You may also like

Rate Dr. Daniel Dodek

Dr. Daniel Dodek's Ratings

Terrible experience with this doctor. Saw him because my doctor was not availabe at the time as they do rotations at their office. Will never see him again!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2713290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

I would no recommend this Dr. He is not helpful, my mom has been in constant pain with arthritis for a year, and immobile and he has only told her to take Tylenol, and never referred her to a good specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2713140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

This little egomaniac is NOT TO BE TRUSTED with your health. He spreads himself way too thin (probably because no one will have him full time). He's never on time. Will only listen to one ailment at a time which is very inconvenient when you are ailing. He is just not worth going to. I have since switched doctors. Seriously, Dr. Gelfer would be very disappointed in his replacement.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2695329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

DR DODEK IS VERY PROESSIONAL AND WELL CONNECTED TO THE BEST SPECIALISTS IN VANCOUVER. UNDER HIS GUIDANCE I HAVE SEEN 6 SPECALITS IN 4 DIFFERENT AREAS OF MEDICINE. FROM HIP REPLACEMENTS TO HERNEAS AND OTHER PROCEDURES I HAVE BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OF.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Dr. Dokek is an exceptional general practioner. Reception staff are competent and professional and I rarely wait more than a few minutes past my appointment time to be taken in to a examination room. His manner is consistently pleasant and his knowledge excellent. He encourages the patient to take responsibility for their own health but on the other hand, seems to know exactly when a specialist is needed. It is interesting that all of the specialists that I have visited seem to know him and hold him in high regard.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

My husband and I like Dr. Dodek very much. He is professional rather than trying to be a family friend. We appreciate his attention to what we say and his follow-up to our concerns. When we need an appointment his office responds with appropriate scheduling. We think he is thorough and knowledgable. He has caught a couple of very serious illnesses quickly for us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

I've seen him only 3 or 4 times in the 8 years I've been registered with him and have found him every time to be totally impersonable, socially awkward and extremely hands-off, almost unwilling to to engage with his patients. When I returned to ask him for a repeat iron/blood test, he asked me why I thought my iron levels would be low!! What?! Does he know nothing about women. When I had an ear infection he took a look, confirmed it was blocked, and then sent me away to deal with it myself. I try to get a female locum doctor whenever possible as they have all been excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

had to take my mother in today to see dr dodek...nobody there at city square..they have moved..they did not even notify her..went to the address posted on door ..real inconvience ..asked staff why she was not told of new address,since they just talked to her 4 days ago...i said that it was unprofessional and that they should have told her... lucky i took her in ,and that she did not go by cab or handy-dart,she would have been stranded...she has agoraphobia is 82 years young and been a patient for 32 years ..she had Dr gelferd at first and everything was great..anyway cut to the chase, staff was rude inconsiderable ..Dr Dodek came out and was just as rude and matter of fact,and told my mother to get another DR. Can you believe this after 32 years, she got the boot .i left as soon as i could right after dr gelferd left.DR gelferd was the best ,honest and proffesional,really miss him..actually im glad my mom is out of there,and will get a good and caring dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I was a patient of Dr Gelfer for many years, so was saddened when he sold his practise. Meeting and getting to know a new Dr (no different for them either), takes some time. This has been time very well spent. Dr Dodek is very knowledgable, detailed and always reverts to the previous appointment to see how everything is going. He listens! His personality is quite different from Dr Gelfer; however, consider the variety of personalities he deals with in one day. I highly recommend Dr Dodek.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2013

I was going to Dr. Gelfer and now see Dr. Dodek as he took over the Practise. he has been nothing but professional to both me and my husband and I would highly recomend him to others. He does only work in the office part time so that when I have seen the other Doctors sharing his Practise they too are fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831781].votes_count ]]