Dr. Howard Mills

Rate Dr. Howard Mills

Dr. Howard Mills's Ratings

Dr. Mills is a great GP. I can always get an appointment within the same week. He works on time, ESPECIALLY compared to all other doctors around. He never rushes you out of the office. He is very charming and funny, he makes you feel comfortable no matter the what the topic. His front staff is amazing. He is very great at listening.

Submitted June 4, 2014 | flag

Our family doctor for 30 years. Very good.very knowledgeable and up to date with medicine from around the world.

Submitted May 29, 2014 | flag

He might be late and behind, but when you have a kind and non judgemental doctor that genuinely care about you, it's worth it. The wait wasn't anything that you don't see in other offices. He is always friendly and never feel like you're being rushed out the door. Always listens without criticizing you and offers valuable opinions from years of wisdom. I think he's a great doctor.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2011 | flag

I had him as my doctor for years. Really like him as a person but not as my doctor. His wonderful bedside manner didnt make up for the fact that his solution for everything was to throw a pill at it. I was in really bad shape by the time I switched doctors.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2011 | flag

I like that I am able to get an appointment within a week of calling. Dr. Mills is a good diagnostician and able to prescribe the meds needed.

Submitted July 8, 2011 | flag

I found him to have a great bedside manner, making you feel very comfortable with any topic you need to discuss. He takes a genuine interest in the wellbeing of the whole patient. He makes you feel confident in his diagnosis and is not afraid to refer you to other doctors if he is not sure about something.

Submitted July 8, 2011 | flag

Dr Mills is a bright light in the vagaries of Kitimat Doctors.Over the years we have met the Dr Jekyles and Hyde,but Dr Mills is a fine man, who puts you at ease. He was a sterling surgeon in residence at Vancouver General Willows Pavilion, and learned his internist med under the head of a fine thoracic surgeon. He was a fine man and my wife was dying from brain cancer so he understood the stress this caused me. He was a very fair minded doctor and was a great help to me. He tried very hard to track down the cause of my ill health, but it was only when I came south I had my major heart attack, and since my cholesterol level was 12 it always astounded me why this condition was not discovered earlier. It came to me that many doctors or patients have difficulty diagnosing heart failure .I was as skinny as a rake,no alchohol having drank enough at sea I did not need more as I must have been quite pickled. Dr Mills was not only a good doctor but a good man who put patients first. I miss him

Submitted April 27, 2010 | flag

He was my grandmas Dr. for years. Since 2003 she was very ill and he did not do any tests on her or did he really take the time to find out what was wrong with her. She has know passed but if he had found out she had ovarian cancer then maybe she might have had a fighting chance. She had to come to VGH (vancouver Genreal Hospital) to find out that she had 3 mths to live. Pathetic!!!!!!!!!

Submitted May 15, 2009 | flag

Caring, doesn't rush you or interrupt, not afraid to refer to books to be sure a medication he's prescribing won't counteract with another one you're taking. Losing him as a doctor was the worst part of moving away from Kitimat for me. Best doc I've ever had.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2009 | flag

Dr Mills is fantastic. After multiple failed attempts to get diagnosed by my GP here in Calgary, I made an appointment to see him while I was in town visiting family. He diagnosed my arthritis right away and even gave me trial samples of medication in his office. It was the first time I could move without excruciating pain in over 6 months. He is a very caring, compassionate and intelligent man who is extremely good at what he does. Fantastic bedside manner, and a pleasure to talk to. Without him I would still be misdiagnosed and unable to work.

Submitted June 12, 2008 | flag