You may also like

Rate Dr. Charles Lynde

Dr. Charles Lynde's Ratings

Generally always a wait, but excellent knowledge, gracious, good humor, great skills in treatment.
I think from the comments, most of the 1/5 ratings below thought they were rating him at 5/5

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2797256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Got the best care imaginable. Truly a brilliant man!! Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2796152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

Dr Lynde is very effective and knowledgable. Suspect he has good comnections with pharma industry (not in prejorative sense) and is at leading edge of climical based knowledge. Staff appears to be under heavy load and stressed - who isn't anymore, and feel they are trying to do the best they can.
Medicine is a business and when scaled, like any other ROI and other factors lead to collateral challenges. If the pendulum swings too much in favour of corporate need - it'll be shame for patient experience but then we need to be willing to prioritize - meaning choosing between alternatives which can mean be willing to pay or make trade offs to preserve.
Within that context I'm unaware of a better option in the region for effective treatment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2660900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

Visiting Dr. Lynde's new offices is a pleasure. Of course there is a wait as each case seen presents different problems and therefore would be difficult to schedule exactly. I don't mind the wait and I come prepared. the Staff are pleasant and patient and Dr. Lynde is a gracious, knowledgeable and charming fellow who never sends you away without an answer. I feel very fortunate to have a specialist as well acknowledged by those in his own profession. All in all, a good medical experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2660803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

Staff is a nightmare. They need to take some clinical management classes. I am more than happy to donate a fone line to their clinic so they can answer ppls fones

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2637952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

My reference is marked urget, it was sent in 2 months ago and i have not had a call. Trying to call and there's no answer. Going to leave an email, hopefully this works on my urgent matter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

I started seeing Dr. Lynde recently, and he has been excellent. Great tact and personality, and extremely helpful as a doctor. He is very busy as a dermatologist and getting your first appointment can take some time, but after that first appointment, the wait times are quite reasonable. Many skin specialists in Ontario are quite busy too, so having to wait a bit is expected. I highly recommend Dr. Lynde!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

My first experience with Dr Lynde wasn't too bad, once I finally got in to see him. It takes a long time to book an appointment as he's very busy (understandable), but the wait times are pretty long.

My issue is the office staff, and the professionalism in its entirety. They never pick up the phone, don't have voicemail, are fairly rude and disorganized when they do answer, and never call back. I filed for a prescription refill three times through my pharmacist; once a week for three consecutive weeks. They didn't receive a single response from his office and after calling them a dozen or so times, the receptionist informed me I would need to get another referral and he wouldn't refill until I saw him again. This would have been great information three weeks previous, had he taken a minute to reply. They suggested I go back to my doctor, get a referral and then book another appointment with him - this process would take ~8 months based on previous experience.

I understand they have process, but he had refilled before and never said a thing. To just go dark on myself and the pharmacist, and then receive attitude from this receptionist is outrageous.

To put into perspective, I've maybe done four online reviews in my life, the other three for outstanding service. Avoid this office at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2492302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

l had an appointment with this doctor today. The website lists two different locations for Lynde dermatology. I didn't know which one to go to so I tried calling and calling but there was no response (answer or call back). I finally decided just to go to one of the locations early and check in person since the locations were right across the street from each other. When I got there the receptionist informed me I was at the wrong location but the other location was no longer right across the street as they had moved recently and not yet updated their locations on the website. When I informed her I had tried calling she admitted they had been having problems with the phone line. I've been at the right location for an hour now and still have not been called in to see the doctor. Extremely disappointing. At this point I'm thinking about just walking out and going somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2484431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I would never recommend Dr. Lynde or his clinics to anyone. The staff are rude and terrible with follow up, Dr. Lynde himself does not dedicate adequate time to his patients who wait months for appointments and then spend at least an hour in the waiting room on the day of to see him. These clinics are so popular I had really high hopes that they would be able to treat the rash I developed out of the blue on my face but after 8 months all I had were 2 different diagnoses, half a dozen prescriptions and a rash that spread. Dr. Lynde and his colleagues do not seem to think it's an issue for someone to spend so long with this type of problem, they completely lacked empathy and dealing with this office overall was a frustrating, useless waste of time.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1830639].votes_count ]]