Rate Dr. Jack Amar

Dr. Jack Amar's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Amar for 16 years. In all my appointments with him he has been professional, interested in what I am saying, helpful and kind. He treats me as a person, not just a medical condition. I completely trust him and would not want to go to anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I have seen Dr. Amar aboput 6 Xs and he has always presented as interested in what I have to say - not like a number of specialists who have no listening skills and have no problem treating you like an idiot as they are the experts.He has been very helpful with his information and has always come across as really caring and interested in your condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2011

Excellent in every way. Also a good, kind human being. His presence is healing.Seeing him for a few years now

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2011

BEST in the city in my opinion. Can't say enough good things about Dr Amar. The WORST is Marty Fishman in Richmond. Been around, know what I'm talking about

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2010

I was very pleased with Dr. Amar. I saw him because I had high liver enzymes. A previous Dr. wanted to do a liver biopsy and Dr. Amar assured me that was not necessary and there were other options/tests available first. He was very professional and was very good at explaining everything to me. When I asked him about some herbal ingredinets in the vitamins I was taking he too the time to look at them and answer my questions. I would and have recommended him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2010

Suffering from intense abdominal pain and severe weight loss I was a frequent visitor in emergency rooms while awaiting an appointment with a specialist. As it got worse, and I became increasingly housebound, I opted to pay for a private colonoscopy. This was where I met Dr. Amar and started my journey back to the living. After diagnosed with severe Crohns, Dr. Amar accepted me as a public care patient and proved himself to be the best doctor I have had. He has excellent bedside manner, is caring and concerned, bases options on facts and statistics and presents these options with both the good and the bad, encourages research, and genuinely wants the best for his patients. You can tell he has a passion for his work. I wish there were more doctors like this one.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1837598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2010

Excellent medical care,warm,very careful. Have returned for many years for treatment of chronic medical problem. Always professional but friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

I think Dr Amar is one of the best in his field. Before finding him about 15 years ago, I had seen a few Dr's in his field and never got the service, bedside manner, knowledge or courteousness as Dr Amar has. He is very friendly and is good at explaining procedures, at discussing options either with medications, therapy or Natural methods and is just overall great. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2009

I have been going to Dr.J Amar since 1992. He has been very helpful with helping me with my Ulcerative Colitis.I have very few occurances with it. When I do... He is always there for me either by appt. or by giving my family Dr. the info he needs to help me as I live out of the Vancouver Area so coming down just to see him is difficult sometimes. I have a Colonoscopy regularly and he is very truthful. He lets you know that black is black and white is white. He makes no bones about things and that is what I want in a DR. To let me know what is going on. He has told me that if my colitis gets to bad I would need a bag. I have prepared myself that. If it has to happen he will give guidance as what to do. I also see him for a liver disorder and within of knowing he sent me for a MIR Now he takes care of me for that. I thank God for him everyday. His staff is also wonderful they try and fit me in when ever I make it to Vancouver.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2009

I saw Dr. Amar twice, before I had my esophagus dilated at St. Paul's, and after. He seems to be a caring doctor. He listened to me whereas my family doctor did not. I saw him about 10 years ago. I haven't had any problems since then

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837594].votes_count ]]