Rate Dr. Lawrence Price

Dr. Lawrence Price's Ratings

Classic MD. He is very smart, scientific, and direct. I see how he can put people off (he lacks social skills), however he knows what he is doing. You don't see Dr. Price for his demeanor, you see him for his scientific skill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

Dr.Price, has horrible bed side manners, un compassionate , totally ignores you during office visits, by talking in to his tape recorder. If he can't find the problem it doesnt exist, despite confirmed diagnoses 3 other times. I had lost a huge amount of weight, in a year. I said, I can only tolerate salads, to which he replied come with me, he performed a very aggressive rectal exam and said " oh I have confirmed that u only ate salads" I was so shocked. He eventually dumped me on another GI, couldn't fiqure it out and when I decided to question his diagnoses, he was mad. I went to the old GI at the time, and he confirmed, the diagnoses of idiopathic pancreatitis . Please seek younger forward thinkers if you r I'll, as thinking out side of his perspective is not something he will do. If u feel uncomfortable get second opinion!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1825474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2012

My personal patient-doctor experience with Dr. Price was a positive one. He showed good bedside manners during the colon screen procedure, he was courteous for a specialist medical doctor. Two days after the procedure, I wasn’t feeling well so my wife called his office and he personally called us back and asked me to check in at Foothills emergency, where they already knew I was coming. He showed up beside my bed at the intake emergency room, screened me, talked with the doctor on duty, personally went to the lab and checked my abdominal X-Rays. He also talked to my wife who was waiting in the emergency waiting area, confirming my last two days episode’s symptoms with her, being very supportive and polite. Based on my standards this means professionalism at its highest, and a carrying attitude. Thank you Dr. Price!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1825472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2012

I have had several rectal exams over the last 40 years and always wondered why people complained about them, now I know why! OUCH! He asks questions, but does not listen very well and beside manner is leas than acceptable. He will never see my face again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1825471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2011

I have seen Dr price for over 30 years! If not for him I would have kept suffereing to find out what was wrong with me! He doesnt always have the best beside manner but he is a GREAT doctor! My diagnosis of Crohns disease was at 18 and he was the only one to diagnose it after a year of visiting doctors! You want a good doctor not necessarily a buddy! He knows his stuff!! Thank you Dr. price!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1825470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2011

I arrived for my first appointment nervous, realising the personal nature of the impending examination. Dr Price said the examination would not be painful, but it was, and I felt like he was very impersonal about it all - not a good bedside manner for a dr. My feeling was he rushed through the whole appointment, and quite frankly I felt like a number, nothing more. Don't want to go back nor do I want him to do my colonoscopy, am going to request my file be transferred to another specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1825469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1825473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

I was kinda freaked out to see him after reading the comments on this site, but I found him to be knowledgeable and nice. He obviously acts like a doctor - doesn't always seem to be listening, speculates about behaviour that you're not telling him about; doesn't have social skills like, say your realtor, but um, he's a doctor. They are always like that. So anywho, for a specialist, he is just fine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1825468].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2011

My experience in seeing Dr. Price for over 10 years is that he is knowlegeable and thorough. He has looked after me well. I get the impression that he genuinely cares about his patients, their well being and their future well being. Dr. ùprice accurately diagnosed my problems, had me feeling better quickly, and has managed my problems sympathetically for since diagnosis. Thank you Dr. Price!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1825467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2009

Dr. Price discounted a whole series of symptons for celiacs disease: positive blood test, thyroid disease, alternating constipation- diarrhea. He said I didn't look celiac and suggested using Metamucil. After my colonoscopy, his office didn't send my doctor my colonoscopy report even though there were some abnormalities. He was condescending and treated me like I was hysterical. Only after getting sicker did I see another GI doctor who confirmed celiacs disease. I cannot recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1825466].votes_count ]]