You may also like

Rate Dr. Helene Bertrand

Dr. Helene Bertrand's Ratings

I started seeing Dr. Bertrand in November 2014 after a surgical scar in my lower back left me with chronic, debilitating nerve pain in that area. The pain prevented me from doing even the most basic of activities (sitting, standing, driving, walking) for more than a few minutes at a time. At first, I was receiving neural prolotherapy three times a week and noticed improvements right away. We gradually reduced the frequency of treatments over several months and by the end of February 2015, I was almost pain free. I had my last treatment mid March 2015 and am still almost entirely pain free. I have been able to resume activities I haven't been able to participate in since before my surgery in April 2014.

I would highly recommend Dr. Bertrand for chronic pain or issues with nerve pain. She is highly knowledgeable and has a sincere interest in treating a variety of pain issues. She has given me the opportunity to start living my life again, pain free. Thank you Dr. Bertrand, I truly appreciate what you have done for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2767722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I have been getting prolotherapy treatments for neck, back and shoulder injuries following an accident which involved a semi truck rear ending me. I have been in and out of various treatments over the past 3 years . Doctor Bertrands prolotherapy treatments have truly helped me gain some strength and provided pain relief. Each time I get treatments there is more progress that I otherwise would not be getting with other type of treatments. Doctor Bertrand believes in what she does and strives to see limited pain levels and healing progress.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

The person who wrote the long negative review of my practice is a 40-year-old, ex-hockey player, narcotic drug addict, who was actually getting better with the 3 prolotherapy and 1 nerve block, treatments I gave him and for which I charged him a total of $325. Every person I see gets a number of questionnaires, every time they come, to find out how well they are doing and how they are responding to their treatment. This person received the DASH (disabilities of the arm, shoulder and hand questionnaire) each time he came, and after 2 treatments, his score had gone from 82/150 to 60/150, where 30 is no pain at all and no problems at all. Before his 3rd treatment, his brief pain inventory score, which measures how much pain interferes with people’s activities and relationships, went from 55/70 to 22/70 where 0 is no interference at all. At that time, his pain score at rest had gone from 5.4/10 to 3.4/10, at work it had gone down from 8/10 to 6.4/10, and playing hockey, it had gone from 10/10 to 9/10. In other words, every measure of pain and function had improved with the 4 treatments he received. The reason he wrote this very long negative review and lied about his lack of pain improvement and how much it cost is that I REFUSED TO GIVE HIM THE NARCOTICS HE WANTED. I am interested in removing pain, not in covering it up with pain killers, particularly not with addictive medications. Narcotic addicts who are not interested in fixing problems which cause pain and getting rid of pain so they can get rid of their habit should stay away from my practice. Helene Bertrand, M.D., CCFP

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2689658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

At age 77 I had been suffering from severe arthritis in my wrist. The pain was a 24 hours nuisance since I am a very active person and felt very depressed after loosing sleep almost every night. A few years ago Dr. Bertrand helped me with arthritis pain in my other wrist, with tennis elbow and also with pain in my hamstring. Since I did not want any surgery, I went to see Dr. Bertrand in early December 2014. Within several days the pain was reduced to an almost bearable amount. By the time I went back for a second treatment the pain was almost gone completely. Now I can go back to all my activities and have no pain. Thank you Dr. Bertrand.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2689555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

Love all the explaining Helene does while working on my body - Maria her asst. is also extremely nice and knowledgeable. My pain is slowly lessening but realize of so many years of hurting myself from sports it wont heal overnight. Before I knew about Helene I was told about a Dr at St. Pauls that does this and had a 2 year wait list - luckily Helene was able to see me quite quickly and I haven't been disappointed once.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2640528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

It's a funny trait us humans have when we are in pain and almost willing try anything to relieve that sometimes unbearable debilitating sometimes that run havoc on everyday life ! So what do we do ? We start to look for a doctor ( GOD LIKE ) that is going to perform a miracle and rid you of all that pain , and once again live life to the fullest ! This brings me to doctor Bertrand and her ( GOD LIKE ) revelations that she has a 96 percent healing rate in her therapy practice and she will give you that gift of a pain free life ! I was very active person my whole life and was a pro athlete for ten years that was extremely tough on my body . ( breaks , tears you name it I have done it to my body ) I still feel young and would like to be more active just turning 40 but I am limited to how far I can push my body before weeks of pain and suffering . So when I met doctor Bertrand I was willing to try anything to get relief and possibly hang up my pain and not yet my hockey skates . First visit was 150.00 and second 75.00 and back up and had remained at 150.00 for the last three months . I feel that she has a great story and hey why not give it a shot , it may work . As the visits continued the BS became more and more of a strange fiction novel that even became a horror story as she was sticking my body full of needles decided to mention that the day prior she stuck her self with a needle from a patient that was HIV positive !! God bless that person and hope that he or she will live a healthy life . Is there not a protocol that doctors would have to abide by before continuing there practice especially that requires needles with all patients and the practice of bolo therapy ? I feel like I have been taken advantage of and feel stupid that I prematurely told others of her practice and the massive success rate of 96 percent . I do not recommend this doctor at all and if your are already a patient you are probably starting to see this as a farce and scam that is just putting your money in her pocket !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

Got pain? See this lady! Compassionate, highly knowledgeable professional with the keen ability to listen. Rare these days! Dr Bertrand has been instrumental in my fast recovery. A great communicator who likes her job. The pain reduction she was able to administer instantly was remarkable. Need a consummate professional? Call Helene. Outstanding physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I have been a patient for the last three months and she has been extremely helpful in controlling my body pain. I find her to be very friendly and understanding in regards to my current pain situation. There is a great difference since I have been seeing her compared to the previous months. I am very greatful to her and appreciate her proffesionalism and great work so far.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

Oh do I miss Dr. Bertrand. Easily the warmest, most caring physician I have known (and I've had over 15). She is what a doctor should be and sadly rarely is. Happy days to you Hélène! The English Patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2011

She now has retired and will be missed. I was a patient for 12 yrs and enjoyed her down to earth approach. Her cave man diet is extreme but great if your serious. I always brought a book because I knew she would be 30-45 mins behind. I didnt mind because I knew she was being polite to her elderly pts(she had alot). Plus Tracy was always so happy to talk if not too busy. Did not try the prolotherapy even though she suggested it every visit. Expensive and not covered(yet). Nice to have a Dr who spoke different languages also. Made her Pts feel 'at home' in times of stress. THANK YOU DR BERTRAND!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1836807].votes_count ]]