Rate Dr. Helene Bertrand

Dr. Helene Bertrand's Ratings

I have been a patient for the last three months and she has been extremely helpful in controlling my body pain. I find her to be very friendly and understanding in regards to my current pain situation. There is a great difference since I have been seeing her compared to the previous months. I am very greatful to her and appreciate her proffesionalism and great work so far.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2013 | flag

Oh do I miss Dr. Bertrand. Easily the warmest, most caring physician I have known (and I've had over 15). She is what a doctor should be and sadly rarely is. Happy days to you Hélène! The English Patient.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2011 | flag

She now has retired and will be missed. I was a patient for 12 yrs and enjoyed her down to earth approach. Her cave man diet is extreme but great if your serious. I always brought a book because I knew she would be 30-45 mins behind. I didnt mind because I knew she was being polite to her elderly pts(she had alot). Plus Tracy was always so happy to talk if not too busy. Did not try the prolotherapy even though she suggested it every visit. Expensive and not covered(yet). Nice to have a Dr who spoke different languages also. Made her Pts feel 'at home' in times of stress. THANK YOU DR BERTRAND!

Submitted Feb. 2, 2011 | flag

Regarding that last comment, why would anyon e assume that someone would go outside of the medical system "so (they) can charge you"? The medical system here is dismal and Dr. B. offered viable alternatives to useless therapies and protocols. She is retired now (at least as an MD...she is running a clinical trial on prolotherapy) and I MISS HER! I can't find any female docs who aren't rated at the bottom of the pit on Rate MDs or who haven't been struck off the books for some reason or another. Dr. Bertrand will be sorely missed by this patient at least. She was the absolute best there could be. TG

Submitted Nov. 10, 2010 | flag

She always tries to guive you a solution outside the medical plan so she can charge you. She never wants to refer you to an specialist. She treats bad -some- patients. The receptionist is more fair. She treats bad all the patients.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2010 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Bertrand since the early 90's and cannot say enough great things about her. She is very knowledgeable, she listens, and she has always given me the best ever care of me. I am sad that she will soon close her general practice and will miss her terribly!

Submitted July 28, 2010 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Bertrand for about 12 years. She is an extremely intelligent person. She is confident with her diagnoses, but will admit it if she makes a mistake. She is very frank, some people find this offensive, I find it refreshing and honest. She is very good to my children and never patronising. She has respected every concern of ours as important and followed through every time -which is much more than many doctors I have encountered. Dr. Bertrand consistently offers a holistic solution to problems - a drug remedy if necessary, diet & vitamin recommendations- even relaxation techniques. I know she is very up-to-date and genuiney excited by new treatments. If people find her pushy - I believe it to be her enthusiasm for their health. She is getting older and my family will miss her greatly when she retires. A1 Doctor.

Submitted April 2, 2010 | flag

Very happy to share that Dr. Bertrand's suggested prolotheraphy treatment significantly improved my SI Joint condition (plaguing me for years) after only one treatment. Nothing else worked so effectively for me in the past, including expensive rehabilitation treatment.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2010 | flag

To begin with the receptionist should be taken out to the back forty and given a good talking to. Rude and arrogant.Dr. Bertrand? Getting old and tired, showing problems with her own health and having dificulty keeping up and being curent. Her relationship with local dispensing pharmacies is, to say the least, on thin ice. Seems there are ever increasing prescription errors. Time o change I think.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2009 | flag

Dr. Bertrand is a very knowlegable and open minded doctor who tries to do the best she can for her patients. However, I do not think she is aware of the games her receptionist plays on her patients and how she puts herself out as an authority to interfere with protocol and decide on the schedule the patients should follow. At times ignoring Dr. Bertrand's instructions and taking matters in her own hands. The receptionist, Tracy's conduct is not professional, acceptable and reflects poorly on Dr. Bertrand's integrity. It would be nice if Dr. Bertrand would put her patients first and not subject them to her receptionist's skillful schemes. I am not sure if the college has guidelines for receptionist ethics and conduct in Doctors' offices??

Submitted Aug. 24, 2009 | flag