Dr. John A. Weidner

Grad. Year: 2001

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 10/12/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. John A. Weidner has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5456052

08/05/14 2 2 1 1   Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.8

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "John" to "John A."
RID: 2913607
15/10/13 3 4 4 4 I am impressed. I requested handwritten script from MA a few times times. Apparently she overlooked script already prepared. When the doctor learned of this, he personally saw to it that I had script for my prescription in hand on a Friday evening, before the long weekend.  Respond
RID: 2907528
11/10/13 2 4 1 5 Dr. John Weidner takes time to talk to me, very knowledgeable....BUT I have to pick up hand-written script, cannot be called in to pharmacy. Not first time, calls not being returned for request for much needed meds, which I cannot stop, cold turkey. I feel like I am being ignored, talked to MA 3 times this week, once to receptionist regarding med. It is Friday and still no response with promised return call to me. I may like Dr. Weidner but as far as staff goes, they are not helpful and don't do their job.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2623816
22/04/13 5 4 5 5 I am not currently a patient of Dr. Weidner however my brother is and I have taken him to the Dr. many times the last 7 or 8 mo. Is Dr. on time all the time. Not usually but that is because he takes his time with each patient he does not run through people like most Dr. do. Most give u 5 or 10 min he gives you however much time it takes.The concern he has shown my brother is impressive. I will be changing Dr.in the very near future.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1483150
10/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. John (Jack) Weidner is a fantastic human being AND an excellent Doctor. The reason the single-star reviewer cannot "get through" may be due to the fact that Dr. Weidner is in Golden Valley, AZ 4 days per week. His current staff in Golden Valley consists of a Receptionist and a Nurse Practitioner. The Receptionist is competent, has answered the phone and returned phone calls. The Nurse Practitioner really knows her stuff. This Doctor & his staff are hard working and anyone who rates him poorly hasn't done the math. Dr. Weidner is a quiet person who LISTENS. He is knowledgeable. He devotes generous time to each patient..which means he devotes a great deal of time to YOU. Often, he & staff are still in the office for hours after "closing time". If you don't like his style, it isn't ethical to put him down. Dr. Weidner cares about & for his patients, regardless of their circumstances. He doesn't "move around" any more than other Physicians in AZ. He's been very reliable, IMHO!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1351352
31/01/11 1 1 1 1 Cant find him changes offices a lot and cant get staff on phone, never use this guy  Respond