Rate Dr. Jorge Mayo

Dr. Jorge Mayo's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

I started seeing dr. Mayo after a colposcopy. I have uterine dydelphis, so two uteruses, and each has a fully developed cervix. Prior to my colposcopy I was having trouble with a lacking libido. Another doctor told me that it was because of my vaginal septum, which had never been a problem before. I ran it past dr mayo amd expected him to tell me the same thing, or that it was psychological. Instead, he explained way more about my uteruses, colposcopy, and everything involved than the other doc. He gave me a lot of great information and didn't wave me aside. If you're looking for a fluffy doc, this isnt it. He's very straight to the point but gives all the details. The wait can be long- the first visit was two hours as he was called away for an emergency delivery across the street - not his fault, babies will come when they want to! The staff was straight forward and I went for linch and came back. Staff leaves something to be desired, bit as a busy woman I appreciate the straight-shooting of dr mayo.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Dr. Mayo was very helpful with my pregnancy and delivery. I had a very difficult pregnancy to begin with and Dr. Mayo was very reassuring and knowledgeable. He made me feel comfortable and calm through out my difficult pregnancy. I will definitely be going back to him if I get pregnant again and recommend him to anyone. Amazing doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Dr. Mayo delivered 2/4 kids. He was really great during the pregnancies & answered all my questions. Problems with my 1st pregnancy made him even more cautious for my 2nd and he was great! I found as soon as I delivered and babies were healthy though, he couldn't care less about you unless there were issues. His receptionists are rude and abbrassive, but the nurses and ultrasound tech were great. It's always a long wait to see him, so bring a book or two! And he has taken on so many patients now that they find every excuse to turn you away and send you to another doctor if they can, which is why baby 3 & 4 weren't delivered by him. He found my thyroid issue and made sure my gp got me treated asap. He did my son's circumcision in his office and was quick and clean. If you can get in to see him, I would recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr.Mayo has been my OB for over a decade. He delivered all 4 of my babies (2 natural, 2 c-sections). It is a privilege to be his patient. He has delivered many of my friends and family's babies, and helped some work through infertility issues. Highly recommend. He listens and is open to my concerns. He is a kind man. I have no idea why anyone would rate him like the others here. He has always made time to see me when I had any issue, and has had wise advice. He clearly cares for his patients, and their babies. He is fast, and direct, which I like. Not a time waster. He refers when needed and addresses problems as they arrive. I generally bring a list of my concerns and he explains all of them clearly and to the point. His nurse, Candace, is so so so nice. Also, his ultrasound tech is amazing. The front desk sometimes is a cold reception, but I think that is because they are so busy constantly. I have never waited less than an hour though, so be sure to bring a book.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Mayo came highly recommended so of course I started seeing him for my pregnancy, so far I have had 7 appointments and seem him twice, I keep seeing other doctors, so when I do end up seeing him he doesn't seem to know anything about the pregnancy, he literally doesn't know how far along I am, not even kidding, I tell him I think I am further along than 28 weeks and he tells me oh no it not, he measured my tummy and it reads 35 weeks, and the baby measured 32 weeks so instead of saying oh ok I made a mistake he just brushes it off and tells me that the Northgate ultrasound place is wrong with the dates, Really u r passing the blame? Im about 34 weeks pregnant(figured out on my own) had to go into the emergency to get looked at cause for 3 days I couldn't walk from abdominal pain, mayos moronic staff wouldn't let me get in too see him right away, the reason: " your appt isn't until Feb 21st, he will see u on that day" DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!! GO SEE A MONKEY U WILL GET BETTER RESULTS!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

I was in a car accident when I was 23 weeks & 6 days pregnant. Unfortunately, I went into labour only hours after the accident. I was admitted into the royal Alex hospital immediately, treated by very nice obstetricians, given medications to slow the labor & steroids for my son's lung development. When I was 9 cms dilated, I was introduced to Dr. Mayo. He was rude & miserable. He actually said to me "we are just going to deliver him - he isn't going to make it" so he refused to do a c-section against the recommendations of all the specialists I had seen prior. My son was born 1 lb & 4 ounces. He is now 19 months old. He has cerebral palsy. I am told that is from delivery. Dr mayo was rude, careless & sloppy. He needs to realize his is not god & decides who lives and who dies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2013

I came to Dr.Mayo after trying to conceive for three years as a high risk pregnancy. Dr.Mayo is a godsend. He has a very calm presence about him and put me at ease right away. I had a few concerns through my pregnancy however he always fully explained what was happening and what the treatment or outcome was going to be. His staff at the front are not necessarily the friendliest however his nurse and ultrasound tech are fantastic. His office also has a ultrasound machine in house, so if there is any issue or complication he wants to investigate it can be done in a matter of minutes. Although not present for our childs birth ( he was born in the middle of the night)Dr.Mayo did come and see us in the hospital first thing the next day. Lastly I would also like to add that if anyone is ever upset because their appointment is not on time please consider that it may be you that he is needed for that extra time or emergency care that requires his attention. Highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I was pleased with Dr. Mayo and would highly recommend him to anyone!! I feel very privileged to have him as my doctor. He has delivered my kids and many of my friends. He is knowledgeable, caring and a really great surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

After finding out that my babies heart beat stopped beating and needing to go for a D&C he was very willing to take me in immediately to get it done even though i wasnt an extreme emergency. I am so happy that he was able to complete my surgery. I didnt have to wait very long once they brought me in to the hospital and his staff at his office was great. They called me to make sure i knew when and where to go. they then called my cell a little while later to make sure that i made i to the hospital no problem and if i had any questions before surgery. I called the next morning after surgery to book my follow up and they were great and booked me in no problem and right at the 6 week mark. Dr. Mayo was great just before surgery, he came in and was very compassionate and made sure that i knew exactly what was going on, why they were doing the d&C and asked if i had any questions before surgery started. I woke up from surgery and had no complications and am so happy that i had him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831870].votes_count ]]