Rate Dr. Robert L. Cach

Dr. Robert L. Cach's Ratings

Dr. Cach has now done the same surgery on me 3 times and it still isn't right. He is extremely arrogant and rude. Unfortunately for me, he is the only one in town who does this kind of surgery.

Submitted March 11, 2014 | flag

I am currently 61 years old. In 2007, an orthopedic surgeon suggested several procedures on my lower back including a fusion. At the time, I was in horrible pain, could barely walk & "froze" with an inability to move for a few minutes each morning. I asked Dr. Cach for a second opinion. Although his verbal manner was brutal, he explained that a fusing would not help. I chose him as my surgeon & he performed multiple procedures in 3 out of 4 lower sets of vertebrae. It was more painful than I expected for 6 weeks. However, it cleared up after that. And, my scar is nearly invisable. I garden, walk, hike, bike & water ski. Although, I have ongoing genetic problems in my spine, I am 100% happy with the work performed by Dr.Cach. He could have been a little easier on me when he explained how crooked I am (& always will be)....but, other than that, the staff & he were wonderful.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2012 | flag

Went to see Dr Cach for a bulging disc in C4-C5. I had to have surgery on it. On my discharge day Dr Cach came to check me out. He said I need to see him a couple of days after surgery. I dove 2 hrs to his office and I did not get to see him. It was his nurse and she was very rude. I was still having trouble a month afterwards and made an appt to see Dr Cach and was told he had seem me enough and I should be good with that. I got the appt and went. Cach asked me what was wrong and I started to tell him but he did not seem interested and called his nurse in to fix a computer problem. He finally said I would need a CT scan. I got that done and his nurse called. She said that Dr Cach knows why I am in so much pain but she did not know how to say the big words and if I needed any other instructions I would have to make an appt to talk with Dr Cach. There is a very big problem and my dr doesn't understand why Cach is not taking care of it. Dr Cach does not care people only money.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2012 | flag

Performed a liminectomy/diskectory on L4 for a ruptured disk. I think he's a miracle worker!! Eleven years later, I'm doing great!!!

Submitted July 30, 2012 | flag

I had a problem with my neck. dr.Cach operated me and now I can work! (my business is landscaping and my neck was a big problem for me).I can live a full life. Great job dr.Cach

Submitted Dec. 6, 2011 | flag

My father had brain injury. Doctor Cach operated on him and saved his life. Now he's doing well and I want to say thank you doctor Cach from all our family

Submitted Sept. 28, 2011 | flag

This man has a horrible bed side manner and does not seem to have the patients best interest in mind. The first day we were told no back surgery was needed then 2 days later surgery was necessary and would cost around $180,000.00 ... After his apparent lack of concern we opted to leave the hospital. The scripts he wrote were not legible, the pharmacy and myself had to call him for clarification. He did not seem concerned about my husbands comfort on our 14 hr drive home. What a disappointment

Submitted July 1, 2011 | flag

Very knowledgeable doctor in his field of expertise. I've had two surgeries by him and they came out great. The only negative is that, as of Feb 28, 2010, Dr. Cach and other Neurosurgeons in Idaho Falls and Pocatello did not renew their contracts with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Idaho. Unfortunately, I'll travel to another city to see a top-rated neurosurgeon who accepts Blue Cross before I'll pay out-of-network costs (thousands of dollars). Bottom line: If he takes your insurance, go see Dr. Cach.

Submitted April 21, 2010 | flag

The Dr ****ed my husband after a car accident. He was flown to EIRMC immediately following the accident and Dr Cache fused him when no fusion was necessary. Not only was it not necessary, the fusion was crooked which resulted in fractures above and below the original fusion approx 2 years down the road and he has required multiple surgeries since to fix the original fusion. He is now handicapped for life at 27. I am a physical therapist and have never seen such a poor job done.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2010 | flag

Dr Cach has done 3 surgeries for me. I feel completely at ease in his hands, he is brilliant!

Submitted July 23, 2007 | flag