You may also like

Rate Dr. Jack Amar

Dr. Jack Amar's Ratings

Dr. Jack Amar is AMAZING and goes above and beyond in his patient care. I would not trust anyone else. Thanks to him, I got a long overdue diagnosis that changed my life for the better. My mom now sees him and is equally happy with his whole team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2722524].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2015

Dr Amar is vague at best when it comes to patient care and has so far only managed to cause me more stress and aggrevation then answers. After trying to engage with him and my illness, he promptly dismissed me after delivering a diagnosis. There is no after care or concern from Dr Amar and his attitude is less than comforting. His answer to my ailment is pills with no respect for patient input. He is dismissive and clearly more interested in himself than anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2719568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Dr. Amar is amazing. After struggling my whole life I was blessed to have this doctor help me. He listened, and cared, and tried to determine cause. I love this doctor and we're in trouble when he eventually retires. Thank you Dr. Amar. I completely trust you and only you and I don't want to ever see anyone else again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2662067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

I have been treated by Dr. Amar on two occasions and cannot find enough superlatives to accurately describe his professionalism, knowledge and general all round kindness. Highly recommended if you are ever fortunate to receive his services.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2646781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Amar for 16 years. In all my appointments with him he has been professional, interested in what I am saying, helpful and kind. He treats me as a person, not just a medical condition. I completely trust him and would not want to go to anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2627976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I have seen Dr. Amar aboput 6 Xs and he has always presented as interested in what I have to say - not like a number of specialists who have no listening skills and have no problem treating you like an idiot as they are the experts.He has been very helpful with his information and has always come across as really caring and interested in your condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2011

Excellent in every way. Also a good, kind human being. His presence is healing.Seeing him for a few years now

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2011

BEST in the city in my opinion. Can't say enough good things about Dr Amar. The WORST is Marty Fishman in Richmond. Been around, know what I'm talking about

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1837602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2010

I was very pleased with Dr. Amar. I saw him because I had high liver enzymes. A previous Dr. wanted to do a liver biopsy and Dr. Amar assured me that was not necessary and there were other options/tests available first. He was very professional and was very good at explaining everything to me. When I asked him about some herbal ingredinets in the vitamins I was taking he too the time to look at them and answer my questions. I would and have recommended him to others.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1837599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2010

Suffering from intense abdominal pain and severe weight loss I was a frequent visitor in emergency rooms while awaiting an appointment with a specialist. As it got worse, and I became increasingly housebound, I opted to pay for a private colonoscopy. This was where I met Dr. Amar and started my journey back to the living. After diagnosed with severe Crohns, Dr. Amar accepted me as a public care patient and proved himself to be the best doctor I have had. He has excellent bedside manner, is caring and concerned, bases options on facts and statistics and presents these options with both the good and the bad, encourages research, and genuinely wants the best for his patients. You can tell he has a passion for his work. I wish there were more doctors like this one.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1837598].votes_count ]]