Rate Dr. Charles Lynde

Dr. Charles Lynde's Ratings

I started seeing Dr. Lynde recently, and he has been excellent. Great tact and personality, and extremely helpful as a doctor. He is very busy as a dermatologist and getting your first appointment can take some time, but after that first appointment, the wait times are quite reasonable. Many skin specialists in Ontario are quite busy too, so having to wait a bit is expected. I highly recommend Dr. Lynde!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

My first experience with Dr Lynde wasn't too bad, once I finally got in to see him. It takes a long time to book an appointment as he's very busy (understandable), but the wait times are pretty long.

My issue is the office staff, and the professionalism in its entirety. They never pick up the phone, don't have voicemail, are fairly rude and disorganized when they do answer, and never call back. I filed for a prescription refill three times through my pharmacist; once a week for three consecutive weeks. They didn't receive a single response from his office and after calling them a dozen or so times, the receptionist informed me I would need to get another referral and he wouldn't refill until I saw him again. This would have been great information three weeks previous, had he taken a minute to reply. They suggested I go back to my doctor, get a referral and then book another appointment with him - this process would take ~8 months based on previous experience.

I understand they have process, but he had refilled before and never said a thing. To just go dark on myself and the pharmacist, and then receive attitude from this receptionist is outrageous.

To put into perspective, I've maybe done four online reviews in my life, the other three for outstanding service. Avoid this office at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

l had an appointment with this doctor today. The website lists two different locations for Lynde dermatology. I didn't know which one to go to so I tried calling and calling but there was no response (answer or call back). I finally decided just to go to one of the locations early and check in person since the locations were right across the street from each other. When I got there the receptionist informed me I was at the wrong location but the other location was no longer right across the street as they had moved recently and not yet updated their locations on the website. When I informed her I had tried calling she admitted they had been having problems with the phone line. I've been at the right location for an hour now and still have not been called in to see the doctor. Extremely disappointing. At this point I'm thinking about just walking out and going somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I would never recommend Dr. Lynde or his clinics to anyone. The staff are rude and terrible with follow up, Dr. Lynde himself does not dedicate adequate time to his patients who wait months for appointments and then spend at least an hour in the waiting room on the day of to see him. These clinics are so popular I had really high hopes that they would be able to treat the rash I developed out of the blue on my face but after 8 months all I had were 2 different diagnoses, half a dozen prescriptions and a rash that spread. Dr. Lynde and his colleagues do not seem to think it's an issue for someone to spend so long with this type of problem, they completely lacked empathy and dealing with this office overall was a frustrating, useless waste of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1830639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2013

Dr Charles Lynde was knowledgeable and thorough I instantly felt at ease I have been to so many doctors in the last year and this is the first time I left an office feeling entirely hopeful that an end is near to my ongoing ordeal. My appointment was for 1:30pm and I got in right away I had a consultation a biopsy and an injection along with information that I actually understood and was back out of the office by 2pm I cant say enough about how much my appt today has minimized my stress level THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DR LYNDE!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1830638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2013

The other comments about arriving with an appointment, and then having to wait 2 to 3 hours beyond that time is true. Absolutely brutal. The staff is not helpful at all as they refuse to give you any idea about how long you will have to wait. Waiting room was completly jammed and people had to sit on the floor in the hallway outside. First you wait in line to see the outer reception where you get a clipboard and have to fill in some information. You then take it to the inside reception and wait some more. When your turn comes, you are ushered into one of several treatment rooms where you wait some more. Once in front of the doctor, he seems proficient and friendly. The bottom line is that they have to find a system that will give some meaning to appointment times instead of the cattle call that exists now. I know Dr. Lynde's time is important, but it is just as important to his patients who should not be made to waste an entire morning or aftertoon for a 15 min visit with the Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1830637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

Dr. Lynde may be a good doctor but he's practice ethics are not. He double books patience for the same time slots and has you waiting for hours before being seen. His attitude towards time is a joke, my appointment was at 2 and I didn't get in till 4. I would never recommend him to anyone and I would go out ,y way to tell you he's a joke. Doctors like this should be banned!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1830636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2013

He diagnosed a glomus tumor in my finger that no one else could !He removed a skin tag and cysist from my back no muss no fuss, bam did it. Great doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1830635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2012

I have been to Dr. Lynde a couple of times and each time I have been very unsatisfied. The reason for my appointment is that I have acne scarring on my back that I want to get rid of. The first apt. I went to prior to this one, he gave me cream to apply which I did, and it produced no results. I wanted a different treatment besides creams because I have tried many and they do not work. So he enters the room, and starts asking me about how my cheeks are and if the treatment has worked on them. I was so confused. I questioned him, then he asks about the rest of my face. Again, I was confused because I have been told that I have flawless skin on my face, I was there for my back. I said the problem is with my back, I'm not sure what you're talking. He didn't look at my folder before speaking. He then realized and started looking at my back. He quickly wrote me a prescription for another cream, didn't listen to any of my concerns and quickly shooed me out the door! Very unprofessional!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1830634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

Not at all sensitive to the seriousness of the visit. Rushed the appointment, made joking comments about my skin which was embarrassing - not the kind of conversation you would expect with a professional. He also would not listen when I was trying to explain how I monitor my skin for cancerous moles, he tended to cut me off with repetitive jokes about my skin. Not a very pleasant visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1830633].votes_count ]]