take on the warnings with regards to this Doctor's personality is that I wanted a good doctor, and I wasn't there to make friends. He was to the point, apologized due to the fact that the appointments were running behind, and didn't make me feel uncomfortable in the least. I will return to this doctor, you have to work a little harder to get him to laugh, but it's possible and the whole experience was pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Unfrotunately, another "specialist" at being arrogant. I didn't get a kind vibe from him at all. Nice receptionist but she let the voice mail play back outloud so I heard about 6 patients names while waiting. Not good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2010

I was referred to Dr Mitchell for my recent c-section and was so scared to see him after reading all the ratings on here. However I had nothing to worry about. He was excellent. I was happy with everything. He took the time to listen to me and all my fears - I was completely happy with my surgery (infact it was a second c-section and my scar looks much 'neater' and my recovery was so much better than the previous one not with him) and the follow up I received from him in the hospital and then again in his office. I have no problems in recommending him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1824969].votes_count ]]