Rate Dr. Randall W. Porter

Dr. Randall W. Porter's Ratings

Dr. Porter was recommended by a retired Neurosurgeon from Cleveland Clinic who had the same surgery as I needed. Now I know why. Dr. Porter instantly put me at ease and explained everything; I was fully comfortable and confident. At 6 weeks post-op, I am delighted with the outcome. Dr. Porter is #1 in my mind, and enjoys the support of an outstanding staff. Joe McGraw

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Dr. Porter in my book is rated as the top Neurosurgeon in the US. He tells you as it is and prepares his patients. The best solutions to repair and give you your life back. Since my surgery I have recommended two friends to Dr. Porter and their response is the same-he is a blessing from GOD. Thanks to Dr. Porter and the team from BNA. Steve Baumgardner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Amazing Dr!! And I'm a picky patient.
He takes his time with you and listens to your issue. My mother had 3 spinal surgeries before Dr. Porter. ALL were unsuccessful. Dr. Porter worked his magic and my 80 yr old mother is walking again and is even going to the gym these days!
I can't say enough about how thankful we are to have found him. What a blessing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

This review of Dr. Porter is long overdue. I was diagnosed in 2008, at the age of 54, with degenerative disc disease of my spine. At that time I was told by the diagnosing doctor that I had all the spondolo’s, which in my case were due to a broken vertebra at L5. I also had cervical disc degeneration. I had pain in both locations that steadily grew worse over several years. Dr. Porter was my surgeon when I worked up the courage to have the first of two surgeries. On 8/31/2012, I had lumbar fusion surgery at L5-S1. It was a success with a dramatic decrease in pain. My second surgery was on 12/10/2013. During that surgery cervical vertebrae C3-C7 were fused. At the time of my second surgery I was in so much neck pain that I rarely left my house. The second surgery was also very successful with a dramatic decrease in pain. I would highly recommend spinal surgery to anyone as long as they have a surgeon like Dr. Porter. Dr. Porter is highly-skilled, compassionate, experienced, and was always willing to take time with me to answer questions and reassure me when I had fears and doubts. He never pushed surgery but simply made himself available when I was ready. I would not hesitate to run back to Dr. Porter if I need another surgery in the future. Long story made short, Dr. Porter gave me my life back! Thank you Dr. Porter from the depths of my heart!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

I had bilateral spinal fusion surgery on L3/L4. Doctor Porter was outstanding in explaining my condition and how he was going to fix it. After the surgery I had very little pain and recovered very quickly. Doctor Porter came to check on me several times while I was at St. Josephs hospital after the surgery. My experience with Doctor Porter and Barrow Neurological was outstanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Dr.Porter was on top of his game! my wife had a brain tumor and seen many other Dr's that stated she was fine and it was just an ear infection. This was the come theme at all the Offices in Kingman Az. We decided to see Dr Porter's team at the Barrow's and on the first visit / review of her MRI , Dr porter found a very large glomus tumor and the team at Barrow's acted quickly and saved my wife's life!!! So when it came down me Herniating my L-4 L-5 disc Dr. porter was our first choice in which his team acted quickly in getting me the care I needed to get back on my feet. I would recommend Dr Porter and the Team at St Joseph's Barrow to any one seeking a great professional in the Neurological feild.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

I found Dr. Porter to be friendly and genuine in relating to me. He proceeded to suggest Fusion surgery after 6 mos. of therapy trying to relieve pain. I felt totally prepared for the surgery and loved the way Dr. Porter took charge of my after surgery care, too. Most memorable and calming was when Dr. Porter came into my surgery waiting area, took my hand and prayed. I had asked him to give me my life back......and he did. I am so grateful for this man, his knowledge, his skill and his faith.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

I've read the comments and must say that the negative ones must apply to someone other than the Dr. Porter I used. Dr. Porter is knowledgeable, sympathetic, eager to help and a very good doctor. He recommended surgery, a series of laminectomies and two fusions, performed it within a month and followed up. The surgery relieved back paid I'd had for 10 years. I am a trial lawyer and I appreciated his "no ****" approach. If I'd known the result would be this good, I'd have had the surgery years earlier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2399566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

After Dr.P saw my previous post on here he contacted me. I told him if I had listened to his NP I would have died & that he should have left a Dr. in charge of my case when he went on vacation to Europe,in which he agreed & apologized. I lost my L5 disc as a result of all of this. After I was told the infection was cleared in Sept. 2013 Dr.P said to follow up beginning of 2014 to do another MRI to check for fusing. I contacted his office & no return call. I had a surgery beginning of March 2014 for something else & that Dr. wanted clearance from Dr.P to make sure I was ok for surgery. It's April and still no response from Dr.P. I just saw a letter yesterday from Dr.P that was dated November 21,2013 asking me to remove my previous review. I feel removing my previous review leaves other people uninformed when making a decision on their surgeon so I will not remove it but I will say that after I made my previous post, Dr.P did step up and was very helpful in the remainder of my treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2399565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Dr. Porter cares about his patients. He takes the time to listen to you and answer your questions. If you had tests done, he will explain them to you in a way you understand them. If you had a MRI, he will bring it up on the computer and show you what he is talking about. It is truly a partnership. Something special about him is that we share the same faith in God. It meant a lot to me that he would take the time to pray with me before surgery, and ask God to guide his hands. He is a man of integrity. I have the utmost confidence in his abilities as a surgeon. He is humble and down to earth, and treats you with compassion and respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][639694].votes_count ]]