Rate Dr. Joseph R. Stern

Dr. Joseph R. Stern's Ratings

Very professional ! Love his orthotics.
Takes very good care of my feet.
He knows what he is doing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2576529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I saw Dr Stern because of knee pain I was experiencing thanks to my flat feet and overpronation. As someone who is very active, it was important for me to see someone who had experience working with athletes - which is one of the reasons I chose him specifically. My only regret is that I didn't see him earlier. He is very knowledgable, funny and patient in answering any questions you have. The orthotics he fitted for me have worked out beautifully. I did read the other reviews on this site before seeing him, and to be honest, I really can't understand those couple comments about him being cold or uninformative. Not my experience at all. I also found the lady working at the front desk to be very pleasant and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1835053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Been going to him for years and he is good....quirky (personality)....but good.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1835052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

i went to dr stern because my wife was presecribed orthotics by him years ago when she had plantars facitis...it worked almost immediately....had same problem plus some calcification on same foot on small toe joint....i have had orthotics and after first week little improvement....but after 3 weeks i am well on road to recovery ....about 75% improved.....i shied away from all the heavily advertised cheaper shopping mall retailers....wanted a certified podiatrist.....in addition i asked my family doctor before going and he said Dr Stern was well thought of .....So maybe its only 3 weeks but i would say my purchase was good one...i have no insurance so its good to know if you buy orthotics examination and follow up appointment is covered in cost ....if you dont buy their are fees to pay for exam

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1835051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2013

I'm perplexed by Dr. Stern. He can schedule x-rays for you, and cast your feet for orthotics, but provides absolutely no back-up information for injuries and recovery. I broke a bone in my foot, had it x-rayed (3 times), wore an air cast for 3 months, and yet, he never informed me of what the repercussions would be of wearing such an air cast. Once out of the air cast, he never gave me any information or advice on what measures to take, or what levels of pain to expect, etc. It seems very unprofesional to not give your patients some information, which I suspect he has at his fingertips. It seems that once his job is done (i.e. scheduling xrays and ordering orthotics), his job is done. That's a job any technician can do. One would like some sharing of experience. He appears to be willing to assist in curing a foot injury (when in fact that is done by the body itself, not Dr. Stern), but not in assisting its full recovery. He leaves me fully miffed!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1835050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2012

Dr. Stern has the knowledge but what good is it without the caring, compassion and kindness? I found him to be extremely combative and harsh in his attitude and speech and his front desk staff just plain unpleasant. This guy also works for ICBC - so that prett much tells you what you should know. I would never go back and I doubt he'd see me again, also, because I speak up for myself. If you are a submissive, silent type, you'll do alright there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1835049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Unfortunately I did not meet the doctor Stern, because of his staff in Cloverdale office so miserable. I called to the office and book appointment for my son. They booked our appointment not with doctor Stern but with physiotherapist. I was very upset and they said to me sorry, we are trainee stuff, doctor is very booked for a day and I have to wait 3 more hours. We was agree to wait, later they told me doctor will not see us as he is on vacation. We booked our appointment for another day. I have to change the time and I called to the office. I was surprise then receptionist told me I don't have any appointment with doctor Stern at all for that day. Then I asked her to cancel our visit at all. After work I found missed call on my home phone from the downtown office I tried to call back but it was too late. Now I will very surprise if this office will send me a bill for "missed" appointment. I am really disappointed to meet such disrespect medical stuff. I'll never back to this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1835054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Dr. Stern is a very funny doctor and he is very good.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1835048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

doesn't perform procedure; referred to another podiatrist and wasted my time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1835047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2010

Dr. Stern is THE BEST! He's a true artist, it takes a guy with his amazing talent to create custom orthotics that are a godsend. You get a side order of his humour for free. The receptionist is a doll!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1835046].votes_count ]]