Rate Dr. Helene Bertrand

Dr. Helene Bertrand's Ratings

It's a funny trait us humans have when we are in pain and almost willing try anything to relieve that sometimes unbearable debilitating sometimes that run havoc on everyday life ! So what do we do ? We start to look for a doctor ( GOD LIKE ) that is going to perform a miracle and rid you of all that pain , and once again live life to the fullest ! This brings me to doctor Bertrand and her ( GOD LIKE ) revelations that she has a 96 percent healing rate in her therapy practice and she will give you that gift of a pain free life ! I was very active person my whole life and was a pro athlete for ten years that was extremely tough on my body . ( breaks , tears you name it I have done it to my body ) I still feel young and would like to be more active just turning 40 but I am limited to how far I can push my body before weeks of pain and suffering . So when I met doctor Bertrand I was willing to try anything to get relief and possibly hang up my pain and not yet my hockey skates . First visit was 150.00 and second 75.00 and back up and had remained at 150.00 for the last three months . I feel that she has a great story and hey why not give it a shot , it may work . As the visits continued the BS became more and more of a strange fiction novel that even became a horror story as she was sticking my body full of needles decided to mention that the day prior she stuck her self with a needle from a patient that was HIV positive !! God bless that person and hope that he or she will live a healthy life . Is there not a protocol that doctors would have to abide by before continuing there practice especially that requires needles with all patients and the practice of bolo therapy ? I feel like I have been taken advantage of and feel stupid that I prematurely told others of her practice and the massive success rate of 96 percent . I do not recommend this doctor at all and if your are already a patient you are probably starting to see this as a farce and scam that is just putting your money in her pocket !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

Got pain? See this lady! Compassionate, highly knowledgeable professional with the keen ability to listen. Rare these days! Dr Bertrand has been instrumental in my fast recovery. A great communicator who likes her job. The pain reduction she was able to administer instantly was remarkable. Need a consummate professional? Call Helene. Outstanding physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I have been a patient for the last three months and she has been extremely helpful in controlling my body pain. I find her to be very friendly and understanding in regards to my current pain situation. There is a great difference since I have been seeing her compared to the previous months. I am very greatful to her and appreciate her proffesionalism and great work so far.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

Oh do I miss Dr. Bertrand. Easily the warmest, most caring physician I have known (and I've had over 15). She is what a doctor should be and sadly rarely is. Happy days to you Hélène! The English Patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2011

She now has retired and will be missed. I was a patient for 12 yrs and enjoyed her down to earth approach. Her cave man diet is extreme but great if your serious. I always brought a book because I knew she would be 30-45 mins behind. I didnt mind because I knew she was being polite to her elderly pts(she had alot). Plus Tracy was always so happy to talk if not too busy. Did not try the prolotherapy even though she suggested it every visit. Expensive and not covered(yet). Nice to have a Dr who spoke different languages also. Made her Pts feel 'at home' in times of stress. THANK YOU DR BERTRAND!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2011

Regarding that last comment, why would anyon e assume that someone would go outside of the medical system "so (they) can charge you"? The medical system here is dismal and Dr. B. offered viable alternatives to useless therapies and protocols. She is retired now (at least as an MD...she is running a clinical trial on prolotherapy) and I MISS HER! I can't find any female docs who aren't rated at the bottom of the pit on Rate MDs or who haven't been struck off the books for some reason or another. Dr. Bertrand will be sorely missed by this patient at least. She was the absolute best there could be. TG

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2010

She always tries to guive you a solution outside the medical plan so she can charge you. She never wants to refer you to an specialist. She treats bad -some- patients. The receptionist is more fair. She treats bad all the patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Bertrand since the early 90's and cannot say enough great things about her. She is very knowledgeable, she listens, and she has always given me the best ever care of me. I am sad that she will soon close her general practice and will miss her terribly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Bertrand for about 12 years. She is an extremely intelligent person. She is confident with her diagnoses, but will admit it if she makes a mistake. She is very frank, some people find this offensive, I find it refreshing and honest. She is very good to my children and never patronising. She has respected every concern of ours as important and followed through every time -which is much more than many doctors I have encountered. Dr. Bertrand consistently offers a holistic solution to problems - a drug remedy if necessary, diet & vitamin recommendations- even relaxation techniques. I know she is very up-to-date and genuiney excited by new treatments. If people find her pushy - I believe it to be her enthusiasm for their health. She is getting older and my family will miss her greatly when she retires. A1 Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

Very happy to share that Dr. Bertrand's suggested prolotheraphy treatment significantly improved my SI Joint condition (plaguing me for years) after only one treatment. Nothing else worked so effectively for me in the past, including expensive rehabilitation treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836802].votes_count ]]