You may also like

Rate Dr. Jorge Mayo

Dr. Jorge Mayo's Ratings

Very knowledgable, but do NOT expect your appointment to start on time. I waited 45 minutes in the waiting room, followed by over an hour and a half in the exam room. If you're not pregnant, he seems to have no interest in treating you. I was told to come back and see him when I wanted to start a family - apparently, until then my issues could wait. Very, very knowledgeable, and explained things very well, but was not helpful beyond that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I feel blessed to have been forwarded to Dr. Mayo. He is such a professional. He is simply amazing. Easy to talk to. You can ask any question you have. No judgments. He understands it is not an easy appointment and makes it one. He does run a little late sometimes, but to get to see a professional like him is worth it. He takes the time to make sure you feel confident in your physical issues. I always double check my appointments as a busy clinic like Dr. Mayos has constant calls and patients that sometimes things can get mixed up. He makes me feel extremely cared for in a circumstance I don't really want to be in. Thank you Dr. Mayo and staff for all your care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2782326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I haven't had any problems since switching to Dr.Mayo as my OB/GYN, I don't understand how people have issues with speaking to him since he can communicate very well just has a slight accent. As for his staff after reading reviews I was worried I'd be treated rudely but so far everyone I've dealt with has been nice and welcoming. Candace his nurse is such a sweetheart the nicest and when the ultrasound machine wouldn't work his staff went out of their way to rebook me at a clinic later the same day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2776584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Love Dr mayo. The best!! I have been seeing him with my pregnancy am due in 3months.
He specializes in high risk pregnancies so he's definitely the right doctor for me as I have
A short cervix. He has been nothing short of fantastic. I recommend him 100%

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2773049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I was surprised to not see Dr Mayo in the top 10, however in looking through the ratings it appears his staff have been rated at the lowest level, bringing it all down. If Dr Mayo hadn't accepted me at 26 weeks with an extremely short cervix, my twin babies would not have made it. He's respectful, very knowledgable and friendly. He listened and answered all of my questions and I'm fully confident in recommending him to anyone! I was an inpatient at the Royal Alex so I can't speak to his staff's etiquette but gave my rating based on the Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Mayo by my Midwife at 38 weeks due too baby being in breech position. Right away when meeting him the first time I had a good feeling. He is a no nonsense straight to the point doctor who told me both the risks and benefits in having a vaginal breech birth and that he would support and help me accomplish that if I chose. When I went into labour my Midwife accompanied me to hospital and while he was not the on call at the time he came straight away. The on call had already started prepping me for a c section and just as I was getting on the operating table he showed up and told me to start pushing! He tried right till the very end to let me deliver natural but in the end baby distressed and an emergency c section was needed. I can't say enough about how awesome Dr.Mayo was for me and I feel like he truly cares about his patients and their wishes. I especially love the fact that he is fully respectful and mindful of women's abilities to birth babies even in some what complicated circumstances ie VBAC, breech etc. And works well with and is respectful of Midwives and their abilities. I would recommend him to any one and I am hopeful to get in with him for my next pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2744495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

Dr. Mayo was nothing short of amazing. SOOO glad I got referred to him. He was so nice and made me feel like I was important. My mom passed away 2 days after I gave birth and I was still in the hospital, every day he told me how sorry he was and how much he enjoyed her coming to my appointment and that he really valued her opinion which I thought was amazing. I would absolutely refer him to anyone who need an OBGYN 100%

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Reading some of these comments is laughable. Oh my gosh - a specialist who happens to be a surgeon makes split second decisions... What do you think these physicians do all day every day?

I have been a patient at this clinic since it was Dr. Carlos Mayo, Dr. Mayo's brother. Both brothers were ob/gyns in their home country, which I believe to be Chile. The individual who complained of his "communication issues" is outrageous, in my opinion. I had no difficulty communicating with him when I was still a teenager and he had just moved to Canada. Come on. Any physician that is passionate enough about his work to re-enter university so that he can practice in his field gets my attention.

I will grant other patients that the wait can be ridiculous. But, when a doctor is late because he is running across the street to perform emergency c- sections

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2730792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

I love doctor Mayo! He assisted me with my infertility. Then when I got pregnant I developed a rare pregnancy condition at 30 weeks that he explained and helped me through.

HOWEVER his receptionists are a joke. With my second I developed the same condition as my first and I had been out on bedrest the first time. Well when I got diagnosed the second time the hospital didn't give me any information when I left so I called dr mayos office. His receptionist told me "I doubt you'll be on bedrest at 24 weeks" to which I explained I was last time and could she please leave a message for doctor mayo to ask him if I should be going into work in 2 days. I waited the 3 hours that day and ALL the next day and nothing. I went to work and called again when his office opened and talked to Paula. She went and talked to dr Mayo and called me back within 15 minutes saying not only should I be on bed rest it shouldn't have left the hospital!! I packed up my work stuff and left.

During that same pregnancy I was supposed to be scheduled for another ultrasound at the royal and I called his receptionist 4 times to ask when my appointment was and they said they didn't have the date and time back. Finally the health nurse who came daily called the royal who said they haddnt even gotten the forms yet! She called Paula who sent them right away and again I had an appointment within 30minutes.

Dr mayo is very busy so when he falls behind he runs late. But I appreciate it because of his business I want him there for me during my delivery so why would I fault him for doing the same for others.

In fact I reccomended dr mayo to 3 of my friends who all had equally great experiences with dr mayo and awful with his reception. My one friend had a vba2c and he was completely on board. She had the natural child birth she had always wanted. She had a typed out birth plan that dr mayo didn't question or object to at all.

I hope he doesn't retire before I try for a 3rd baby because I couldn't imagine seeing anyone else for my pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2714155].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

Dr.MAYO IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! He is the best doctor I ever had. He is so kind and caring and really takes his time to find out what your problem is. He treats you like a human being and gets to the bottom of your problem with no hesitations. I have had multiple surgeries done by him and he always does a good job. I refuse to see any gynaecologist but him. His nurse is also great. She is very understanding and patient. Dr. Mayo is the best doctor ever. AMAZING DOCTOR! I would recommend him to anyone! I give him five stars. He has the magic touch! He is amazing!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2711742].votes_count ]]