Rate Dr. Michael A. Steingart

Dr. Michael A. Steingart's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2504365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

While I find Dr . steingart to be a fine doctor unfortunately due to his staff I must find a new surgeon. After having numerous problems with his staff on scheduling today consisted of spending a combined total of 34 minutes between 2 calls to be told of their refill policy. After explaining I was not adking for a refill but that where they scheduled me to far out for my meds to last I was told they need 2 business days to process requests pretty hard to do when they don't provide the information until you've run out. Guess I don't need to sleep tonight shame on you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2399291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Old time approach to medicine. Hevspend the time needed to explain everything. I would recommend him to my kids and my parents. Just a warm professional man. Answered every phone call in short order. He is in the business for the right reason the care of his patients not the cash. Very refreshing in today's environment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

LOVE Dr Steingart and staff. He was very interested in understanding my pain and then offering a solution. He was very upfront as to what I could expect after SED surgery and now two years later, he has been spot on. I would highly recommend him and have done so to several people who have found the same level of professionalism and respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

I have had both knees scoped and then replaced by Dr Steingart and would have no one else operate on me. My first replacement surgery was for my right knee and that one was a bit of a problem through no fault of the Dr. My body just decided to revolt (blood clots to both lungs and in my leg). I have never seen a Doctor respond emotional and physically to a patient's needs like he and his staff did. He cares about the person as much as he does about the treating the illness. I trusted him so much that a year and a half later I had my left knee replaced. This one went well. His personality and wacky humor is just the icing on the cake. I just wish my Mother lived here in AZ instead of PA. He would be the Doctor I would want her to see.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

Absolutely wonderful personality and fantastic doctor. He makes you feel comfortable and treats you like a doctor should. Had SED surgery and it was a complete success. I would recommend him to anyone with any orthopedic issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2009

I have been very unhappy with the poor care received here. The doctor writes reports that are ungrammatical, indecipherable and unprofessional. I am in desparate need of a knee replacement, and spent multiple appointments listening to arguments as to why he didn't want to do it - starting with "You could get an infection and lose your leg," and ending with "If you're just going to go back to your job, I won't do it anyway." He offered no options, just pain pills (which I told him I don't take). I need this surgery (need, not want) in order to continue to work and return to my life, which has been put on hold by constant pain. I feel that offering me a chance to get on disability and take pain pills rather than continue to be a productive worker was hardly what a responsible, caring physician should do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2009

I've seen this Dr as a patient & I've worked with him. I've personally watched him interact with patients & peers. If more doctors were like him health care would have a better reputation & lawsuits less frequent. He helps people address orthopedic problems with compassion, expertise, surgical skill & humor. He has an ability to communicate the details of complex injuries & illnesses without using medical jargon or talking down to his patients. He treats his staff and OR team with respect & promotes a sense of teamwork. He helps you make important decisions about your care instead of leaving that up to your insurance Co. He refers to other specialties when necessary. Of course, if you do end up as a surgical client, you will be subjected to the constant running gags, jokes older than dirt, & insults shared between him & the Dr that administers Anesthesia for his cases. I won't lie, this can be very painful. Nothing is perfect, but good news! Anesthesia is fast & causes amnesia..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2008

So far I have visited Dr. Steingart twice and will need more visits for a swollen ankle. Dr. Steingart and his staff are amazing. Everyone I deal with has consistently been friendly, helpful and efficient. Dr. Steingart's Assistant is pleasant and thorough and responds quickly to phone calls. The two ladies who ran the x-ray and other testing equipment were kind and had wonderful senses of humor. Both visits I got to see Dr. Steingart and he is absolutely brilliant! After reading my records and examining me he related my swollen ankle to my thyroid condition and he also discovered another long-term problem and began treatment. Also, he's the first doctor I've had that wanted my medical records from other providers AND he called my endocrinologist! Dr. Steingart doesn't just treat a symptom; he treats a person. He appears to be knowledgeable about endocrine/metabolic problems. He explains things well and has a great bedside manner. My husband is seeing him now,too. RECOMMENDED

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637538].votes_count ]]