Rate Dr. Phillip Walter

Dr. Phillip Walter's Ratings

Why should he care, he is collecting $ 500,000.00 doing nothing!!!!!!. zero skills, zero knowledge

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

I was looking for a Family Doctor and was surprised that there was a doctor accepting new patients nearby. After visiting Doctor Walter I can see now that many people would not choose to have him as Family Doctor. I won't. He simply did not seem to care... about me, about his work, and, I had the impression, he does not care much about his own life.

Submitted May 31, 2014 | flag

RUN! If you can go see another doctor - You should. This guy should not be in medicine...I could care less if he had "personality" if he did what was necessary to get to the bottom of things and advocated for his patients, but he doesn't. He's too afraid to say anything other than the status quo, and he's too jaded to care. He is a "maintainer" don't count on much more unless you really push the envelope, and even at that, don't count on it.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2012 | flag

If there is another doctor, do not go to THIS doctor. He has no personality. He's way too busy and that affects his quality of care. He doesn't seem to care that much. Definitely not good with seniors. Someone who should have gone into insurance or accounting, definitely not medicine!

Submitted Nov. 14, 2011 | flag

He was an idiot when I used to see him. He couldn't tell me why my infant daughter(who is now six) was continually getting ear infections. I was having painful stomach issues and he asked if they were causing weight loss. I said no and he told me if he fixed my stomach trouble, I would just eat more and get fat. He was constantly asking me what tests I thought I needed...um, who's the doctor here?? The last straw was when I went in VERY depressed (I have chronic depression and my meds were no longer helping) and he told me if cutting myself made me feel better(something I had been fighting against since my teens) to go ahead and do it as long as I wasn't trying to kill myself. Even in the state I was in at the time, I knew he was off his blinking rocker and thankfully I had matured enough NOT to take his advice. I NEVER went back after that. What a QUACK!

Submitted Oct. 4, 2010 | flag

Well, well, well....GUESS WHAT? I was a patient of Dr. Philip Walter some years ago when I was had some really serious health issues. He was always snide, cold, un-helpful...etc..etc..just as so many others have already written. I DUMPED HIM after some particularly rude comments he made to me. Well, today (28 Jun, 2010) I went to our local walk-in clinic at Surrey Central City, and GUESS WHO is "doctoring" there now? You nailed it! I guess Walter wasn't making it on his own anymore. No bloody wonder!

Submitted June 28, 2010 | flag

His bedside manner has improved over the years. His staff - needs improvement. They make rude remarks about people on the phone after they hang up and patients in the waiting area can hear it loud and clear = not very professional. He could think about going computerized with his records some day soon.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2010 | flag

most unsympathetic doctor I've come across unwilling to probe for answers beyond a prescription needs a better understanding of seniors' issues does not inspire confidence at all

Submitted April 1, 2009 | flag

Walter has been my doctor for almost my entire life and he has always been able to help me through anything and everything.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2009 | flag

My husband got him because he was the only one we found who had hospital rights because my husband had Huntington Disease.When he got so bad he was choking on his food he went to see Dr Walter and didn't want a feeding tube thinking he'd be in a nursing home. He was told no he would be able to go home. When he decided he wanted the feeding tube he said to him "So now you want to live"? I was so shocked I didn't know what to say to him. He made it sound like it would make much difference anyway, what a rude horrible thing to say. Unfortunately my husband did pass away at Christmas that year but that whole office has nothing but mean, rude people working there. My daughter goes there also due to shortage of drs. He is not helpful at all when it comes to my granddaughters. He shrugs things off like they aren't important.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2008 | flag