Rate Dr. Steve Fanto

Dr. Steve Fanto's Ratings

I have seen Dr.Fanto regularly since 2000. I was referred to him by my general physician after 2 previous specialists diagnosed persistent pain because of stabbing neuropathy and facet joint pain that required tests, evaluations, and medications..opiate or not...and follow-ups that my general practitioner was not specialized in handling..
I was given papers by Dr.Fanto's staff in regards to MY responsibilities as HIS pain patient as well as his responsibilities to me as a Board Certified Pain Specialist. Dr.Fanto took MRI,X-rays, Blood tests as necessary to diagnose my pain issues. Medications taken regularly cause physiological dependence and many medications ..not just opiates, are dispensed to alleviate pain . By seeing Dr.Fanto every month, I can address pain concerns, he can fulfill his plethora of obligations as a Pain Specialist. ..via regulations ..urine testing , evaluations, etc.. He and his staff have no problem adhering to strict rules.. Break rules and you are fired! I find it helpful to keep a daily diary to make sure I do not miss my medications ...and I have questions at ready at my appointments...Know the rules! .......Dr. Fanto may offer you meds to keep in an emergency.....put them aside for that emergency because the hospital E R cannot give you pain meds if you see a Pain Specialist! ..........Dr.Fanto is a quiet giant......

Submitted Aug. 9, 2014 | flag

Dr Fanto is easy to get narcotics from. He is easy to manipulate. Additionally you can get extra drugs for what he calls break-through pain. He should be held accountable for all the pain he causes by helping people become addicts.

Submitted June 11, 2014 | flag

Dr. Fanto is the king of men. Not only is he the best doctor I have ever seen but he is also one of very few that has been able to help me. He treats his staff like family regularly taking them on fantastic vacations. A sign of a great doctor is that they are a great person first. -John Patten

Submitted May 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Fanto is an outstanding doctor who not only listens to what you have to say, but pays attention to your complaints and tries his best to remedy them. I have been to several pain specialists and it seemed to me that they were mainly concerned about protecting their practices from being raided by the DEA, than caring about my pain. I was also tired of being viewed as simply a drug addict. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Dr. Fanto as a doctor and I have been with him for over 10 years.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2013 | flag

I had endless, severe migraines. A two year quest of searching as to why I got them left me shunned by most of the medical community. I was ready to take my own life due to the pain. Dr. Steve Fanto saved my life. I've told him this several times and I don't think he believes me. From my first appointment years ago, Dr. Fanto put me on a pain management program that completely changed me. He made sure my past was legit: doctors I had seen, provided records, information, etc.. Even with his treatment, the pain still came through somewhat, but it was being managed. He believed me, he didn't accuse me of just trying to obtain medicines. He soon became one of the nicest, funniest, best looking doctors I ever saw. I looked forward to my appointments with him and I never saw Fanto in a bad mood. I have since moved on, but I will forever regard Dr. Fanto as my savior, a great looking guy, and I wish I had become friends with him outside the office with.-Mike Gilstrap

Submitted March 18, 2011 | flag

This is my 4th yr under the care of Doctor Fanto & my feelings indicate that he & his staff deserve a top notch rating. I commend each individual for the compassionate words of encouragement & positive advice during my rough days @ my appointments. The consistency with scheduling my appointments is always prompt & I've never waited more than 5 minutes! My heart goes out to the decision makers in this office; as the experiences I've encountered & the life changes that have surfaced for me have never been over-looked. Each monthly visit brings a sense of security knowing that I have not been disappointed by any changes to the care, compassion & smiles that come my way. Let me remind anyone that may read this that I've become a tough one to impress due to the miserable experiences with a variety of physicians. It saddens me that there are so very few Doctors that give much attention to their patients anymore; especially the souls encountering lifelong disabilities.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2009 | flag

I have a complex medical history and have seen numerous medical professionals within my lifetime. I have been a patient of Dr. Fanto's for over ten years. Dr. Fanto is sincerely my favorite doctor. I find that Dr. Fanto is truly caring and always professional; sometimes adding just a bit of humour as well. Best of luck to all in their search for excellent medical care, BeckyP

Submitted June 3, 2009 | flag