Rate Dr. Desmond Van Jaarsveldt

Dr. Desmond Van Jaarsveldt's Ratings

I love dr van! He is so friendly, easy to talk to, and really seems like he cares. Best dr I have ever had! When I have questions he answers them and makes sure I Understand everything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I first met Dr Van as a walk-in patient over a decade ago and was immediately impressed by his friendly manner....pleased that he has his own clinic and although it is further from my home, I wouldn't dream of having anyone else as my family doctor. He is thorough and always answers my queries and concerns with the utmost respect and consideration. He cares deeply for all of his patients and his "regulars" always get a big hug or handshake when they leave his office. Truly a gifted physician!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Dr. Van is the best doctor one can ask for. My husband and I have recently moved to another province, and each time we are asked "What is the one thing you miss most from Winnipeg?" we always answer "Dr. Van!" He is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and will always address all of your concerns. At the same time, he has a great sense of humor and he knows how to lower your stress levels by just laughing about it all. He is not always on time, but he is so much worth the wait. He is just an incredible doctor and person.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2493484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Dr. Van is a wonderful doctor who takes the time that is necessary to address his patients' needs. He is kind and considerate- really like an old fashioned doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1826597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. Van is one of the best doctors I have ever had. Caring, considerate, thorough, friendly, comfortable, compassionate. He always listens, asks questions, answers, explains and makes sure you understand. His staff will do what they can to slide you in if something urgent arises. I did have to be fair and say he is not always punctual. This can be tough sometimes waiting, but he never rushes anyone. He is more than worth the wait. If you prefer to know what is going on with your health, leaving feeling cared for, like someone has your back, Dr. Van is your man. :) Perfect bedside manner to ensure you trust and never feel like a number. No matter how sick I am, after seeing him I already feel better. Amazing human being.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1826596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2013

I'm quite surprised to see Dr. Van's great ratings. He was my doctor for several years and was never on time, always friendly but rather unwilling to take some concerns seriously and once made the error of ignoring my test results and suggesting I stay on a medication that even his secretary admitted I should not- as the lab results indicated it should be changed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1826599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2012

best doctor ever i wish hey could be cloned,we need a hole winnipeg of this doctor ,very knowledgeable

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1826595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2012

I did not feel as though my concerns were taken seriously. Though he is generally very friendly and personable, he made some comments regarding my concerns which I felt were inappropriate and unnecessary. I was visibly upset. He did give me a referral and ordered the tests I felt I needed, but he did so reluctantly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1826598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2012

I was Blessed to have Dr. Jaarsveldt as my Family doc. I came to Canada, had him as a walk-in, then apparently such was my main physician. The best description in the dictionary will not be enough to say what a great doctor he is. i have met only a hand full of people who were this passionate in their field of professional expertise. My doctor was able to explain me a medical condition so simply that if he was my Med instructor that i might have succeed in medicine, and i barely passed high school chemistry class. But in all seriousness REGRETTABLY i wish we had more doctors like him so that more Canadian..., actually anyone anywhere, would be cared for with his high caliber of professionalism. Dr. V Jaarsveldt, thank you for what you do. We NEED more people like such. Universal health care is great for an immigrant, but a doctor like you is better for all Canadians who has you as their physician. again THANK YOU DR. VAN keep up the good work.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1826594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2011

It's too bad there aren't more individuals like Dr. Van, because he is truly one of a kind when it comes to physicians who have the knowledge and bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1826593].votes_count ]]