Rate Dr. Roxanne G. Carfora

Dr. Roxanne G. Carfora's Ratings

RUDE STAFF! They Made mistakes that were detrimental to my health. I wasted my time and money going to this practice. I wish i would have chosen a more attentive practive and a knowledgable one too. No return phone calls either. I do not wish this doctors office on anyone.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Carfora is the best, as a doctor and human being. She has been my doctor for 15 years...She listens and puts the patient first...

Submitted May 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Carfora herself is lovely and caring. Unfortunately, you have to get past the office staff, and renewing a prescription can be frustratingly difficult, not to mention dangerous. The phones go unanswered, lines are not working, and the hours are capricious. I have taken to stopping by the office as it is pretty much the only way to speak with staff.

Submitted May 14, 2010 | flag

You will have to wait to see her, but she is well worth the wait in her office. She will not rush you and she'll listen to what you have to say.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2009 | flag

Wait 2-3 months for a visit. Unattentive doctor. Told I would see Dr Carfora, on arrival pushed off on a physicians Assistant. During the visit we dicovered there were none of our records were at the Office(Office moved to a new location a year ago)Doc had all the records at her HOME. Tried to CHARGE me 25 cents a copy to get them there…. Office never returns phone calls,on test results, Blood or any follow up. Line is busy from 9am-12pm, when I do get through, there is a recording that the office is out to lunch. Continuing to call after lunch, the line is busy again, only to get through at 5-6pm with a recording that the office is closed and will re-open sometimes DAYS later. VERY high turnover of staff, P.A.’s, N.P.’s, and other MD’s that share the practice. Including the high turnover of alternative business incorporated into a SO CALLED “center for healthy living”. Practice is an insensitive revolving door of collecting copays. Disorganized mess, very unprofessional.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2009 | flag

Went to Dr. Cafora several times. Although she is a very good MD, I call ahead b/f going to my appointment to verify she's ontime. Today's appointment is at 11am and when I called, the receptionist stated she still had 3 appt's waiting to see her from the 10am hour and to come in at 12pm. I have learned not to make appointments on my lunch hour anymore. Also, she won't be honoring UHC insurance anymore in Sept.

Submitted July 7, 2009 | flag

this is for those of you who rate this doctor/office poorly. you think she has become greedy. a good doctors office is always full. do you know for a visit for a b12 shot that she only gets reimbursed by the insurance company a mere .25 cents. she use to only get $25.00 for a hospital visit at all hours. yeah you have a wait, a wait for the best. have you been elsewhere. you wait for a "ok, buy this med, see you next time." she on the other hand gives up her lunch time to see you. she is a human being. she has helped me during bad financial times. not only me but others that i have brought to her office without insurance. you people are spoiled/want everything handed to you on a silver platter with the toppings. what stonybrook doctors could not help me with she did. stop being drama queens/face reality. show some appreciation when you find something good. BE THANKFUL THAT GOD HAS PUT SOMEONE LIKE HER ON THIS EARTH! you're lucky she just doesn't turn her back and walk away from it all

Submitted June 4, 2009 | flag

If possible,things are worse.The staff still leaves you on hold forever. Never an appt. available for months.Then when you get to see Dr. Carfora she NOW rushes your visit.She is still very sweet,kind and polite but this not the same Dr. I have been with for 15 years. As for the office staff nothing has changed.It is now time for me to look for a new Dr.,this really saddens me greatly.

Submitted April 3, 2009 | flag

Love Dr. Carfora - she is caring and intelligent, even though you can't get an appointment with her for months and there's always a long wait. Her staff is incompetent and phone service is horrific. Too many problems with them to list here. I've been going there for 12 years and practice got too big - patients are not being taken care of thoroughly. Noticed major mistakes being made with me that could have jeopardized my health. searching for a new doc.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2008 | flag

I love Dr. Carfora but everytime I try to see her they give me the covering doctor, I think the problem is with her office staff which I find very incompetent. I think that if she had a better office manager the practice would be 100% better.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2008 | flag