Rate Dr. John P. Cimino

Dr. John P. Cimino's Ratings

Worse doctor ever! He ruined my life. Thank God I am alive after he butchered me. Sorry SOB.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I was a sent to Dr Cimino for my first pregnancy because my original OB no longer delivered children. Thus I was sent to him due to his calm " Californian" attitude. He was just what i needed for my first pregnancy, calm , helpful, and his staff was wonderful. Always answered my questions and was just there for me when I needed them. Delivery went smooth and I thought I had found THE Dr! I would be so wrong!
A few weeks ago I did what most women did when their period was late. I peed on a stick which told me I was positive. The big words PREGNANT flashed on the digital screen and sent my head reeling. So i called my Dr and set up an appointment so that i would be able to start prenatal as well as another appointment for the first ultrasound. Everything was going well, until one night when i started to spot. Red blood was seen and enough of it to cause fear, alarm , panic, and a flood of tears. I called the office, and revived a phone call back within 30 min. Dr Cimeno stated that i was still early in the pregnancy and to go to the Emergency room was for naught since nothing would likely show in an ultrasound. He then instructed me to go to his office first thing the next day so that blood work could be drawn to find out what was happening. I did as instructed, and even called his office several times to inform them of my coming. However, although they state that they office opens at 8:30 the phones don't get switched over until well after 9 sometimes. When asked why the usual excuse if problems with the phone. I drove to the office and was met by the receptionist who stated that they persons in charge of the lab work where not there that day ( this was after i already called them) and i would have to go down the street to another lab who would do it ASAP. I did again as told, and was met with a nurse who told me they don't do STAT blood work , and it would be Monday before anything got back. I called ( twice) again to the office, and they said i would have to go to another facility , to come back and get paperwork. I did and finally ( 1 hr later) had blood drawn. I waited anxiously. No call. I was explicitly told by the staff that I would receive a call from the DR letting me know what was happening. What I got was nothing. A blank phone end with no results and no Dr telling me what was happening to my baby.
Still bleeding I didn't know what to do but i was fearing the worst. Another day passed and now we are on Sunday Morning . My bleeding went from spotting to a full on river. I knew my deepest fears where now a reality. I went to the ER. After tests, blood work, ultrasounds, and pelvic exams, indeed my baby was now in heaven. A miscarriage had resulted.
Monday morning ( next day) I waited for their phones to open and explained what happened. I was met with the knowledge that the Dr nor nurse would be in until 1 pm. When asked about the blood work I was told they got it but that was all. I was then instructed to come in and have more blood work done at the end of the week to ensure m hormone levels had fallen.
Fast forward to today. I called and was told to come on in, that it was not a problem. I also asked to speak to the nurse about the blood results as well as other questions I had. I was told no problem. I arrived 20 min later and had my blood drawn. Mid draw the nurse came by with paperwork and told me that it was hard to read the results because i had gone to two different labs ( which again they are the ones who sent me to ). That I should wait for these labs to come in . Then she walked off. WHAT???? I just lost a baby , have questions and YOU walk away like its no big deal?!?! I went after her and asked her what all this ment. Again I was greeted with a response of " wait". Then she walked off, apparently having more important things to do. I yelled after her, but it fell on deaf ears. I am floored. Then I asked when I would get the results of this test, and she said I'll email the nurse to be on the lookout for them so she can call you... hopefully tomorrow.
Are you kidding me?? This practice USED to be great, friendly and understanding. Are you getting to big for your britches???? Because I am not pregnant anymore you just don't care? Well news flash people, I was pregnant and lost my baby, now i turn to you guys the Drs and nurses to instruct me on what to do, on what happened. Not toss me away because you won't be getting more money! Never have I been so hurt, so un-cared for! I will no longer be using them and will be seeking better service elsewhere!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Cimino for 4 years. I had an exceptional experience with my first pregnancy and delivery with him and his staff. I have continued to enjoy a great relationship with him and his staff through my annuals, labs and wellness consults. He tailors his care to our fitness goals and all-natural preferences. Hope to have him in the delivery room again with us in the future! Highly recommend him for OB and aesthetic care!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Dr Cimino has been our family obgyn and gynecologic Dr since I was a teenager he IA an amazing family man as he lives next to my grandmother. He is short and to the point but is always willing to explain and discuss anything you have a want to discuss he may come off a little brash at times but I suppose that is because he has confidence in his abilities. I value his opinion and expertise so much that he has delivered my first child and will be my second as well even though my drive is over an hour for each visit and my delivering hospital

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I started going to Dr Cimino earlier this year and I think he is fantastic! I love his nurse and his office staff, too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Dr. Cimino has been my ob/gyn for 11 years. 3 children, 2 miscarriages, 3 surgeries and countless injections for endometriosis later.... I would NEVER consider another physician!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1829862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2013

Dr Cimino performed the DaVinci Robotic Hysterectomy on me on Apr 4, 2013. The surgery went extremely well. It was the best decision for my spouse and I. I have experienced zero complications. I highly recommend Dr Cimino for your surgery needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1829861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Dr. Cimino is wonderful in my opinion. I am a diabetic and he is always concern with my blood sugar levels. He answers everyone of my questions, no matter what they were or how many I have. I got an infection at the site where my insulin pump goes into my stomach and Dr. Cimino saw me the day that I called and treated me for that also. He told me to come to him for everything while I was pregnant. I am so glad I could go to his office to be seen about this matter because I know he knows what is best for me and my unborn baby, and will not give me any medication that wasn't safe. I thank God that I was able to find Dr. Cimino. :) Oh, I also had a c-section with a previous birth and years later I am pregnant again and Dr. Cimino is going to let me try to have a VBAC and I am so glad about that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1829860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2012

After spending years w/an ob/gyn who was 1.) Did not care for the fact I do not want children’s 2.) Made very inappropriate remarks about my tan lines 3.) Keeps the "routine checkup's" waiting up to two hours then has the audacity to spend an entire 3 minutes with you and 4.) Has the most unfriendly staff possible (YES ERIC TALLENT I MEAN YOU!!!) I found Dr. Cimino. No, he is not the instant warm doctor type but he knows his field and gets to the point. He really, really cares as well. If you feel he spends no time w/you give ole boy Eric Tallent a shot...he gives a whole new meaning to "wham bam thank you mum'!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1829859].votes_count ]]