Rate Dr. Amin Javer

Dr. Amin Javer's Ratings

Dr. Javer is truly the best in his specialty. I went to him based upon his spectacular reviews and hoping for the best tho I was a little skeptical . I wanted to know what was happening to me. Prior, one emergency room doctor diagnosed me with Acute Bacterial Sinusitis and gave me antibiotics which I never took(went to emergency next day and informed them) because upon research I did not exhibit symptoms of Acute Bacterial Sinusitis. Another doctor said I had rebound congestion effect from the decongestant I was using, told me to quit that and I would be OK. Yet another emergency room doctor at St. Josephs told me that the majority of people have a deviated septum that does need surgery and I probably fall into that category. He callously informed me that If I can't breathe thru my nose then just use my mouth. "Just use your mouth', he informed casually as if he was ordering a cup of coffee. Thoroughly confused now, one other ENT I went to told me ' I talk to much' when I was trying to explain my symptoms to him , yet his secretary was awesome. Dr. Javer utilizes the latest state of the art equipment(computer assisted viewing) with his grounded and extensive knowledge. He is at the leading expert of his field. I recently had a Septoplasty with turbinate reduction. My splints were taken out today and Wow! I can breathe normal again without having to short gasp for air thru my nose. For the last two months I was in borderline misery because my nasal inspiratory flow was apparently impeded from a deviated septum. The saddest part for me was that if I knew to see Dr. Javer first, I would've saved myself a lot of aggravation and heartache. Dr. Javer is kind and actually seems to care about his patients. He has ENT medical students that he mentors. Not many ENTs have that distinction in experience and knowledge. HE IS THE BEST! NOT ALL DOCTORS ARE EQUAL.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Javer is amazing! He is very knowledgable and highly skilled. Dr. Javer is passionate about his speciality and the advancement of ENT skills through research and teaching. He gave me back my quality of life! To those that feel the same I ask that you consider sending a donation to St. Paul's Hospital Sinus Centre, Vancouver, B.C. to support ongoing research and continued teaching of the future ENTs in learning these highly skilled procedures with the goal that all patients have access to excellent ENT care.

Submitted June 24, 2014 | flag

Don't waste your energy looking for any other ENT doctors, because Dr. Javer is the best. My mom had couple of failed sinus operations, where the doctors managed to damage the nerves inside her nose. She started to get this phantom smell that no one else could understand. Other ENT doctors would just ignore her. We were giving up hope until we saw Dr. Javer. He was extremely compassionate towards my mom, and immediately knew what was happening. Unlike other specialist who all thought my mom was making the smell up, Dr. Javer explained to us that this was due to the last two failed operations. He told my mom not to worry, and things will be fixed. He did the operation (we paid for this privately, since there was a 2 year wait), and my mom saw the results. She no longer has the weird smell and she feels so much better. Like someone said, we wish the government will give him more money to help others that can not afford to do the surgery privately. Dr. Javer is simply the best.

Submitted July 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Javer is a kind, gentle, smart, talented man. He fixed my sinusitis and my deviated septum and I couldn't be happier with the results or the follow-up. I was dealing with other health issues at the same time as this and he couldn't have been more accommodating or understanding. My deviated septum was genetic and I wish all my family could come to Vancouver and get the surgery done by him!

Submitted Jan. 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Javer is a brilliant diagnostician and surgeon, as well as a caring and compassionate human being. I had to find him on my own as none of the specialists I was seeing had any idea of the cause of my excruciating pain. He is very busy but will always respond to e-mails. Every day I give thanks for having the great privilege of having Dr. Javer as my surgeon and ENT.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2012 | flag

Had upper sinus surgery August 2011.Dr Javer detected deviated septum on left side from cat scan.Other ents over the years never detected this.Have suffered for 20 years of sinus infections and had lower surgery 18 yrs ago with little improvement.He promised 100% cure and now 2 weeks after surgery he has delivered in flying colors.I have never felt better glad to be off having to take a strong antibiotic everyday for 6 months while waiting for surgery.Wow it's nice to feel normal again.Forgotten what it feels like.He is a very busy guy and will not spend a lot of time with you.He does up to 20 of these surgeries a month and trains doctors from all over the world.Only a handful of doctors can do this surgery.He answers emails very quickly if you have any questions.All staff at private clinic and his staff at St Pauls hostpital are excellent.Feels fantastic to be healthy again after all these years of suffering.Ted Victoria,BC

Submitted Aug. 23, 2011 | flag

I am extremely disappointed in the results from my recent surgery (Jan 2011) that was "guaranteed" to fix my sinus problems, which I asked him repeatedly because my surgery was to cost $8000. I am sure he did a good job but my original symptoms, complaint and overall reason I went to see him in the first place were never fixed. Now $9000+ later including countless prescriptions I have given up allowing him to guess. If Dr. Javer would listen instead of repeatedly bragging about how good of a surgeon he is even after he was well aware of my disappointment that my original symptoms and complaint hadn't been fixed I would give him a different rating even with the poor results(IMO of course... But I am the only the patient). I do believe he is a good person but it's unfortunate his ego got in the way of his work.

Submitted June 18, 2011 | flag

Pros: Dr Javer is a great Dr. and does wonderful work. I have AFS and had to have 2 surgeries to remove mucoeles and thanks to him I am so much more healthy. Cons: His desk staff are brutal...a number of years ago he had some good front staff with compassion and empthy but the staff that you have to deal with now can tarnish the whole experience. They are so lacking in understanding and genuine friendliness that I am considering looking for a different ENT in spite of how good Dr.Javer is. Bottom line: Dealing with Dr.Javer is a great experience, dealing with his front staff is the exact opposite.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Javer is a terrific physician. After 2 years of debilitating sinus disease and associated asthma, I luckily referred to him and, after surgery and ongoing treatment, I am finally back to work and enjoying life again. He is skilled, knowledgeable, empathic and, quite simply, the best. He also has an active research program to follow-up on new, innovative treatments. We are fortunate to have a doctor like Dr. Javer in BC.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2010 | flag

I would highly recommend Dr.Javer not only for his exceptional skills but also for his communication and care.Dr.Javer is always there for you,always responds to you immediately and incredibly follows up.After his 2 hour sinus surgery,I was out in one hour and went for a sushi dinner.Next day I was in his office for postop check up.The best!Lucky to have him.

Submitted July 7, 2010 | flag