Dr. Michael Hibner

Rate Dr. Michael Hibner

Dr. Michael Hibner's Ratings

Dr. Michael Hibner and his staff were WONDERFUL. Everyone was so kind and helpful. Dr. Hibner did an excellent job on my surgery. He scheduled my surgery within 2 days of seeing him for an appointment because my "case" was so severe. I was extremely nervous about the surgery and his entire team was very supportive and kept me calm. I spent the night in the hospital and the nurses were all so kind. The anesthesiologist even called me the day after surgery to see how I was doing!! Everyone genuinely cared about me. I am so thankful and great full of Hibner's Team!! Thank you!

Submitted May 21, 2014 | flag

Office staff is very nice. Physicians assistant Lisa needs to quit her job,you can tell she is sick of it and has very little sympathy left. The doctors are all surgery happy and thats all they recommend. I think that Dr. Hibner was really trying to help women at one point but is now just too busy to look past the interstitial cystitus program they tell each lady with bladder problems.Think twice before surgery here.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2013 | flag

Dr. Hibner is an okay doctor but he absolutely too busy. He does not spend adequate time with his patients. I only saw him for five minutes, once. Always was set up with the NP. They offered surgery as the my only option even after he already tried the SAME surgery & it failed. He has operated on me several times now & I will not do it anymore. Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly then expecting different results, well the this office is INANE. I told him I had endo, he told me I did not have it, then when he went in for a laporoscopy he found I was in a very late stage of Endo requiring almost 6 hours of surgery. It's sad that as a patient I had to tell him. After this I saw little to no improvement & new complications. I tried to get my surgery records & can not get them now! His office staff is rude & when I went there they told me they would fax them & they NEVER did. I tired to speak to him, he was "busy". His nurse was "busy" & my records gone. Nightmare.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hibner is the absolute best and although it did take almost 5 months to get in with him he was definitely worth the wait. He always puts the patient first and actually cares that you're in pain. I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't found him. I only wish his physician assistant Lisa was as compassionate as he is. She doesn't seem to "get it" like he does and be prepared because you end up seeing a lot of her. Everyone else there is great tho. I recommend you bring someone with you to your first appointment though because Hibner is full of information and it helps to have someone there to take notes on what he says because otherwise it can be sort of overwhelming. I strongly recommend him to anyone with severe pelvic pain.

Submitted May 11, 2011 | flag

I found that Dr. Hibner's staff was very helpful. They have been slacking off a bit as time passes however. His schedule is over four months out so call right away if you wish to see him. I would wish to see a little more coordination between his assistant and the doctor himself, as I belive he often is not aware of what I have discussed with his assistant. He is very caring and I belive he is a very good surgeon. He comes highly recommended by both the Mayo Clinic and many, many of his associates. I do believe, however, that he is much too busy with the surgeries and needs a little more time communicating with his staff and patients (pre-op). I am very happy I found him! He has not been able to resolve me issue thus far, but I believe he will; in time.

Submitted June 7, 2010 | flag

I would recommend Dr Hibner to anyone woman who is serious about getting some real help. He is empathetic and gentle but he does expect his patients to listen to him and follow his directions. He is very busy and does not want to waste his time or his patients time. He is truly an expert and very competent.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2010 | flag

I was referred to Dr.Hibner for a vag hyst. He explained the surgery proir to the date of surgery and again in the OR. He did an excellent job and I had a great Post op recovery because of his kindness.

Submitted April 8, 2009 | flag

I would not consider Hibner an expert in Endo. Seems to be too busy with too many patients. I am Stage IV Endo patient. I met with his assistant breifly on two occaisions before the surgery Dr. Hibner poked his head in for 5 minutes at 1st visit. They did no tests pre-op to see what they were up against, which surprised me. I was his 3rd surgery of the day, my procedure was 3 hours. Did not see Dr. Hibner after surgery, he sent his assistant. Only after a tearful request to see him did they allow me to walk over to his office when I was released from the hospital to see him. He was unable to remove all of my endo. Had to request several times to see him for my post-op visit and not his assistant. They said he is with "other patients" all the time, but at the end of all of this I wondered which patients actually get to see him. I felt that they were trying to do as many surgerys as possible to gain experience.

Submitted March 11, 2009 | flag