Rate Dr. Phillip Walter

Dr. Phillip Walter's Ratings

I am writing on behalf of a former client who had visited Dr Walters after her longtime GP had retired. After a short consult he informed he could not be her Dr because of the meds her former had prescribed for fibromyalgia. I too am taking the same meds for my fibromyalgia and am doing well although I have a very knowledgable and realistic Dr. After reading the many negative comments about Dr Walters it's amazing he makes 500,00 per year... Must be the terrible shortage of GP's

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2738680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

I wish These scorings went into the minuses because this douche bag does not even deserve a 1. As you see from all the reviews we all need to go find another family doctor, real quick before all our lives are in jeopardy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2721297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

After a completely rude experience with Dr. Jacques West of Medimax Health Centres Langley, I was looking for a new family Doctor. I have ongoing issues after getting hit by a car and my file is with about 5 different medical clinics/hospitals. As an accepted patient, I have had no issues with him. He's soft spoken, and listens to what is going on, then makes a recommendation, for me natural vitamins and exercises - not prescriptions like every other GP/Walk-in Dr. has. He has been on time, and takes the time to hear me out and I'm surprised there are so many reviews here that show he doesn't care. I don't get that at all and I'm a disgruntled 28 yr old male who more often than not needs an attitude adjustment..

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2673572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

Dr. Walter always rushed my appointment and seemed not care about his patient at all. Only answered what I asked and never actively approached patient for questions.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2563892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

My LATE husband went to Dr. Walters until he died in 2011. Dr. Walters couldn't find anything wrong with him but when he finally said he should go to emergency. The hospitalist looked in the curtain and called me out to tell me that my husband had severe lymphatic cancer. He died 4 days later of a massive coronary which Dr. Walters didn't mention although he had had a TMA in 2010. He didn't even bother to give me the result of my husband's autopsy, just left it on the counter for me to pick up.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2539150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Why should he care, he is collecting $ 500,000.00 doing nothing!!!!!!. zero skills, zero knowledge

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2455415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I was looking for a Family Doctor and was surprised that there was a doctor accepting new patients nearby. After visiting Doctor Walter I can see now that many people would not choose to have him as Family Doctor. I won't. He simply did not seem to care... about me, about his work, and, I had the impression, he does not care much about his own life.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2455414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

RUN! If you can go see another doctor - You should. This guy should not be in medicine...I could care less if he had "personality" if he did what was necessary to get to the bottom of things and advocated for his patients, but he doesn't. He's too afraid to say anything other than the status quo, and he's too jaded to care. He is a "maintainer" don't count on much more unless you really push the envelope, and even at that, don't count on it.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1828810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2012

If there is another doctor, do not go to THIS doctor. He has no personality. He's way too busy and that affects his quality of care. He doesn't seem to care that much. Definitely not good with seniors. Someone who should have gone into insurance or accounting, definitely not medicine!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1828808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2011

He was an idiot when I used to see him. He couldn't tell me why my infant daughter(who is now six) was continually getting ear infections. I was having painful stomach issues and he asked if they were causing weight loss. I said no and he told me if he fixed my stomach trouble, I would just eat more and get fat. He was constantly asking me what tests I thought I needed...um, who's the doctor here?? The last straw was when I went in VERY depressed (I have chronic depression and my meds were no longer helping) and he told me if cutting myself made me feel better(something I had been fighting against since my teens) to go ahead and do it as long as I wasn't trying to kill myself. Even in the state I was in at the time, I knew he was off his blinking rocker and thankfully I had matured enough NOT to take his advice. I NEVER went back after that. What a QUACK!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1828807].votes_count ]]