You may also like

Rate Dr. Darryl Ableman

Dr. Darryl Ableman's Ratings

Don't come here if you need care!! I came here seeking help for my icbc claim, and when the staff went to ask the dr if he can see me, he yelled at her and said he only sees 5 walk in a day and that he was mad she even askEd!
There was only one patient in the room at 10:30 am. This is supposed to be a walk in clinic and he refused to take care of me! I feel sorry for the staff here to put up with that, he obviously does not care about patients or his employees. #rudedr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2852749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Accepting new patients in his new office but playing extremely "hard to get". First, "Potential Patient" must fill out a three-page of questionnaires, then make an appointment to come back in a couple of weeks for an "interview" to see if he/her qualifies as his new patient or not.

During the day of the "appointment" (a.k.a "interview"), the office called LAST MINUTE to cancel the appointment saying the doctor is done and had gone for the day! Will need to re-schedule an appointment for the "interview" some other time.

Simply the most "play hard-to-get", "inconsiderate", and "irresponsible" doctor I have ever met in my life!

My rating: Staff 1
Punctuality: 0 (Anything below O?)
Helpfulness: 0 (Anything below 0?)
knowledge: Totally lack of kindness and consideration!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2835149].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 11, 2015

In 2013 the government negotiated 132.4 million with the Doctors of B.C in 2013. There were 200,000 British Columbians in need of a family doctor in 2013, according to Statistics Canada’s 2014 Canadian Community Health Survey. That’s up from 176,000 in 2010.

This pain has forced consumers to drive miles and miles to new doctors opening up clinics locally. They have also forced doctors to see an over than average patient load exhausting them. The idea of patient care and patient - doctor relationships goes out the window and the result is # counting. This is a serious 1st world problem that we need to fix. A churn out more doctors will deal with the immediate problem, and with a growing population hopefully create a new culture that all patients regardless of time of day are human beings who deserved to be helped. Our government has turned this profession into a "counting patients" business rather than a help your fellow human calling.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2832995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

He has been our family GP since my son was born 11 years ago. He is phenomenal with my kids, both love going to see him for medical attention and both swear they have never had a vaccination, but they are full vaccinated thanks to Dr. Ableman's "muscle tests" that keep my kids distracted and quickly provide the immunity they need.

Dr. Ableman also is in line with my thinking that bugs don't need drugs until they really do and he doesn't prescribe amoxicillin for everything under the sun, he is ethical in his prescribing and prescribes what will work the first time.

He is easy to talk to, calm, and speaks his mind which sometimes I don't want to hear, but it makes me think and consider my health and well-being. He is not going to tell you what you want to hear and he'll treat the problem as it is presented to him so if you are thorough, so will he be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2819725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Great doctor. Extremely knowledgeable. Dr.Ablemans has been my doctor for years and has always been knowledgeable and helpful. Best Dr. ever!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Ableman has been our primary care physician for over 11 years. He has been my prenatal caregiver for 6 out of 8 of my children, 2 of whom were preterm. Each delivery I have been left knowing that his wisdom and knowledge had mine and my baby's best interest at heart. I had one delivery he was not able to make it to, and decisions made by the on call Dr would not have been made, had Dr Ableman been there. After having 3 deliveries with three different doctors, and five deliveries with Dr. Ableman, I can confidently say that I would not be at peace having my prenatal care elsewhere.
Postpartum care is phenomenaI, as Dr. Ableman is very diligent in the first weeks to monitor both mom's well being, and the baby. He goes well beyond the "five days, then one month" of most practices, which is the only reason why the hospital allowed me to take my pre term baby home from the nicu.
I have found Dr. Ableman to be reserved and wise in his decisions, and not quick to "jump" which has always left me feeling that if he is advising something, I should likely do/take it. Although he has a quiet disposition, if you have questions, he will take the time to answer all of them in detail, and is not quick to rush on. Very rarely have I left not understanding my situation.
I love how he responds to the children. He is patient and respects my young son who has many questions. Now that we have moved, we still travel an HOUR (one way) for an appointment. I highly recommend Dr. Ableman!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2765644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr ableman has been my
Gp for years now and I appreciate his knowledge and advice! He is a great gp and a fantastic obgyn

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2669278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

Dr Ableman is the best doctor I have ever had in my entire life. There have been multiple times in my life where I have gone to a walk in clinic and doctors have come up with the wrong diagnosis but when I brought these issues up to doctor Ableman he was able to address and solve them in one visit. He is the best

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2655383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Dr. Ableman is a shockingly rude and arrogant person who makes you feel stupid and humiliated. I will never go back to him again.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2610186].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Dr. Ableman is a great doctor. I am pregnant and feel very safe in his care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2566238].votes_count ]]