You may also like

Rate Dr. Jorge Mayo

Dr. Jorge Mayo's Ratings

Dr. Mayo is awesome! I have had 3 children and he was at all 3 deliveries. He is a very sweet, soft spoken man with a gentle hand. He also has a wonderful relationship with his staff and the nurses. He treats everyone with respect and is ver kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. Mayo accepted a referral when others wouldn't to fix me after another OBGYN had completely sewn me shut after birth. He was extremely kind. I got into surgery very quickly as well as had a follow up appointment soon after. I am so happy I waited it out and found somebody else to help me as the doctor who was in the delivery room after I had my baby was the biggest b**** on the face of the earth. Dr. Mayo's staff also do an AMAZING job of keeping things running smoothly. Both of my appointments were pushed back due to him having to leave for emergencies, but they gave me the heads up so I could come in later and when I did go in I didn't wait more than 10 minutes to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Receptionist is a real b^+[# both on the telephone and worse in person. Makes me want to ask for a different referral

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2840035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Very knowledgable, but do NOT expect your appointment to start on time. I waited 45 minutes in the waiting room, followed by over an hour and a half in the exam room. If you're not pregnant, he seems to have no interest in treating you. I was told to come back and see him when I wanted to start a family - apparently, until then my issues could wait. Very, very knowledgeable, and explained things very well, but was not helpful beyond that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I feel blessed to have been forwarded to Dr. Mayo. He is such a professional. He is simply amazing. Easy to talk to. You can ask any question you have. No judgments. He understands it is not an easy appointment and makes it one. He does run a little late sometimes, but to get to see a professional like him is worth it. He takes the time to make sure you feel confident in your physical issues. I always double check my appointments as a busy clinic like Dr. Mayos has constant calls and patients that sometimes things can get mixed up. He makes me feel extremely cared for in a circumstance I don't really want to be in. Thank you Dr. Mayo and staff for all your care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2782326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I haven't had any problems since switching to Dr.Mayo as my OB/GYN, I don't understand how people have issues with speaking to him since he can communicate very well just has a slight accent. As for his staff after reading reviews I was worried I'd be treated rudely but so far everyone I've dealt with has been nice and welcoming. Candace his nurse is such a sweetheart the nicest and when the ultrasound machine wouldn't work his staff went out of their way to rebook me at a clinic later the same day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2776584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Love Dr mayo. The best!! I have been seeing him with my pregnancy am due in 3months.
He specializes in high risk pregnancies so he's definitely the right doctor for me as I have
A short cervix. He has been nothing short of fantastic. I recommend him 100%

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2773049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I was surprised to not see Dr Mayo in the top 10, however in looking through the ratings it appears his staff have been rated at the lowest level, bringing it all down. If Dr Mayo hadn't accepted me at 26 weeks with an extremely short cervix, my twin babies would not have made it. He's respectful, very knowledgable and friendly. He listened and answered all of my questions and I'm fully confident in recommending him to anyone! I was an inpatient at the Royal Alex so I can't speak to his staff's etiquette but gave my rating based on the Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Mayo by my Midwife at 38 weeks due too baby being in breech position. Right away when meeting him the first time I had a good feeling. He is a no nonsense straight to the point doctor who told me both the risks and benefits in having a vaginal breech birth and that he would support and help me accomplish that if I chose. When I went into labour my Midwife accompanied me to hospital and while he was not the on call at the time he came straight away. The on call had already started prepping me for a c section and just as I was getting on the operating table he showed up and told me to start pushing! He tried right till the very end to let me deliver natural but in the end baby distressed and an emergency c section was needed. I can't say enough about how awesome Dr.Mayo was for me and I feel like he truly cares about his patients and their wishes. I especially love the fact that he is fully respectful and mindful of women's abilities to birth babies even in some what complicated circumstances ie VBAC, breech etc. And works well with and is respectful of Midwives and their abilities. I would recommend him to any one and I am hopeful to get in with him for my next pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2744495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

Dr. Mayo was nothing short of amazing. SOOO glad I got referred to him. He was so nice and made me feel like I was important. My mom passed away 2 days after I gave birth and I was still in the hospital, every day he told me how sorry he was and how much he enjoyed her coming to my appointment and that he really valued her opinion which I thought was amazing. I would absolutely refer him to anyone who need an OBGYN 100%

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736992].votes_count ]]