Dr. Jeffrey M. Karp

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Jeffrey M. Karp has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

22/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3
RID: 2683841
19/06/13 5 5 4 4 Dr Karp appears to be very knowledgeable in his field but very short and abrupt with patients questions and almost seems annoyed for asking him questions. I don't think I want to continue using him as my neurologist any longer.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2625657
24/04/13 5 5 5 5 One of the best experience with a doctor' s office I have ever had. I waited only 10 minutes before the doctor saw me. He addressed all my concerns and took the time to carefully explain my problems and how to treat each one. The staff was very professional and most helpful. I did not waste half a day in the office. So far the treatments are controlling my problems.I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Karp
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2557218
12/02/13 2 2 1 1 Dr Karp hurt my neck during the exam moving it hard up and down and side to side. My hand is now numb along with increased pain in my legs pins and needles and numbness under foot. I did not have this problem when I went there. I am so distraught. I told him to be gentle and was he NO. He was quiet and said I have chronic pain, I already knew that. WENT for burning pain in body and head pain, did not have severe neck pain now I do. Find someone more gentle.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2429031
19/09/12 3 3 2 2 Dr. Karp performed a lot of tests, but had NO answers. I would never recommend him!  Respond

25/07/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jeffery" to "Jeffrey M."
RID: 1728682
04/03/12 4 5 5 5 I was recently referred to Dr. Karp and was very pleased with the quality of care I received from him and his staff. This is a single doctor practice which is rare these days and can sometimes mean long waits and difficult scheduling. I had neither problem and was brought into a room within 10min. Dr. Karp himself was professional and thorough in his questioning. He is a rather direct physician with some other reviewers referring to him as cold or elitist. I did not find this as a fault and was impressed with his knowledge and obvious experience as a neurologist. He was not quick to prescribe unnecessary medication and appreciated his honesty in the diagnosis. Highly recommended as a quality physician.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1453462
31/05/11 5 5 4 5 He is very dry, never smiles, and not very personable but I never have to wait, and he knows his stuff so I can put up with the dry personality. He has really helped me with severe headaches.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1378203
03/03/11 4 3 2 3 Does not have very good bedside manner. He is very abrupt and not very patience. You can tell if he is annoyed. He just does not seem to care. Go elsewhere if you need a neurologist.
Insurance: Tricare